Help needed! Delays + 3rd delivery of damaged/ 2nd hand garden funiture.

OutsiderLookingIn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I have wasted so much time and stress trying to get a good condition/new set of garden funiture from Argos. It's been 3 months since we ordered this Furniture set:http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6523835.htm

We didn't get a confirmation email after ordering this furniture. After calling Argos they said that there was an issue with the ordering system which meant email confirmations weren't going out that day but confirmed the order was successfully placed.

We ordered this furniture in mid March. The product page stated delivery within 14 days. We were given a delivery date for about 2 weeks after order date. Just before the delivery date, we received a call to advise that there was an issue and that delivery would be delayed by another 4 weeks!

Finally, on 13th May we received the furniture. Now this furniture is BIG! The boxes they came in do not fit through a front door and so I had to get delivery team to leave the boxes on our driveway and I opened them after they left and we carried the all the furniture through the house and into the garden.

Upon close inspection we found several scuffs on the rattan effect plastic weave:

IMAG2704.jpg

IMAG2707.jpg

IMAG2709.jpg

IMAG2714.jpg

IMAG2715.jpg

Here the weave has been done incorrectly. These strands should be tight. On the other sofa it is nice and neat.

IMAG2720.jpg

IMAG2722.jpg

I had a live chat with a customer service advisor and sent them the photos. You can view the transcript (guy was a bit insensitive) if you're interested here: http://pastebin.com/CTv5W3d9 They confirmed that it shouldn't have arrived in that condition and that the weave was defective. I offered to accept the furniture if I could get a discount for the defect and damage. After initially offering £29.99 they said the maximum they could offer was £49.99 plus delivery charge so I rejected the offer and asked for a replacement instead.

As I was about to go on holiday in a weeks time so the next suitable delivery slot for the replacement furniture was 14th June.

When this replacement set arrived it had even more damage! So I did a video of it to show Argos:

https://youtu.be/T7LW8qypRTc

I contacted Argos publicly on their Facebook page with a link to the video. They replied and apologised and said that 'small' cosmetic damage can happen in transit. They arranged for another replacement to be sent.

This 3rd replacement set arrived on 17th June at 3.30pm despite time slot of 10am-2pm and I was on school run at the time (more stress!).

This set was by far the worst of the 3. Damaged in several places (broken rattan) and the middle section was clearly very used and filthy!

Here's a video of the 3rd set's condition:

https://youtu.be/lzF0kDACckw

I complained on their Facebook page again and asked for a manager to contact me. They replied to say that I can have a replacement or refund. I asked again for a manager to contact me and they replied saying that my complaint had been passed onto management who would be in contact as soon as possible. That was 20th June and no contact but I think I won't hear anything more now. We will see.

Obviously I could just get a refund but I really want this furniture set. It would look amazing if it was in new condition. There are many many 5* reviews on the product page so other buyers aren't getting the same issues as me.

My reason for posting is because I would like to know what I can realistically ask for in compensation, IF I actually manage to get a set of this furniture I am happy with.

Here's a summary:

1.Delivery took 6 weeks due to 4 week delay despite Argos quoting a 2 week delivery on product page when we ordered.

2. Three sets of furniture delivered. All damaged/second hand etc.

3. It's been 3 months since they took our money and we still don't have a furniture set that we can use. As a result we have had no garden furniture to sit on since April.

4.I have had to miss out on 3 days work for deliveries

5. Stress and inconvenience of the whole thing.

Thank you for reading this far and I'm sorry it's so long.

Any help you or advice you can give me is greatly appreciated :)