DLA for Parent - Worsening condition Vascular Dementia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm not sure if anyone would know this but just looking for a little advice.

My mother lives with me, I am her carer.

She receives DLA - High rate mobility - Middle rate care.

She suffers with Vascular Dementia.

At 78, is it possible to get some sort of reassessment for an award of high rate care?

She needs care at night, and someone to keep an eye on her as she is starting to stay awake at night and attempting to keep me awake 24 hours a day.

Any increase in benefit will go towards this care.

I'm not sure if at her age this can be reassessed, and not sure about the fact that it is now PIP so don't know how it works.

Many thanks.

I am no expert, but believe you should get advice from your nearest AgeUK or Citizens Advice Bureau, or even your or your mother's GP. Your own health is being threatened here.

Because your mum is over 65, it's now attendance allowance. This, like PIP, has 2 rates of care; but there's no mobility.

Thanks for that. So even though she is in receipt of DLA already, it would transfer to AA? If so she is better off with the DLA then.

Thanks Peris, I know, it is making me feel ill but sadly it is a very slow process getting help, and it has started, but seems to take forever. Ageuk and CAB have been no use whatsoever and I have been waiting for an appointment with social services for weeks now.