Threatened with sack because of IVA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend has been working for the same company for over thirty years and recently had to fill in some sort of assessment form in which they asked if he had any financial issues that they didn't know about so out of honesty he said yes, I have an IVA, which is almost satisfied and has been adhered to from day one. The company have been very unpleasant about this and are trying to say that he is a high risk because of this and are threatening him with the sack over it. He has been through a grilling today and they're asking for further evidence next week before they make 'a decision'. There is something about this that smells pretty bad. He has three years to go before retirement and I feel this is a cynical sideways way of trying to get rid. I wonder about the legality of this and if anyone on here knows of a precedent that might help throw some light on this thoroughly unpleasant and spiteful behaviour. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can offer some advice

Regards

Andy

What job is employed to do?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

does he work with cash, vulnerable people or in finance?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Not finance or vulnerable folk but there is a legal aspect to it. Can't say too much because i don't want his employers to cotton on, not that they are likely to read this but can't be too careful

Contract, company handbook etc? If he is to be dismissed or disciplined then it should be covered in his contract - eg 'Your continued employment is dependant on you maintaining good financial standing and not becoming the subject of any bankruptcy, IVA or similar'. Even there it would depend on the job itself and the circumstances as to whether any dismissal on grounds of having personal financial issues might be reasonable.

There are certain financial and legal positions where this is an automatic requirement - most banking jobs, solicitors or accountants in particular, but for others, it is a matter of contractual terms, and as above, even there it may not be 'reasonable' to take disciplinary action

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Dont need expensive legal advice tbh. Do you have a union at your place of employment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D