Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am always amazed when the ordinary man and woman takes on the big boys.

Seems like these people in Yorkshire are trying their best to challenge the Frackers.

Frack Free Ryedale is a community-led campaign group which has brought together people of all ages and from all walks of life who oppose to unconventional oil and gas extraction.

We have been campaigning for over two years to prevent fracking from industrialising our beautiful countryside, polluting our water, damaging our health, jeopardising local agriculture and tourism and threatening the UK's climate change goals.

https://www.gofundme.com/frackfreeryedale?rcid=e978391636b5464a8e0b57c551158c44

Villages must wait for decision on fracking at Kirby Misperton.

I suppose this means a few more weeks of nail biting.

The High Court has reserved its judgment on a legal challenge by residents of a North Yorkshire village against one of the first planning applications to carry out fracking in England.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/villages-must-wait-for-decision-on-fracking-at-kirby-misperton-1-8255022

Frackers could damage many of Britain's richest wildlife sites if they decide to exploit earmarked locations, according to University of Reading researchers.

Their analysis shows 65 per cent of areas deemed suitable for shale gas extraction have high levels of biodiversity. Many of these areas are home to species which are vital to the functioning of ecosystems.

Search the land inch by inch looking for these species that will be there,some are saying.

Interesting.

Green Gas: The Opportunity for Britain

We knew that our Green Gas Mills were going to be a revolution in gas, but we wanted to see just how much potential they really had. So we commissioned a study to look into this.

The results were better than we could have imagined. The report found that green gas made from grass could potentially power 97% of Britain’s homes, employ 75,000 people and inject £7.5 billion into the rural economy every year.

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/our-green-energy/our-green-gas/campaign-for-green-gas/green-gas-report

As i did not know that much about Green Gas just took a look around.Found this video.

Dale Vince talks Green Gas with Robert Llewellyn

Planning applications are being posted in every area for Green Gas Mills where Fracking is threatened.To start a Debate off.

Instead of fracking we need more compact nuclear energy, near water sources with spare capacity creating hydrogen (gas and peroxid) with associated on site hydrogen gas/peroxide burning generators to cater for peak usage.

More jobs, UK technology leading the world and desirable in world markets, cleaner energy and very limited risk

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 1 month later...

The call to ‘Fraxit’ and six stress tests the fracking industry fails.

The US Environmental Protection Agency released a definitive study in December concluding that hydraulic fracturing can impact drinking water at each stage in the shale gas production process.

Do we really want to see 16,000 or more shale gas wells drilled in the British countryside carrying the same and other risks, ask Professors Peter Strachan and Alex Russell?

http://newsnet.scot/archive/call-fraxit-five-stress-tests-fracking-industry-fails/

I am against Fracking I feel many who read this thread may come to that conclusion easily.

I was surprised to see how many of the big Six support Fracking.

So I have switched supplier.I find I cannot carry on paying a few pounds to a supplier who spends money investing this way.

I am now with Ecotricity,just in case you want to know who they are.

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/

And also just in case you want to know who is investing in Fracking.

And may want to look at things.These companies have millions to spend,well this is one way to have your say.

Do you pay bills to any of these guys?

http://unfrack.me/#unfrackme

More news soon,from Lancashire,Yorkshire wherever in the UK you are. this is going to be an interesting year.

Just catching up with things.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

''Friends of the Earth must not repeat misleading fracking claims''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-38499811

Isnt it the case that FotE referred to chemicals commonly used in fracking as quadrillia DO NOT disclose what chemicals they use under commercial sensitivity claims, so there was no evidence what chemicals Cuadrilla use?

and that the evidence quoted regarding health and house price issues was from other countries like America who have been using fracking and it was argued to not be evidential demonstrably the case in the UK

- at least until its too late and all these things happen that is?

So actually the ruling was that the detail was not proven (due to Cuadrilla hiding facts about what they use, and claiming USA/Australian studies are not relevant to the UK), not more importantly in my view that the claimed issues and referred studies were false.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Its my opinion that Cuadrilla should be proving beyond any doubt that the claims, supported by evidence from the USA and Australia where fracking has been widespread, are false.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

We don't know the details of the ASA's decision because it was informally resolved and therefore not published but it's usually the case that the respondent of informally resolved ASA complaints do not dispute the complaint grounds so it's a safe bet that, for whatever reasons, the claims were misleading.

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications.aspx#2

Oddly when I looked at the ASA yesterday it listed the case as simply 'Friends of the Earth' but it now lists both FotE Ltd and FotE Trust Ltd (the charity). This coincides with a piece in today's Times that claims FotE misled the Charity Commission as to who published the flyer by claiming it was the company and not the charity, in order to escape censure from the CC.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/anti-fracking-campaigners-misled-charity-watchdog-05jj66rck

so it's a safe bet that, for whatever reasons, the claims were misleading.

No it is not a safe bet - as I stated the claims could be considered 'unproven' or 'disputed'

Even government sponsored reports claim that

"Fracking could reduce house prices, increase traffic and noise and damage the landscape in rural communities, according to a draft official report."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33355554

and with this report it was also decried by the fracking lobbyists as

"in danger of extrapolating the experiences of other jurisdictions that have different regulation, planning regimes and geologies."

NOT that it was false.

... and as I stated above was the most likely 'safe bet' for the result referenced.

The Tory Legacy

Such an interesting year coming up.

The Frackers gearing up and raring to go.

The Protectors gearing up and ready to go.

Many people must be sad that their local Democratic decisions have been overuled by the powerful ones.

Many millions have been invested in these Fracking companies.

They have to get Fracking or investors will lose millions.

Let us just take a quick look at how these companies are doing at the moment.

First of all Third Energy wanting to Frack away in Yorkshire.

Just had a quick look around here and there.Have a look around yourself.

Let us see who we are dealing with,learn a little about them.

Companies House is usually pretty interesting.

Third Energy.Filing accounts is no big deal I suppose:

But a warning notice for late accounts I suppose have to take a little notice of.:madgrin:

Just so you can look around which anyone can.

Costs can mount quick if things get held up,delays etc.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01421481/filing-history

And as Uncle Bulgaria said a few pages back are we insured for costs if anything goes pearshaped,houses,water,so many things.

Bound to be a insurer about .Are we covered for all eventualities.Possible damage due to Tremors,well it has to be asked.

Or would a Limited Company just head for the hills and leave someone else to clean up the mess.

Oh well let us move to Cuadrilla,see how well of they are.

You will have to look around yourselves to check things out but they must be desperate to get going.

As well as whoever invests in these companies.

Cuadrilla is 45pc owned by private equity firm Riverstone, 45pc by Australian engineering firm AJ Lucas, and 10pc by its management and staff. It had virtually no revenues in 2015, reported an $18m (£14.3m) loss, and spent $10.6m cash. It also raised $4m from its existing shareholders.

Once fracking commences, it could take a year to assess whether the wells are commercially viable.

There you go have a root around.

CUADRILLA RESOURCES HOLDINGS LIMITED

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07147040

And you may be if you are a shareholder,investor perhaps in any of these companies feeling a little pressure building from these types of companies who promise many more jobs than Frackers could dream of.

Mopping of brows maybe coming as pressure build from Communities who are not that keen on their Democratic decisions overturned or ignored.

Much more to say but time has run out.

Rushing a little.

How Can I Oppose Fracking?

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/our-green-energy/our-green-gas/ecotricity-against-fracking/how-can-i-oppose-fracking

Bye for now and have your say.

Tawnyowl.

from back in 2011

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/mining-services-company-aj-lucas-holds-55pc-stake-in-uks-huge-gas-discovery/news-story/7deee13b9614f1ccea16fc14be3c042d

"

SUSPENDED Australian mining services company AJ Lucas has achieved a startling accidental double: it has a 55 per cent interest in the biggest onshore gas discovery in Britain in decades, and it is suspended from trading for financial reasons.

In May, Lucas had to ask the ASX to suspend its shares at $1.35 pending a recapitalisation that will not be complete until November, shareholder votes permitting."

regarding the UK Bowland Basin in Lancashire operation

"The report cautioned that more work and expenditure was required, and a further five to seven wells would be needed, before a decision could be made on commercial development of the Bowland Basin prospect."

"Cuadrilla is planning to drill 800 holes in the area, assuming production drilling is allowed to go ahead."

The Tory Legacy

Well what a surprise.It seems that Work has begun at a controversial fracking site in Lancashire, it was revealed today. Gas exploration firm Cuadrilla has announced the start of initial surface construction works on its shale gas exploration site at Preston New Road, Little Plumpton.

Sounds like Drilling may begin early summer,but who knows,cloak and dagger.

Read more at: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/business/updated-work-starts-at-fracking-site-in-lancashire-1-8318864

The sudden announcement by Cuadrilla seemed to take protesters by surprise, with just a lone man on a bike protesting at the site this morning.

Latest i can find.

Police have alerted us that Lancs County Council & Fylde Borough Council gave permission last night for Cuadrilla to start work at the Preston New Road site this morning. Lancs Police have confirmed the news by Twitter. More later.

Hearing that Cuadrilla still have two legal challenges against them.But started anyway.

Also that nearby residents were not informed of work starting by the company.If so clear class.

Just spotted a video of one hell of a hopping mad bunny in the road,i will try to find it.

Ah,The video has vanished but I am sure it will turn up again.BBC i think.

Another article.Stealth move by Cuadrilla.

Work begins at Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road fracking site

A few comments.

“Cuadrilla have permission to start work on the road outside PNR site. Obviously ignoring any legal fracking challenges they are facing”

http://stopfyldefracking.org.uk/category/latest-news/

I will let the dust settle for today, and check out any other developments as they arise.

A touch misty, the fog needs to clear a touch.

This news has surprised many people.

But yesterday i had a tip but could not work out where something might happen.

They were talking in riddles,could not make any sense of it.

I was four hundred miles out in my thinking.

Have your say as always.

For or against

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

Well, just into the New Year and things are heating up a touch in the Fracking world.

A Stealth Attack has taken place by Cuadrilla today in Lancashire as it begins to prepare the Site for Fracking.

Lorries and other equipment turned up outside with seemingly no warning for local residents.

And despite still as some say facing legal challenges.

Signs of desperation and urgency to crack on regardless.

As we see from the previous page, the amount of debt they are carrying is huge.Or seems that way.

And Also Third Energy the Company receiving letters from Companies house to file their late returns within the next

few weeks or else they will cease to exist.

If they were companies about to start work on your house you would not let them anywhere near after checking them out.

They surely have now thrown everything into this plan, and now it is surely go ahead at all cost or go bust.Well it seems that way.

Soon they will have to be asking their investors for more money,the bowl is emptying fast.

As you look around at the alternatives that are coming through fast they must be very worried.Which promise so many more jobs than Fracking could.

They and the investors.

There clearly are better alternatives out there.And are becoming increasingly popular.

Are the Frackers panicking a touch,well if i was a Fracker i would be.

My thoughts would be get in there before it is to late,the writing is on the wall.

We may lose millions if we do not.The future is turning against Fracking worldwide.

In my opinion i had better mention that of course.

Well i thought this year would prove interesting.

And the first shots have been fired.

The Stealth attack took place and everyone was surprised.

And now some people are going to have their say with the first peaceful protest tomorrow Friday the 6th Of January

2017.In a year i feel of many peaceful protests

The protectors,the people who care deeply about their communities and whose democratic local decisions have been overuled by the powerful ones. Where profits come before people are going to turn out in the freezing cold January day and say we do not want you here or anywhere in Great Britain.

Of course some are for it,but clearly the majority of people in Great Britain are not.

Details below.

Roadside Protest, Preston New Road, Friday 6 January2017 13.00 – 15.00

http://stopfyldefracking.org.uk/category/latest-news/

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl, looking forward to meeting people like Silver Fox and Sloop de loop and many more protectors this year.

In a year that will be decisive.

Well old Tawnyowl will be making my way down to the Protest to take a few pictures and write a small story of the day.

The weather today is hideous with plenty of rain falling but that does not matter.

Just spotted that Tina Louise Rothery will be there, warrior supreme.

First met way back in 2013 in Blackpool along with Vanessa Vine,Silver Fox,many others from Barton Moss and so many others,to many to mention.

So a couple of years back I used to walk to this place where Fracking may begin from a Company who if they were applying for a job their application may sound something like this.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE.

Drilling near Blackpool 2011 causing two Earth Tremors, Earthquakes which incidentally nearly shook me out of my bed, just thought I would mention that.

Causing damage to the casing and taking a hell of a time to admit it.

GOVERNMENT

Perfect you are just the ones for the job.The people said they do not want Fracking near them.The council said no, just about every living thing in the area said no.

But do not worry we can overule them, what do a few democratic decisions like that matter.We are all powerful.

We will sweep their decisions aside.

Ah well enough of that,here is some news and a guide to today.

I feel I had better put it on as remembering my walks in the area, it can be pretty dodgy if walking to the site at any time.Sounds like World of Water is the place to start from.As i remember a suitable place for breaks as well, and a tea room, cafe etc.

Now i am sure you will agree i am not an activist having only been to a couple of Fracking events to learn a little, that is all.I like meeting people at these events and taking a few pictures,writng a paragraph or two so i remember that is all.

So let us start with Tina Louise Rotherys view of things.Written yesterday.

About Today...

Thoughts about today:

No scenarios proposed here in this post, nothing more than an update on what Cuadrilla started today at Preston New Road - there are many meetings and conversations to be had and it is really for each individual/group to decide responses... we do have some plans and ideas formulating for any who can support but this will unfold.

So today the starting gun has been fired - despite the outcome of two legal challenges still not decided

Continues on the link.

http://tinalouiseuk.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/about-today.html?spref=tw

Here are details of today's Protest from Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1272996946122426/?active_tab=discussion

I think this is a fair view of things.

Greenpeace/Friends of the Earth and other environmental groups help already but as with all mentioned... we need the urgency of now to increase all activity on all fronts.

-Maybe too, all of the above need to very visibly support each other because this is a shared threat, with a shared foe and a clear and easily agreeable objective - THEY DON'T FRACK THE UK.

Busy times ahead but we're up to this and we know now that WE are our only line of defence... the government has sold out, the Councils are neutered, much of the press is anything but impartial, the academic institutions have their research shaped and paid for and the law has been shown clearly to be available for manipulation by industry to make them seem LEGAL and us - anarchic!!!

Bye for now,time is moving on fast,my camera need charging,my quill and ink i need to find,and i have to get down there.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

Well I am still here, just reporting on the peaceful protest yesterday in detail.

29mrtoj.jpg

Protest Against Fracking January 7th 2017. Little Plumpton, near Blackpool.

I decided to show my support for the Protectors

fwul8x.jpg

Set off to the Fracking site to take a few photos and check things out.

Arranged a lift to The World Of Water a place with a large car park and a Cafe, a starting off point to the site which is about half a mile away or so along the busy A583.

I knew where the proposed site was having walked to it a few times before early in the morning a year or so ago.

In summer about 5am.

Just a field with a gate as I remember, the type we all see that let the farmer in and perhaps cattle etc out.

Metal about 8 feet wide.

As you walked near, huge Anti-Fracking signs professionally made and makes their thoughts known clearly.

They were still there.

Arrived at about 12-15 as the protest was to start at 1 so a little early went for a cuppa to warm up, it was raining at a steady pace.

A friend had asked me a few days ago why don't the Fracking companies start midwinter to avoid many protesters daring to face the cold.

The thought registered but did not expect the next day to hear that Cuadrilla had decided to start the preparation works in what must be a carefully thought out plan.

A Clear Stealth attack took place and took many by surprise.

Only protester there the first day seemed to be a chap riding up and down on his three wheeler with his message painted boldly on the rear of the bike.

15egv8k.jpg

And someone dressed as a 6 foot rabbit hopping mad and with another message to the Frackers pinned on the front.

I saw him at the end of the Protest cycling along making his way home as all of us did, soaking wet, tired but had had our say.

For the first day anyway.

What will it take to stop this now, Communities or a legal genius, that seems to be the answer.

So as happened once at a Payday Loan protest once the lift moved away a feeling of isolation descended on me, no one around only a few Blackbirds singing away and a huge plastic gorilla about ten feet high and 4 feet across sat in the car park grinning away.

Experience has now taught me to expect anything so did what I usually do at these times look for a place where observation can take place and stay calm.

Things can change rapidly.

Which so happened to be a Cafe in the huge World of Water shop.

Ordering a cup of tea, it arrived stylishly in a teapot complete with a jug of milk.

A cup and saucer on a tray supplied by a smart looking waitress.

Nice.

The place was pretty busy but scanned around and mmm,thought no one here looks like they are going to a protest.

I went into thinking mode oblivious to anything happening.Planning my walk down to the site and wondering who might be there and how many.

While thinking away a couple of ladies had sat down at the next table, I had not spotted them till looking up noticed they were wearing Bright coloured anti-fracking clothes.

Nodding at them they asked if I was going to the protest.

Yes, I replied.Well come and sit with us no need to sit by yourself.

We soon got chatting about this and that.

They were veterans of Fracking protests and travelled to many places across the UK to support protectors wherever they may be.

and hoped they would do the same when the need arose.

They kindly offered me a badge to wear and after a while we set off to the protest.

On the way, a brightly coloured umbrella was unfurled.The ladies did not seem to have much with them, i was mistaken.

It was like a magician with a magic hat, a pole appeared from nowhere, extendable with a huge anti-fracking flag, at least 6 feet high or so when fully extended

same in width.

The Umbrella was passed to me to do what I wanted with, claimed back much later.

Well old Tawnyowl with this huge brightly coloured yellow umbrella, had not imagined that earlier

Now the flag was flying many cars started honking, showing their approval for this flag.

We were now only maybe quarter of a mile away from the site. We had crossed the road onto a small tarmac path, safer than walking on the grass verge on the other side.

Started hearing a few whistles blowing and a huge lorry unloading goods for the preparation of the site.

The security, the police cars, motorcycles mobile units etc, staggered here and there. Lights flashing.

And due to the lorry a contraflow in operation.Staggered starts on both sides of the road for cars.

Maybe thirty or so protestors there but early.

Well, my first thoughts.

Looking across the road where the farmers gate was last time i went there, it had been replaced by temporary steel fencing, altogether about 30 feet or so wide.

A digger behind churning the grass deep into the ground.Looks like good soil that has never been used for growing.

Maybe grazed on, who knows.

Security in front of this lined up, high-viz clothes, hats etc.

A few protestors next to them and walking around.

2ecqihw.jpg

I started moving around taking a few photos, crossing the road and taking pictures of the lorry, security, the digger, anything that moved or didn't really.

Across the road many more protectors were arriving, some stopping in cars asking where to park etc.

Do not forget this was only one day after this protest being organised, it was raining heavily but the protectors turned out.

Soon there were a couple of hundred protectors, unfurling flags, placards, some 15 feet or so long.

Spread across one side of the road, the enemy:-) on the other side.

Another strange thought entered my head, this is where it starts.

Fracking in Great Britain.

The only thing that could possibly stop this now is local communities turning out and saying it will not happen,not on our watch.

This is heavy stuff, these are the only people now who can stop this.

It is all to play for and slightly worrying.

Democratic decisions by local people, councils have been overruled.By the powerful ones.

The people elected to represent the people.

You can hardly write this stuff, it is a nightmare for many.

Better move on with this and cut it a little shorter, I could go on for hours.

I moved amongst the protectors and the security, listening, observing.

Taking pictures, videoing.

Talked to Silver Fox for a while, I wanted to meet him again.Had not seen him since 2013, believe he is now married.

A very interesting chap indeed.He should have a book out.So many exploits worldwide in his life.

I have many pictures and video of yesterday's historic event, You Tube video soon.

Takes a little time to put together.

Moving on now, back to yesterday.

It just so happened that I was in a perfect position when the protectors decided that this lorry was going nowhere anytime soon.Just as it was about to set off.

They moved across the road and blocked it in.Sitting in front of it, inches from the tyres, standing in front of it, a brave action in my view.

It takes some nerve to do such a thing.They mean business.Believe in their actions strongly, I have no doubt of that.

Would you sit or stand in front of a lorry maybe 40 feet long, with the engine going.

He seemed chilled out and happy enough, perhaps a little surprised.

A great powerful beast of a lorry that jolted forward at one time only inches but with that force, nearly.

I moved close to film this and was also filming a person with a fantastic poem to the CEO of Barclays Bank who seemingly are involved with financing Frackers.

Only got a minute of it, because unknown to me my phone had stopped filming.

So disappointed if I see them again will ask them to read it again.

But will be on the You Tube video,in fact can you believe it, the footage is out there now.Well the truck being held up is.The other will follow.

So many things I could write and say, but let me move on to Tina Rothery.If you do know who she is google her name.

The road had to be closed for a few minutes as the lorry protest started.

Very impressed how Tina organised things.I moved around listening to Tina as she made sure there was no danger to the public as the lorry protest took place.Chatting, laughing, talking about we want no disruption to the public, blocking roads etc, only to stop this Fracking menace before it starts.

The traffic was soon flowing again.

I am tiring now, this is now turning into a book.

Let me summarise and put my last few thoughts down for now.

Video to follow later next week or earlier.Plenty of footage to edit and link.

Clearly, these protests are going to continue.

Details I do not know, but probably daily.I have not checked the latest.

Cuadrilla, let us think of them.

Stealth attack took place, to get things moving, starting.

So they have had plenty of time to prepare for this.

Knowing that protests will take place.

These are preparations that's all.

Protectors want to stop it before it gets started.

As we get closer to possibilities of Fracking, Drilling taking place, phew lets get James Bond thoughts.

Move perhaps into the realms of nightmares.Science Fiction.

I personally if I was chief of Cuadrilla have already got my liquids,etc in a hidden location.

Close by, and would move them Stealth mode from many different directions.

Once the preparations are done.

Would I risk moving this by this major route, who knows,but if the protectors have their way, no chance and will prove massively expensive.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl,going to lie in a darkened room for a while.

Still drying out.

Fracking watchdog checks are to slack says poisons expert

ONE of America’s foremost toxicologists has warned that regulators are not doing enough to monitor the health and environmental effects of fracking.

And Dr David Brown said the Scottish Government should maintain its moratorium on the controversial process, at least until more was known about its potential dangers.

Brown is director of public health toxicology for Environment and Human Health Inc, a group of physicians, public health professionals and policy experts, and has held senior posts in the field across the United States. He is also involved with the Southwestern Pennsylvania Environmental Health Project, a non-profit organisation that supports people who believe their health may be affected by fracking.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15008303.Fracking_watchdog_checks_are_too_slack__warns_poisons_expert/

After reading this report and realising there are huge housing estates close by, one of the biggest housing estates in the North of England called Mereside,i would not give this Fracking firm Cuadrilla the time of day.It is just too damn risky.

“There is a problem with emissions from fracking, but what we’ve found is that once the wells are in place and the fracking and flaring have gone, the health effects are still there.

“So that indicates strongly that there are other materials that are being released from the shale rock deposits that are being distributed throughout the environment and into the air and water.

“No-one has thought it was important to determine what those compounds are and what they are doing to the environment. We evaluate what people are telling us and measure exposures and try to infer what the health effects are that could be coming out of the gas.

“The problem is we don’t know what the chemicals are.”

Make your own mind up.Then have your say.It is a free world.

Do you want this on your doorstep or anyone's doorstep.

FRACKING: The health implications

High Volume Hydraulic Fracturing (HVHF)

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/525eea99e4b012e48ec31653/t/586f8614d1758e5863fc8f10/1483703852298/Fracking_Health_implications_web.pdf

Well as you can imagine I am now clearly on the front line, listening, filming, meeting people.

I have been shown much friendship down at the Cuadrilla Fracking site here in Lancashire.

This Fracking threat to myself is now very important.

Much to say, write, maybe things that will surprise you.

The more I see, read and write and check out makes me concerned deeply.

More in depth report soon.Always rushing around nowadays.

I made a few videos showing you the most up to date things happening as Cuadrilla try to kick start Fracking in Great Britain,in Lancashire.

Why did it stop, well causing two Earthquakes did not help amongst other things.

I will leave you for now with a video I made recently.Root about on my you tube videos if you like,comment even.:-)

Popping a Leo Sayer soundtrack in there as well.

See you all soon Tawnyowl.Phew,heavy stuff.

Seems like Friends of the Earth weren't just misleading about the effects of fracking but the outcome of the ASA case too https://www.asa.org.uk/News-resources/Media-Centre/2016/Opinion-piece-A-fractious-debate-but-a-clear-outcome.aspx#.WH8IZn2K3po

What you appear to be demonstrating is that the fracking industry in the UK has better lawyers than anyone else and that the UK's laws regarding fracking are some of the weakest/poorest in the world ...

Nobody disputes that,

just as few outside the fracking industry and their lobbyists depute that fracking is harmful to the environment and health.

If you wish to dispute that fracking is harmful to the environment and health, please refer some genuine scientific studies, eg independent university studies that give evidence that harm will NOT be caused.

It is the fracking industry who wish to change the status quo (of no fracking) so I believe it reasonable for them to provide undisputed (by acknowledged bodies of expertise) evidence that harm will not be caused.

Not for everyone else to prove otherwise.

A simile

No one has set off a 25KT plutonium bomb in Westminster, so there is little more than circumstantial evidence based on out of date evidence and tests performed underground or in deserts or remote islands that it would not do the country more good than harm.

The Tory Legacy