Alloy damage

ZT1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning. I took my car to get a new tyre fitted and after payment i discovered the alloy rims had been damaged quite badly . I addressed the issue with the garage and was told it wasnt them and they pointed out a knick i had on it previously and just resoluted to the wheel was already damaged and refused to take responsibility to the rims being damaged by their machine.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice because clearly i am unhappy with the extent of damage they have caused and considering they are a national company im shocked with their unprofessional nature.

Kwikfit by any chance?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

One quick question, do you have proof the alloys were perfect before you went there, and do you have proof it was HiQ?

If so, then it would be an open and shut cade. 14 day LBA to The General manager of that HiQ branch , then follow it up with MCOL claim, and as soon as each timeline ticks down, move to the next step. National businesses very VERY rarely ever budge until a court claim ends up on their desk. They get threatened tens of thousands of times and maybe 0.1% actually issue the claim, and even less people see it through to the end.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you look at the pictures there is no evidence of kerbing but one picture does indicate possible previous damage as corrosion is clearly there. However, there is also another picture showing new damage with evidence in same spot of tyre fitting lubricant. I think this is a 50/50 call and you should negotiate as such.

I have one pic of part of the wheel taken a couple of days before as I took a photo to ensure I was ordering the correct tyre size. However it does show the scuff I already had with no chipping and pics taken after show the same scuff worsened with chipping surrounding it. Know I've probably not got a hope in hell of getting these cowboys and they'll probably continue wrecking alloys for the rest of their lives but there's no harm in trying to get justice