• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

No more free Windows 10 upgrade after July

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you've not upgraded to Windows 10, and are thinking of doing so, then you'll have to get your rear in gear as Microsoft have announced that they're ending the free upgrade on 29th July.

Previously there had been speculation that Microsoft might extend the 12 month free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and 8 users.

If you upgrade after that, it'll cost you upwards of £80 (there's no official UK pricing as yet) to get Windows 10. If you're buying a new device, it'll come installed on the machine as standard.

The good news is that Microsoft will finally turn off that annoying 'Get Windows 10' app that pesters Windows 7 and 8 users into upgrading to Windows 10.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/freebies/no-more-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-91964

If you've not upgraded to Windows 10, and are thinking of doing so, then you'll have to get your rear in gear as Microsoft have announced that they're ending the free upgrade on 29th July.

Previously there had been speculation that Microsoft might extend the 12 month free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and 8 users.

If you upgrade after that, it'll cost you upwards of £80 (there's no official UK pricing as yet) to get Windows 10. If you're buying a new device, it'll come installed on the machine as standard.

The good news is that Microsoft will finally turn off that annoying 'Get Windows 10' app that pesters Windows 7 and 8 users into upgrading to Windows 10.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/freebies/no-more-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-91964

Ubuntu Studio for me, can't be bothered with the data siphon and privacy buster that is Windows 10.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Personally I will just stick with Windows 7 until it no longer works, then I'll look into one of the free operating systems. From what I have heard about Windows 8 and 10 I have no wish to "upgrade" to either of them.

Ubuntu or Linux Mint are OK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Time to give the OS the boot http://www.ghacks.net/2015/11/24/beware-latest-windows-10-update-may-remove-programs-automatically/

I found that several of my paid for programmes were wiped out and deleted why FFS?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

i wondered about the privacy/data collection issue cf. ubuntu for eg. did a brief search.

it seems that U also collects some info, eg re amazon/soc networks etc (see their privacy policy)

but, win 10 seems more of a 'data siphon', though alot of the settings can be changed.

Time to give the OS the boot http://www.ghacks.net/2015/11/24/beware-latest-windows-10-update-may-remove-programs-automatically/

I found that several of my paid for programmes were wiped out and deleted why FFS?

Imagine what would happen in a corporate environment if the IT dept were not on their toes.

i wondered about the privacy/data collection issue cf. ubuntu for eg. did a brief search.

it seems that U also collects some info, eg re amazon/soc networks etc (see their privacy policy)

but, win 10 seems more of a 'data siphon', though alot of the settings can be changed.

According to this it has gone

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/01/ubuntu-online-search-feature-disabled-16-04

My laptop has Windows 7 installed which I am perfectly happy with!

I've heard from some people that installing Windows 10 can cause problems with your computer.

I left my laptop on the other day but closed the lid as I intended to go back on it shortly afterwards.

When I went back to it an hour later and opened the lid, Windows 10 had downloaded onto my laptop!

I did not request, click for it or want it.

I wonder is it even legal for them to do this without your permission??

I googled this and managed to revert back to Windows 7.

I've heard from other people that Windows 10 has downloaded onto their computers

also when they have left them switched on but not in use.

If this happens to you and like me you do not want Windows 10,

go into google where you will find the solution to revert back to your original setting.

The cheek of them!!

• 1 month later...
DO NOT UPGRADE.

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE IS TOO UNSTABLE.

I'm in the IT techy game and I've yet to hear of one successful upgrade.

preinstalled is OK, but the upgrades will cause problems.

Needs a clean install to be sure, but do we really want to have to close all the backdoor snooping 10 brings with it, many are happy with 7 and 8.1. Personally I am happy with Ubuntu Studio.

If the upgrade was less than 30 days roll it back to your previous settings, see here the easy to follow guide here >> http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

If not then recover the system using the on-board recovery partition but before you do it may pay you to run a program called Belarc advisor to get the free key you were given, this is a great tool to get your system details and product keys, see here >> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html or similar.

Once the program has run open the file select all right click and copy and paste it in to word, save as a PDF for future needs if need be. It also lists keys for many other products you have installed.

There are other programs that do the same like 'Magic Jelly Bean'

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Needs a clean install to be sure, but do we really want to have to close all the backdoor snooping 10 brings with it, many are happy with 7 and 8.1. Personally I am happy with Ubuntu Studio.

If you have concerns re this issue then you can run spybot anti beacon to turn most of the bits that you are concerned about >> https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

If you have concerns re this issue then you can run spybot anti beacon to turn most of the bits that you are concerned about >> https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

MM I run Linux, so Windows isn't even a consideration.

tried 10 for a bit on a Ltop (the upgrade from 7 went ok), but will stick with 7. when support for that dies, then its prob over to ubuntu or the like :)

Has anyone else that reserved their Free Upgrade to Win 10 and are still waiting on it notice anything different if checking windows update today?

I certainly did as my Windows update that last night when checked still displayed my reserved free upgrade is no longer displaying this today (is this another sneaky tactic by microsoft)

I deliberately let my Dell Laptop with a legal installation of Win 8.1 let the automatic updates do it all. (I know I could have downloaded and installed it)

Anybody else notice this change.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks Ford

So ended up having to do it as you suggested.

The upgrade and installation went ok then main issue after the upgrade for me is my laptop has never run so slow and I mean slow it would take forever to load anything.

So the pain has been rechecking - all my drivers (some needed updating), all programs (some needed updating) & tweaking my system to stop all those sneaky telemetry that MS installed to collect data.

So really its taken me from when Ford post#22 till now to be fully up and running again.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Real issue for Microsoft was that there was no absolute "Must Upgrade" for Win 10, so they were as persistent as Cameron was for Remain with their own Project fear, as in don't get left behind jump on our new cash cow model. Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS upgrade is out for Ubuntu, time for me to upgrade.

Thanks Ford

So ended up having to do it as you suggested.

The upgrade and installation went ok then main issue after the upgrade for me is my laptop has never run so slow and I mean slow it would take forever to load anything.

So the pain has been rechecking - all my drivers (some needed updating), all programs (some needed updating) & tweaking my system to stop all those sneaky telemetry that MS installed to collect data.

So really its taken me from when Ford post#22 till now to be fully up and running again.

it took mine quite awhile to upgrade as well.

sort out the 'spy' options (the spybot option earlier on thread is one), and disable all those background apps.

did you do the stand alone iso download(s) also, useful re available recovery options.