• Tweets

• If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step. It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.        
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
    • UK travellers are being caught out by post-Brexit passport rules.   When do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule? WWW.BBC.COM UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.                                   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS Credit Card Debt & Westcot Credit Services - SCOTTISH LAW APPLIES

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently investigating the enforceability of two credit card accounts which were held with Royal bank of Scotland

They merged both cards together at one point, Classic Visa with Gold visa to give one card with one credit limit as opposed to two cards with two limits.

I have requested a subject access request report from RBS over a period of several months so that I can fight the case.

They have eventually come back to me with some statements for the initial account

however they have admitted that they cannot obtain the credit agreement for the first card (RBS Classic Visa).

My issue is that this card was cancelled when they transferred the credit limit over to the other card as there was a zero balance on the card at the time.

They have supplied me with the following information which I am now quoting from there letter received by me on Friday 5th March 2010

“Our records advise that we have completed a subject access request on the above account which has been sent to you.

However whilst investigating this I have been able to trace statements for you other credit card account **** **** **** ****, I apologise that this information was not sent to you with our previous response.

The Fifth principle of the data protection act 1998 states that personal data shall only be held for as long as is necessary to carry out the purpose it was collected.

Therefore the Bank holds personal information which is necessary for maintaining your account.

As the account **** **** **** **** has been closed for some time, the only information we hold in relation to the account is copy statements.

It appears that the account was opened around May 2003 as the statements only date back to June 2003 and shows a zero starting balance.

I have enclosed the statements and I confirm that we have been unable to obtain a copy of the signed agreement for this account “

My issue is that they merged the two accounts around July/August 2007 when the credit limit increased from £6800 to £9100 (£2300 credit limit used to increase the value on the initial card which was then cancelled)

GThey also offered a 0% balance transfer programme at this time as an incentive to merge both cards.

They have only supplied me statements from the initial card up to July 2006 even though there was a zero balance up to approx April 2007 when the card was used then cleared again so they are clearly not giving me all the necessary statements in the SAR Request.

I am also investigating the fact that the interest rates have dramatically increased since the time the card was taking out and looking at the possibility of an unfair relationship claim if the Unenforceable credit agreement claim fails.

Where do they stand with merging the cards since they have now admitted that don’t have a CCA for the card??

• 2 years later...

I have been paying a token payment of £25.00 to the RBS forover 4 years now on a defaulted credit card. I have a question in relation tothe Scottish law when it comes to a defaulted account becoming Time Barred.

Due to the fact that I am paying a token payment towards thecard each and every month and have done for four years does this essentiallymean that the default will never become time barred?

Yes ..............statute barred means where there has been no payment or acknowledgement for 5 years

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Is there any ppi or charges that can be reclaimed ?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

NO PPI on the card, charges now are all associated with the overdue payments. They did however stop charging interest on the card a long time ago so I am only effectively paying what is owed up to the point of default.

I incorrectly though that after 5 years this would go away. I take it since I am making payment then until we come to some sort of agreement on a full and final settlement then this can go on until the debt is cleared........ At this rate 15 years!!!!

this will stay recorded on your credit file for up to 6 years after the account is settled.

It may be worth your while to send a SAR to see the amount of charges you could reclaim

if you have overlimit fees

get them back

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Im probably going to make a settlement offer on this one as I have two complaints now upheld by the IOC and the FOS for lack of information being provided on an SAR and various other requests. In theory If this was to go to court I think they would have egg on there face but not prepared to go that far just want it cleared.

If I can get this settled within the next 12 mths the record should come off my file anyway as the default will then have hit the 6 year period where it is recorded on my credit file and the account would have been settled anyway

• 3 years later...

I have an old Credit card debt with RBS which defaulted in Sept 2009 approx. £6300 still due. It no longer shows on my credit file as it dropped off last year. I have been paying £25.00 per month without fail every month towards it for more than 6 years. As I have been making payment it doesn't come under the same rules as being statute barred (Or does it?)

I have received a letter stating that Westcot Credit Services will be managing the repayment plan going forward and they will contact me in 14 days.

The minimum payment given to RBS was accepted by them in correspondence going back a few years now however they continually asked me to pay more to which I ignored all correspondence and just kept paying the minimum amount that we had agreed. They referred to this as a temporary arrangement.

What is the situation with Westcot? I clearly don't recognise them as the debtor and as far as I am concerned my original complaint to RBS is still in dispute however it was easier to pay the £25.00 per month.

If RBS have sold the debt to Westcot then I have grounds for unlawful rescission of contract as they haven't told me they were selling the debt. I assume they are just managing it on RBSs behalf?

Any thoughts?

It will never become statute barred as you are still making payments to it...Wetcloffs are merely ambulance chasers...they dont buy debts.

Andy

PS why does Scottish Law apply? Do you reside and did you enter the agreement in Scotland?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well you have to decide if you wish to pay Wetcloths your agreed amount or continue paying it to RBSs...I personally would have stopped paying it in 2009 and now it would be extinguished (5 years).

I would send Wets a section 78 request and see what response you get ....

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

oh yes CCA request time!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've merged 3 old threads here for the complete history.

looks like the CCA was non complaint from before?

need to read the whole thread first mind

dx

and they