• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Knew i had the film but had forgotten i had put it on You Tube.Must be getting forgetful.

In memory of PNR Tower.

And can you hear the singers and violinist in the background.

I will one day get used to filming in widescreen.I know it bugs some people.Habit.

Cuadrilla Fracking Site-Trespassers-Get Out Of My Garden-My Home.Section 6 Land.

A statement from the Crane Company who are withdrawing the crane from The Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

‎Bryn Thomas Cranes Limited‎ to Preston New Road Action Group

2 hrs ·

Bryn Thomas Cranes Ltd would like to clarify the circumstances of our presence on site at PNR.

The majority of hires that are undertaken by mobile cranes in the UK are what we call “CPA Crane Only Hires”, whereby a customer simply rings up for a crane, provides an address (in this case we were requested to attend the stadium at AFC Fylde) and confirms that they are qualified to plan a crane operation. We have no knowledge of what the crane is required for, and in this case we were actually on hire to another crane hire company so could not know who the end user would be.

Following emails, comments and posts received through social media yesterday highlighting what works we had been sub-contracted in to assist with, and therefore understanding more the impacts and effects that this has on the local communities, the Management made the decision to have the crane removed from site.

Our personnel were sent to site this morning to de-rig the crane back into a road travel position, and at present he is currently waiting to be allowed to drive out of the site.

Finally, as I am sure you are fully aware and hopefully we have played a small part in proving, the power of the Internet & Social Media is a great tool in promoting and supporting a cause. On a slightly selfish note, the Company respectfully requests that the poor comments, ratings and sharing of our business page be removed by the Authors so they would not have a detrimental impact on a Family run business.

Thank you for your time, and we wish you luck in your fight

Updated:

Council says Cuadrilla breached planning condition by bringing rig into Lancs shale site overnight

Cuadrilla breached conditions of its planning permission when it brought the drilling rig into its site near Blackpool early this morning, according to Lancashire County Council.

The planning permission, granted in October 2016 by the Communities’ Secretary, Sajid Javid, included a condition which limited lorry movements to the period 7.30am-6pm Monday to Friday, except public holidays.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/07/27/rig-to-drill-uks-first-horizontal-shale-gas-wells-arrives-at-lancs-fracking-site-cuadrilla/

Crane operator pulling out of work at Cuadrilla’s fracking site

https://drillordrop.com/2017/07/27/crane-operator-pulling-out-of-work-at-cuadrillas-fracking-site/

Just been listening to this guy.

He lives in Michigan.Detroit is one of the cities there.

About ten million live there.Close to Canada.

Well he is on a journey 500 miles or more a long way.Just chillin and talking as he goes,driving along.

He has been talking for a while about the Cuadrilla Fracking Site here in Lancashire.

This site is clearly becoming The Standing Rock Of Great Britian.

It is being watched closely around the world.

If it starts here England will be swamped by Frackers.

Most of Europe will not go near.These predators are only left with England.Do you want this.

Now the power of social media.

Things are changing.Fake news is everywhere.Live links and video show the truth.PR spin and lies can be shown for what they are.

If you have something to say put it on Twitter,Facebook share it.About anything.

Anyway here is the guy half way around the world talking about Fracking In Lancashire and other things.Dakota Pipeline etc.

Finished a few minutes ago.2nd video down at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.happychappy?lst=100014902298503%3A100007875630375%3A1501161731

Latest from PNR

Are Cuadrilla rocking,telling the truth.A drone has just flown over all will be revealed.

Are they getting desperate.Is time running out.Are their investors shaking at this moment.

Interesting times.Updates when i get them.

Latest Drone Footage.Cuadrilla Fracking Site.Think the weather was a touch rough so the Drone did not stay up to long,but enough perhaps for those who understand exactly what is there.

PNR 27 07 2017

More news.Lorry Surfers-Live.

3 days now on top of the trucks,how do they do that.

Further down the road the Cuadrilla Site is still blockaded by cars.

Just in case there are new viewers.Page 8 for when this story began in Lancashire.

When Cuadrilla invaded Lancashire.

America.

Just popping over the Atlantic.

Colorado.

After 339 spills, 82 alleged violations, and 2 deadly explosions this year.Coloradans fight back against Fracking.

Colorado residents opposed to oil and gas industry operations near people slammed state industry regulators Monday, demanding that they accept a court ruling that says health and safety must be protected before drilling can be done.

They’re furious that drilling continues inside communities. And they’re frustrated by rules that limit local government power over companies and a new law that makes it tougher to get initiatives on the statewide ballot.

Civil disobedience,they said, seems their only option.

http://buff.ly/2v2uBnK

Oklahoma

What are these morons doing to our planet? Astounding animation shows the growth of Fracking earthquakes in Oklahoma since 2004

https://twitter.com/USGS_Oklahoma/status/888138239109890049

Utah

It’s becoming all too clear why President Trump has attacked National Monuments.

This month, Trump and his Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke, announced plans to auction off more than 57,000 acres of public lands for fracking right next to the Bears Ears National Monument in Southern Utah.

http://wg.convio.net/site/MessageViewer?em_id=23786.0&dlv_id=41336#.WXpLhYTyu1t

And a little music as i leave America for today.

Stand Up / Stand N Rock #NoDAPL (Official Video)

Back to PNR,NO not yet lets pop across the world to Australia.

The easiest Fracking pad to stop is the 1st..after that youre fracked"

When the Government defies the 'WILL of the People', all you are left with is Civil Disobedience!

Whether Leith Hill (Surrey) gets DRILLED, whether Kirby Misperton (N. Yorks) gets FRACKED or whether Preston New Road (Lancs) gets DRILLED & FRACKED, is now dependent upon whether or not there are sufficient numbers of LOCAL residents prepared to do what is necessary to ensure that both the UK Government & Industry Investors get the message that

"NO" ... means "NO"!

Fractured Country,environment destroyed by fracking

Now back to PNR but each evening i will put a few articles on showing things elsewhere.

Now it is nearly 10pm i will just check what is happening.

Well people are very active tonight.Like bloodhounds keeping watch in many areas for the sneaky Frackers trying to smuggle things in.

Lorry protest outside Lancs fracking site passes 60 hours.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/07/27/lorry-protest-outside-lancs-fracking-site-nears-60-hours/

Latest.

Fracking Month of Action Unites Local and National Campaigners in Lancashire

https://www.desmog.uk/2017/07/27/fracking-month-action-unites-local-and-national-campaigners-lancashire

Fracking Judicial Review Challenge

https://www.gofundme.com/fracking-judicial-review-challenge

Meet The Protectors Who Are Spending Their Summer Fighting Fracking

Campaigners are blocking roads and climbing on vehicles to halt the controversial practice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/meet-the-protesters-who-are-spending-their-summer-fighting-fracking_uk_5979e915e4b02a4ebb73583c?ir=UK&utm_hp_ref=uk

Well that is it for myself for today.

What will tomorrow bring.Many more surprises for sure.

And a Carnival will be held tomorrow at The Gates To Hell.

The fracking was on the news this morning, was showing the protests etc, did not catch it all as was busy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi snowdragon

I have just heard the BBC are filming or transmitting live from Maple Farm about half a mile away from the Fracking Site.

Where the Lorry Surfers are.

First live link of the day from the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

I think the Crane from North Wales should be leaving any minute.

The boss does not want anything to do with Fracking and did not know the Crane was going there.

Strange how this company was duped.It was said that this Crane was being used by AFC Fylde.

When the boss was contacted and he found out he ordered the removal of the Crane straight away.He hates Frackers.

And does not want his Crane contaminated.

Hearing a few things so today should be another interesting day ,wait for it-On The Road To Hell.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.rye.52?lst=100014902298503%3A100000889318605%3A1501223002

More links as they happen.

I find it strange that a company that must know how Lancashire feels about Fracking have supplied a Crane to the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

This is the company,a national company that must not be short of work and already they are being asked why.

It will be interesting to see their reply.If you feel like it you can leave them a message as is your right to do.

https://www.facebook.com/Ainscough-Crane-Hire-James-Jack-Ainscough-Wind-Energy-Services-225142197677755/

And yet the small family business based in Wales when he found out his Crane had been moved form where he thought it was to a Fracking Company

immediately pulled it out.

https://brynthomascranes.com/

Good on him but shame on the national company.

Do they think they are to big to be affected.Many have been surprised by the Anti Fracking movement that is growing in Great Britain.

Have they made a mistake perhaps.How can you supply equipment to a company that will harm the environment and people living on this small Island.

No social licence,not many want it so the best thing to do is get off that land surely.

Sending my message now,something like this.

Why are you supplying a Crane to a Fracking Company in Lancashire.

Surely you know how people in the local community are feeling.

Lancashire said no to Fracking.

You are a national company surely you are not short of work.

A small family Crane business just pulled out after finding out what their Crane would be doing.

Yet you have supplied the Cuadrilla Fracking Site..

Perhaps this is a mistake on your part as you are so busy.

Perhaps you did not fully realise where this Crane was going.

Looking forward to your response to the questions being asked.

Live from Maple Farm,not far from the Fracking Site as unbelievably the Lorry Protest continues.

https://www.facebook.com/darren.dennett.927?hc_ref=ARTyzxrSACoqigT7nd1ZzdAJzZckoX1V7YtD3Ez38FGhaJPkiCNycOs4uJLedRARfaw

There must be some that wonder how i can spend so much time on the computer.

Well luckily i work from home.

So i can work near the computer.Not all the time sometimes i drift off to the beach but this is important.

I am making between posts a large Driftwood Sailfish,A driftwood Shark and a family of Driftwood Herons at the moment.

And watering, propagating and maintaining my large collection of house plants

More updates soon.

Well i am wondering if this Crane Company know what they are doing or did not expect the response they are getting.

Their website has just altered so you do not see messages.You could until 20 minutes ago.

You could see many others were concerned.

Bound to be a reply sometimes you would think.They did say they would answer the message i sent.Perhaps the same for others.

I will leave that now and move on.

Updates as the Carnival gets going.

Today a world record Conga attempt is happening on the Promenade at Blackpool.

I wonder if they will Conga their way down to the Fracking Site.That would be a treat.:-)

BBC1 had this live coverage from Preston North Road at 8.15 this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/john.doh.7967?lst=100014902298503%3A100001299711418%3A1501233146

Latest from Maple Farm as the Carnival Atmosphere builds.Soon heading off to the Fracking Site.

The protectors need this,a little relief from the pressure of the week spent On The Road To Hell.

And many others join in on a Friday.

The lorry surfers have now been on top of the trucks 70 odd hours now.

If what they are sat on are the tracks for the Drilling Rig you understand why.

Was this the biggest own goal of all time?

Published July 28, 2017 | By Refracktion

At about 4:30 on Thursday morning a Cuadrilla convoy of about 20 trucks apparently contravened the planning regulations set by LCC, with the full knowledge and apparent collusion of Lancashire Police.

Cuadrilla were in self-congratulatory mode, sending out a cocky press release, and when questioned about the timing of the delivery responded in their characteristic manner, blaming everyone else for the company’s failings, Cuadrilla said it had been done.

Much more detailed look at what happened yesterday.Including recordings

Cuadrilla clearly broke Planning by sending a convoy in at 4am.

Since then though.

This programme draws an audience of about 250,000. Viewers were treated to a discussion between Matthew Wright and 3 guests, all of whom were clearly appalled by what happened yesterday.

Take a look.

http://www.refracktion.com/index.php/was-this-the-biggest-own-goal-of-all-time/

Earlier i said i got in touch with the Crane Company who have just delivered to the Fracking Site.As have many others.

All messages or many messages have vanished and also a reply that i got.As i say all have vanished now.

But i copy everything i send just in case.

Best to share the message.Be fair.

My message.

Why are you supplying a Crane to a Fracking Company in Lancashire.

Surely you know how people in the local community are feeling.

Lancashire said no to Fracking.

You are a national company surely you are not short of work.

A small family Crane business just pulled out after finding out what their Crane would be doing.

Yet you have supplied the Cuadrilla Fracking Site..

Perhaps this is a mistake on your part as you are so busy.

Perhaps you did not fully realise where this Crane was going.

Looking forward to your response to the questions being asked.

Answer from someone.

in support of people who said no??!! I think you mean in clear intimidation and bullying. I have hundreds of screen shots showing the way you lot operate on social media. But let's go back to your usual shout me the people said no. Let's look at the facts. 1. There was no vote. You never got a chance to say yes or no. Elected representatives said no. So in theory no more then 20 people said no. You will now say but you protested. "The people protested". Ok so maximum amount at any of your demonstrations has been 500. (And this inflated by people not local). The Lancashire population estimate in 2016 was 1,485,042. Let's do a quick calculation to have a democracy vote and majority you would have needed over 750,000 to say no. It did not happen. If you was to add up members of all fracking groups on line it does not even come to 100k. (I won't even talk about people being a member of several groups). You are no where near a majority. You are no where close to even being a local group. When you have members from Leeds, Scotland, southern England. It's not local. The people did not say no. The people said I don't really care get on with it. If you want live in a fracking free area then move to somewhere else.

I think he need to lie down for a while.Sounds like he is going to blow a fuse.

Anyway back to now.

The Carnival is underway.Latest.

https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseuk?hc_ref=ARS03uwtiGujn1KlDQf1PKVOmQhBiwQv2F3L6gsAygwCacEgd1e0rG-F7AyfdpOPh74&pnref=story

I suppose you could say it is not just local it is now becoming national as people realise what may happen soon.

It starts with just one well.It is not just one field in Lancashire.

It will be amongst you all.Wake up.Research.

Through the countryside,thousands of truck movements,pollution,chemicals,explosives through your villages.Straight down into the earth hoover the gas out with the worlds biggest hoover and send the pollution straight down your throats.

I am off now for a while i get a little dramatic and my blood pressure has risen a little to much for safety.

Going to calm down for a while.

Voices from the Gasfields : It started with just ONE well

I was only joking before but can you believe it.

I believe a world record is about to be beaten.

The Guinness Book of Record for the longest Conga on record is arriving at the Fracking Site.

8 miles of Conga- ing,i hope that is the correct word.

https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseuk?hc_ref=ARRTKdsN2mFm7EWti3tL7hzQobudLn4UkFYxh0ll4v8hD3B0ZvX3Sxeqt1EFSsvD04Y&pnref=story.unseen-section

https://www.facebook.com/saffron.hughes.5/videos/vb.100000477273359/2065610953464794/?type=2&theater

Lorry Protest Near Cuadrilla Fracking Site Comes To Comes To A Fantastic Finale after 86 hours on top of trucks.The lorry surfers come down

1 Company pulls out and issues a statement and another has given a verbal once again saying they did not know they were delivering to a Fracking Site.

A lot of trickery going on by Cuadrilla.

Video,go to about 15 minutes in.

Check Out Reclaim The Power

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=reclaim%20the%20power&src=typd

Statement by the company-L& M Transport.

2iietyg.jpg

Latest.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.dennett.7?hc_ref=ARSmhmjcr0KMX6hucJdL97NQa2O8tns04AldDWgvEKdXxtgSRrUcZFg1ovotxRV2V_o

Last 2 surfers still up after 86 hours and are coming down

Finish on another happy moment today.

Bez from Happy Mondays joins the conga on a Happy Friday at Preston New Road

Final Lorry Surfer Comes Down This Morning At Maple Farm Near The Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

I wonder who these third parties are hiring these trucks.It keeps getting mentioned on different feeds

Is there a company with interests in the Frackers hiring these trucks and drivers that do not seem to know where they are going.They should be told where their equipment is going.Research time unless someone knows.

Interesting.

Just going back to my last post.I have been involved with a few things before.

So am use to companies hiding things being sneaky.

If there is a local, national company working behind the scenes making profit from the misery Fracking will inflict on communities.

To do with transport etc

I will find you and tell your story.

After all you are part of the History Of Fracking In Great Britain.

Hiding in the shadows.Making a few pounds and hoping to make more if Fracking spreads.

Secret meetings possibly,the shaking of hands and slavering at the dirty money floating around.

We will see as time goes by.It will all come out.

Of course i could be barking up the wrong tree:wink:

1,200+ people call for removal of rig from Cuadrilla’s fracking site

More than 1,200 people have signed a petition https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/enforce-planning-conditions-in-lancashire in the past 24 hours calling for the enforcement of planning conditions at Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road shale gas site in Lancashire.

The petition was launched in response to the company’s decision to deliver its drilling rig at about 4.15am yesterday, in breach of an agreement designed to prevent disturbance to people living nearby.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/07/28/1200-people-call-for-removal-of-rig-from-cuadrillas-fracking-site/

CUADRILLA RESOURCES PLANNING BREACHES & TECHNICAL FAILURES So Far.

http://frack-off.org.uk/cuadrilla-resources-planning-breaches-technical-failures/

Lancashire Police says any planning breaches during rig delivery

were committed by Cuadrilla,
to whom they applied - and that officers acted to guard public safety.

Cuadrilla know exactly what they are doing.Even taking the rip out of their own private army.

Will someone give me a padlock and a key i will nip down to the site and secure it.

I have got a hour or two to spare after my Sunday Snooze.

All i ask in return is rights to hold the Auction for the equipment down there.

I have had my eye on a few things down there since January.

Well i am in a strange mood at the moment.

On the last page you can see i contacted the Crane Company who whizzed into the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

This was the first message received.

Ainscough Crane Hire, James Jack & Ainscough Wind Energy Services

Hi Damon, thank you for your message. A member of our team will be back in touch with you soon.

But sadly i have yet to hear the reason they supplied the Fracking Site.Or even a message saying mind your own business you nosey old devil.

Who would deal with a Fracking Site.

So i will leave it for now.

Karma and all that.

Cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual.

Maybe a message,no a song for how many are feeling who left messages just asking why and did not receive a reply.

A national company altering its website so customers do not see how much bad feeling has been created.Wow.

Hiding in the shadows.Perhaps feeling shame.

The Devils On The Edge Of Town

Still Waiting
For a reply.

Live Cuadrilla Fracking Site-The Road To Hell.

Something happening,a ceremony,not sure.

A Earth Blessing.

What Looks Like A Deer made out of Straw. has been passed to the security and laid on the ground.

The security accepted it.

https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseuk?hc_ref=ARS15kc24_cEsWWyO_zwn-lesO-b_wq9LOXJWnhRucvHe8pzD3fK_3HSiLIKuQTiiVA&pnref=story

Preston New Road: how a fracking protest became a movement

Last Friday night in Lancashire, members of the UK’s anti-fracking movement huddled together amid straw-bales and vegetable stew to talk of protests past. Or rather, to sing about them: “Come, brethren of the water and let us assemble; to treat upon this matter, which makes us quake and tremble,” opened a tune from 1611 about the enclosure of the fens.

“It’s like the radical anarchist version of church,” one audience member joked.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/energy/2017/07/preston-new-road-how-fracking-protest-became-movement

Concerns are growing over excess surface water at Cuadrilla's Fracking site in Little Plumpton, Lancashire.

As you can see from these pictures there is a lot of standing water on the pad. It would seem that the weight of vehicles in and out of the site are causing depressions across the pad. Could this mean that there is a problem with the foundations?

As you can also see there are surface ponds in the area, these can be seen in every direction. Old maps of the area shows this could well be on top of an artesian aquifer, which is pressure fed from surrounding highlands. We know the company used lime to underlay the pad before putting down a membrane. Could it be that this relatively thin soil stabilisation method has not been sufficient for the amount of moisture in the surrounding soil, the inundation of rainwater, and the sheer weight that is now on the pad?

On one side it looks as though the water level is at the same level as the protective membrane (top left of pad from this angle (NE)) If this is the case there may be water entering the surrounding field.

In any case, this "superpad" looks super wet. The logistics of removing water is not easy, it requires tankers and somewhere to take it. At this stage they are likely not down to the toxic stuff, but this is not going to last forever, when they do reach the dangerous depths, even a mugful can kill life. Diluted or not, that water can not be allowed to enter any environment.

This early flooding does not bode well for the future of Cuadrilla's operations. Open the pictures below to see more commentary.

[Credit, and more pics; https://www.facebook.com/…/Frack-Free-Creators-Kni…/photos/…]

Cuadrilla & Police collusion

The Wright Stuff and guests chat away.

Including Reclaim The Power spokesperson.

Getting some exposure now on TV.

Good.

It seems many do not have trust in the Frackers.

Sunday flyover the Frack Pad

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Frack-Free-Creators-Knitting-Nannas-Lancashire-619645361415478/videos/?ref=page_internal

And for those that like to keep one eye on Cuadrillas Backers.

There you go.Check daily,weekly,monthly,yearly.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/AJL.AX?p=AJL.AX#eyJtdWx0aUNvbG9yTGluZSI6ZmFsc2UsImJvbGxpbmdlclVwcGVyQ29sb3IiOiIjZTIwMDgxIiwiYm9sbGluZ2VyTG93ZXJDb2xvciI6IiM5NTUyZmYiLCJtZmlMaW5lQ29sb3IiOiIjNDVlM2ZmIiwibWFjZERpdmVyZ2VuY2VDb2xvciI6IiNmZjdiMTIiLCJtYWNkTWFjZENvbG9yIjoiIzc4N2Q4MiIsIm1hY2RTaWduYWxDb2xvciI6IiMwMDAwMDAiLCJyc2lMaW5lQ29sb3IiOiIjZmZiNzAwIiwic3RvY2hLTGluZUNvbG9yIjoiI2ZmYjcwMCIsInN0b2NoRExpbmVDb2xvciI6IiM0NWUzZmYiLCJyYW5nZSI6IjEweSJ9

For those that like to check when the Cuadrilla invasion of Lancashire began,Page 8.

And of course as usual i wonder what this coming week will bring-

All Together Now-On The Road To Hell.

Many more surprises of that you can be sure.

Going to recharge now prepare for a new week.

Remember if you are interested go back the odd page and you will see people that have livestreamed.

If i am not around just check their feeds,you will soon see what the latest news is near The Gates To Hell that lead to the well.

Which when i look at that hole on the pad makes me feel quite ill.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

What’s happening this week? 31 July-6 August 2017

In this week’s listings:

Surrey County Council planning committee to discuss transport plans for Leith Hill site;

Deadlines for consultations in Surrey and Lancashire;

Latest results from government survey of public attitudes to fracking;

Walk and fundraiser for campaigns against INEOS shale gas plans;

Continuing gatherings at Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road shale gas site;

Plus talks and meetings

https://drillordrop.com/2017/07/30/whats-happening-this-week-31-july-6-august-2017/#more-48773

Credit Joe

So it looks almost certain now that the rig that Fanny Egan said was delivered at 4 am midweek breaking planning regulations was a total fabrication.

I must admit myself, even i was taken in by it after looking at some pics from drone footage that day.

Anyway now after looking back through photo's i will detract my statement on rig being on site.

Picture 1 shows the rig that's been on site since June and the second picture shows it highlighted as the rig.

As you can see both images of the mini rig are the same. Nothing else on that site looks remotely like a rig.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211511144267444...

(30th July 2017)

(16th July 2017)

Is the rig there or is the rig not there.

The one at PR Marriots is still there and the shipments of rigs that i have ever seen being delivered are massive objects.

Do you want to live in a Gas Field?

"It is important to recognise also that Cuadrilla have repeatedly asserted that they could potentially drill up to 40 horizontal wells from each wellpad, using up to a dozen vertical wellbores from which the multiple horizontal wells, at different levels and in different directions, would originate. Cuadrilla also state in their Preston New Road application they expect a horizontal well to possibly extend up to 2 km from the wellpad.

This effectively means for this ambition to be achieved almost the entire surface of rural Fylde would be fracked under.

How much energy security would such a plan bring?

Over twenty or thirty years, the estimated total gas output of an individual well is known as an Estimated Ultimately Recovery EUR figure. In the US there are varying estimates of average EUR, industry estimates tend to be higher and inflated, government estimates lower. The US Geological Survey give an estimate of all shale wells of around 1.1 billion cubic feet of gas. Cuadrilla’s report for the Institute of Directors used selected higher industry estimates from particular gasfields, stating average EUR of over 3bcf. If however we use the official US Energy Information Administration 2013 figures from all US fields these show a raw average of 1.8bcf for EUR.

4,000 wells would therefore over twenty or thirty years produce about 7.2 trillion cubic feet of gas.

Given that the current UK demand for gas is something over 3 tcf,

4,000 wells could therefore produce only about 2 years and four months of gas -

about 7.5% of the UK demand for gas over thirty years.

(4 wells at Preston New Road if progressed to production would supply over thirty years only about one day’s worth of the UK’s gas need.)

There is a serious question to be asked here.

Should the whole of the rural Fylde suffer fracking for such a meagre reward which would not even begin to answer

the UK’s perceived energy security issues?"

Quote from http://www.frackingdigest.co.uk/PEDL165.htm

Photo credit https://www.facebook.com/Frack-Free-Creators-Knitting-Nann…/

Quick post from Australia.

Fracking makes gas cheaper for local people many think.

The so-called gas crisis that is currently affecting the east coast of Australia has been caused by the diversion of domestic gas to the three CSG export plants at Gladstone, Queensland.

It is the gas industry who has caused this problem by shipping our gas overseas, leading to price spikes for manufacturers here and putting Australian businesses at risk.

Australians are paying more for our own gas than the Japanese are now paying for our gas.

http://www.lockthegate.org.au/dont_frack_oz

Well Frack me how are these Frackers ever going to make a profit unless they carve up the British Countryside.

In a way that has never been seen before.

It is not going down well at all.

Of course there are going to be all these holes under the ground that could be filled with something.

Kirby Misperton lets thing of them for a moment.

Fracking draws nearer.The Kirby Misperton Protectors have been helping and supporting Lancashire so much.

Lancashire and Yorkshire have come together like never before.

Throwing some right Googlys at the Frackers and their backers.

Now there is a army of protectors at Kirby Misperton in a camp up there.

They have made a camp there,one hell of a camp.

Probably just about now having their breakfast,couple of wild boar perhaps,or pheasant washed down with mugs of blood.

Unless Vegan of course.

They are like a bull does,snorting and kicking their hooves in Yorkshire Soil kicking up dust in all directions.

Eyes bulging and are fierce warriors,protectors.Ready for battle if needed.

Would you if you were a Fracking company look forward to the prospect of facing them.

Thought not and imagine when all the rest of the communities join them.

You do not mess about with Yorkshire Folk.As others have found out in the past.

So it is quite possible that we may have two battlefronts shortly.

Each camp crossing the forests,rivers and streams across long forgotten paths,borders,through the mists to fight the Frackers.

With support coming from other tribes all over the UK.

Good heavens can you imagine what is about to befall Great Britain.

This will not be forgotten,it will go down in history and never be lost in the mists of time.

Storytellers will be telling this story for centuries to come.

Phew,going to calm down for a hour or two.

Lancashire and Yorkshire,oh dear the Frackers will be Fracked.

Last thing,anyone clued up with mobiles on the consumer forums.

Who can point me in the direction of a good package for livestreaming on Facebook.

Or can send a link here so others who perhaps want to film things live to people can learn how to.

Plenty of coverage time.If i have to go down there and do a little streaming at times when not many are there.

Early in the morning a time like that just to let people know the latest from The Gates To Hell.

So long as i can press a button and off it goes i will be OK.

Old Tawnyowl feels like Standing Up a little more.

More news soon.