Parking Charge Morrisons Nantwich - ParkingEye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

1 Date of the infringement - 20/05/2016

2 Date on the NTK - 25/05/2016

3 Date received - 31/05/2016

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? - YES

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - YES, two photos of my car as I am entering and leaving the car park

6 Have you appealed? No

Have you had a response? No

7 Who is the parking company? ParkingEye

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. - YES, they operate under BPA

The car park is FREE. The maximum stay is 1 hours 30 minutes. I have stayed 2 hours 30 minutes. They are asking me to pay a charge of £85, which is reduced to £50 if I pay within 14 days.

Would you be able to walk me through the process of cancelling this? I have read some similar threads, but I am unsure if they are still relevant today - May, 2016.

This is what I found in a different thread:

[old letter removed - dx]

Thank you!

**Update**

Just to clarify that this was a parking charge notice that I received in the mail, with two pictures of my car entering and leaving.

Also, I have e-mailed Morrisons to complain about the incident.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks!

That template is out of date, do not send it.

Complaining to Morrisons is the correct way to get this cancelled initially, if you have included a receipt.

Wait for their response before you contact PE if needed, with our help of course.

• Confused 1

You won't have to pay anything at all. Sit tight and wait for Eric and others to advise

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have complained to Morrisons, but I haven't included a receipt as I don't have one.

What is the chance of them cancelling the parking charge? I wouldn't want to mess it up and pay the higher charge of £85.

Did you actually shop in the store?

What was your complaint to Morrisons?

I did enter the store, but I don't remember if I purchased anything, so I definitely don't have a receipt. I then went on to do other business in town..

It was along the lines that being a loyal Morrisons customer I was disappointed and shocked to receive a parking charge in return for my shopping at their store. Also, mentioned that I would stop being their customer and would advise the same to my friends and family.

Well you may be lucky and Morrisons cancel it without a receipt. PE certainly won't without one.

Check with your planning office about permission for the PE signage and time limits.

You have 28 days to appeal to PE so there is time to investigate the signage.

Hi, thanks for the information.

Would you be able to clarify what you mean by : "Check with your planning office about permission for the PE signage and time limits."

I e-mailed the planning office at cheshireeast the following:

"Hello,

Would you be able to provide me with the permisson for Parking Eye signage and time limits of the car park.

Thank you!

Kind regards, "

Is that sufficient and correct?

Thanks for the help!

I have already checked that page, but couldn't find anything related to "ParkingEye" or its derivatives and "parking" entries are too many. I am not quite certain what I am looking for anyway.

**Update**

I'm not sure what I am looking for, but when I searched for morrison's postcode, it came back with the following.. attached image.

There is no mention of their car park or any development of that sort.

Capture.jpg

Edited by citronadeo

If its anew store, they will have permission, although Morrisons are phasing out the use of PPC's now . The older stores do not have permission int he majority so it pays to check.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hello,

I am not sure if it's a new store or not. It looks like it has been there for a while as in the attachment above there are developments dated 2007. I am not sure what exact permission you are talking about and how I could find out. I have posted what the email I sent to the council too.

Thanks!

Ask the council planning dept if PE have applied for and been granted planning permission for their signage and cameras under the advertising hoardings regs of the Town and Country Planning Act (last amended 2014) They need it and it is not deemed consent so dont take any bull. However, once they apply it is a nod throught as a mere formality anywhere other than a conservation area.

These are the e-mails I sent them:

Hello,

Would you be able to provide me with the permission for Parking Eye signage and time limits of the car park.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

me to planning

Show more

3:47 PM

Hello,

To clarify I'm looking for advertisement consent for Parking Eye's Parking at Morrisons (Station Rd, Nantwich, North West CW5 5SP) - signs and planning permission for their cameras.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

use the terminology stated, that is the law they have to submit PP under, just using a vague request will get you a vague answer.

You can also ask if there are restictions in the planning application for the store regarding time limits for customer parking.

• Confused 1

I'm not entirely sure what terminology to use, everyone is being a bit vague.

They haven't replied yet, but I'll add this into my emails. I'm emailing [email protected].

I'm worried the time will pass and I I'll have to pay the higher fee. What do you think? Neither them nor morrisons are replying so far.

Thanks for the help! Appreciated!

You dont have to pay anything. There are no time limits. PPC's make them up as they go along. None of them have any real standing.

Thank you! If you are really sure that I'll be able to dodge this, I'll do so, I really don't want to drag it to courts though. I am still waiting for replies from the council and Morrisons.

Many thanks for your help!

ask the council whether Parking Eye or Morrisons have planning permission for the cameras and signage used by PE under the advertising hoardings regs of the Town and Country Planning Act. Morrisons will have PP for their signs as they will have them for the big lit up sign on the front of the store etc but it is usual for PE to "forget" that they need it for their contract signs or claim that it is not needed (deemed consent-which is not true) or that they expect Morrisons to apply on their behalf.

So be specific about the signs you are enquiring about and quote the legislation so it isnt confused with any other planning consent. If they have it the council will have a little map of where the signs are, how big they are and what they say.

Thank you for your help people. This has now been cancelled.

The way I resolved is by contacting Morrisons and explaining the situation. They called me a few days later to confirm it is now cancelled and that I'll receive a paper copy of this decision.

Yayy!

They know it cant be enforced. Theyre trying to end their contract with parking eye which is why molst of their stores dont have PPC's running the car park. Sadly, parking eye have very one sided contracts with their clients.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...