My daughter. Apprenticeship problems.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've a problem with my eldest daughter.

Long story short- was on an apprenticeship and wasn't going well. The employer was a bunny boiler- so much so that the training provider found another employer for her.

When she handed in her notice all hell broke loose- and that's no exaggeration. Anyway, new job is fine.

However. More than 6 weeks have passed, it was payday today, and she hasn't been paid. The old emplyer is not paying even after we have tried contacting her.

In my olden days I would have just written a letter demanding payment, left it 14 days done a LBA and then gone to small claims.

Not sure if this approach is any good for this situation though.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like the right approach to me, if she had a contract.

If she didn't have anything in writing then an employment tribunal may be a better option (they're better versed in dealing with contract free relationships) but it does cost more, until you claim your fees back from the other side, anyway.

It sounds like the right approach to me, if she had a contract.

If she didn't have anything in writing then an employment tribunal may be a better option (they're better versed in dealing with contract free relationships) but it does cost more, until you claim your fees back from the other side, anyway.

I agree with Becky. Its the right approach.

Oh yes. This is certainly the case here.

She won't pay. I'm thinking she won't answer the letters.

She probably won't turn up in court.

She's not got a leg to stand on, I can't see a solicitor taking it up.

Oh yes. This is certainly the case here.

She won't pay. I'm thinking she won't answer the letters.

She probably won't turn up in court.

She's not got a leg to stand on, I can't see a solicitor taking it up.

Sounds like you'll have no problem getting a judgement in your daughter's favour, although once the lain is served it will be interesting to see if any artful defence appears ....

If you get judgement : do you feel it is likely to be enforceable?

• 5 months later...

Yes, under the Business Names Registration Act she has to put the business details up in a prominent position in the shop itself just for such eventualities. It may be worth getting someone to pop in and have a gander.

Plus side is when naming a business then the bailiffs can enter the business premises without hindrance. You wont get that with a home address. Haing all of her stuff siezed in front of her customers will adjust her attitude