More and More Duties... No Better Off?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been with my employer for almost a year now. I was hired as a warranty controller, but my duties have been gradually increased, taking on duties from both other staff (such as those leaving) and those of my manager. I've asked that I be considered for a higher position, namely assistant manager, as I feel this better incorporates all my duties, but nothing has materialised as of yet. It's frustrating, as I'm now responsible for quality control, monthly reports and now rental. In additional, I have to cover workshop control when he's away for any reason, plus I don't have anyone willing to take up any of my duties, so I always end up with a backlog if I ever take time off (so much for ever taking 2 weeks off).

The issue is that nobody else wants to take on anything else. I'm decent enough of a work to be willing to help out, but it seems I get nothing in return. My question would be how to approach my manager and make it clear that I'm not being awarded for my increases responsibilities. My role is more difficult than when I sarted, but I've not been given any promotion, bonus or salary increase. I think one of the latter is appropriate in particular.

What does your contract say

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What does your contract say

It's a contract for warranty controller, so I'm responsibke for all duties relevant for administrating warranties for the company. Obviously, the extra duties I've been doing are not warranty related, so I'm doing them to help out where other employees don't.

Yep. Most jobs require you to multi task. But if you are actually doing dual roles that require 2 different titles, then why not ask. You can always refuse to do the duties but don't be surprised if they try to oust you

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep. Most jobs require you to multi task. But if you are actually doing dual roles that require 2 different titles, then why not ask. You can always refuse to do the duties but don't be surprised if they try to oust you

They won't be able to oust me as I'm irreplaceable in my current role (nobody else is trained to do it). The issue is that where staff are being made redundant or leaving the company, the roles are being dumped on me because I'm capable enough to handle them. I think I deserve a contract renewal to reflect this, but I don't want to come across as too demanding.

If all of the things are within your capabilities and not in a distinct evaluated job group that is different to yours you are stuck with it as long as you only work the same number of hours. More does not equal different or better. If your job is part of an evaluated scheme then you need to look at what is the correct level and ask for your duties to be considered at the higher pay rate.