Grievance Process Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post so I hope it's in the correct place.

Quick history, worked for county council for 10 years, have suffered from a diagnosed mental health disability for the whole time for which I take medication, work are fully aware of this.

I reluctantly took out a grievance for disability related issues against my line manager, head of department and a senior manager. The grievance was investigated at the first stage over a very extended period and nothing was found even though I had given them a load of facts which they seemed to ignore so I appealed.

In the interim my line manager has been promoted and the senior manager has retired so HR have said there is no point in investigating the grievance any further.

Can they do this, as it is totally against what is said in our extensive grievance policy and to be honest it has totally messed with my head

Thank you

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

The policy says 15 working days for the first stage, but it also states it could take longer if it's complicated which mine was. It actually took 80 working days but there was a lot of information for the investigator to digest and he does have a full time job as well. It also says in the policy that the resolution has to be agreed by both parties.

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone has advice for me please. Do I need to post any more information?

Also ill health retirement has been mentioned. If I agree to them looking into this and it's not approved can they use it as a way of getting rid of me from my job

Thank you

the fact that one of the people you complained about has gone doesnt alter the fact your employer is responsible for their actions so HR statement is misleading and lazy.

As for ill health retirement, you should look at the company pension scheme rules to see if you are eligible. No-one can force you into IHR but if it isnt applicable there may be grounds to dismiss on capability grounds if you are no longer able to perform your duties and no alternative emplyment is available.

The Equalities Act should prevent misue of this so read up on it so you are better able to determine if any moves they make are not in your interests.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

I've emailed HR and said again I'm not satisfied with the first stage report and I would like it taking to the second stage of the grievance process. I also said all the delays are exacerbating my mental health issues. I'll see what they come back with.

I'm guessing the fact it has taken nearly five months to investigate the first stage of my grievance means that all the acts of discrimination are outside timescales for legally complaining through the tribunals?

Thank you