Faulty Laptop - Argos Refused Refund***Resolved***

Honey Monster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning all.

Im hoping for a bit of guidance really.

I purchased an Acer laptop on Saturday but seems to be faulty. After its been on for a round 30mins to an hour it shuts itself off and then starts with a warning screen saying it wasn't shut down properly.

The laptop doesn't seem to be overheating or anything as the fans are quiet and the base cool.

I took it back to my local Argos (where I purchased it from) but was told I couldn't have a refund and would need to be sent off. I explained the little I know of the SoGA but was given the same response.

Are they right? I dont want to be without a laptop for the foreseeable future.

Thanks very much

The Consumer Rights Act introduces: 2015 replaced SOGAT

30 days to get a refund for a faulty item For the first time a specific time frame has been created in which you can reject a faulty item and get a full refund - now 30 days

After 30 days Whether you're entitled to a refund depends on how long you've owned the product.

A 'tiered' remedy system Under the Consumer Rights Act, there are three 'tiers' of remedy available to you. You have the right to have a faulty item repaired or replaced. If either of these fail, you have the right to a price reduction or to reject the product and receive a refund.

Failed repairs After one failed attempt by the retailer to repair or replace a faulty item, you're entitled to ask for a refund or price reduction.

A second repair or replacement If you don't want a refund or price reduction, you have the right to request another repair or replacement at no cost to you.

Deductions from refunds No deduction can be made from a refund in the first six months after purchase. The only exception to this is motor vehicles, where a reasonable reduction may be made for the use you’ve had of the vehicle.

Digital content rights This new law gives consumers rights in relation to online digital content that is paid for, digital content supplied free with other paid for items and digital content supplied on a physical medium, such as a DVD.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: