Removed from project due to disability

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been working on a project team for the past 8 months.

It has been acknowledged by those in charge that I have contributed a significant amount to the project, including doing work in my own time without request from the management. Those on the team who know the situation are extremely shocked and annoyed that I will not be making the move. Others believe it is completely unfair given my contribution and subject knowledge.

This project is now moving to another floor in the building. Due to disability I cannot evacuate from higher than the 3rd floor, they are moving to the 7th. I have been told I will not be part of the project from 31 May. I have been given just over 2 weeks notice of this.

When I asked if it would be possible to remain on the current floor and stay as part of the project team I was told NO. They are relocating me back into a business as usual (BAU) team on the 2nd floor.

I believe they have taken no consideration into reasonable adjustments to have me remain on the team. Does the fact they are relocating me onto a BAU team mean they have satisfied their obligations under the EA2010 to make reasonable adjustments?

I apologise but if possible I need an answer asap as the timescale for change is short. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

I guess others will come in soon, they are more experienced.

There is flexible working so how can you tell me you can't allow someone working in the same building in?

Remind them of their obligation under the EA2010.

Also do a little research on flexible working, working at home etc and adapt it to your situation.

All the best

agin, does the alternative work reflect your current conditions of employment as far as salary etc goes? Before you say yes or no to this question consider any bonus scheme or payment, promotion prospects and similar things because if there is a loss of opportunity then that can be considered discriminatory.