Warm Home Discount (WHD) 2017

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 weeks ago there was a discussion on the Winter Home Discount (WHD) if anyone is following this you may want to have a read up on this here

>>http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN05956/SN05956.pdf or see my attachment

Number SN 05956, 6 May 2016

Summary

This Commons Library Briefing Paper looks at the Warm Home Discount scheme (WHD). The scheme started on 1 April 2011 and was originally to end on 31 March 2015.

Since then it has been extended twice, first until 2015/16 and most recently until 2020/21.

The WHD scheme is part of the measures designed to help those in fuel poverty; further discussion can be found in the Commons Briefing Paper Fuel poverty.

Information on sources of help for constituents with domestic energy bills can be found in the Library Briefing Paper Help with energy bills.

The Commons Library Briefing paper on The Energy Company Obligation sets out details of funding to improve energy efficiency in the homes of ‘those most in need’ and in difficult to treat housing.

Extension to 2016/17 and to 2020/21

On 8 April 2016, the Government published its consultation document on an extension to the scheme for 2016/17 (Warm Home Discount Scheme: extension to 2016/17) and an impact assessment .

The Government proposes to keep the scheme unchanged for 2016/17 in respect of the Core and Broader Groups.

Further details for the period to 2020/21 are to follow in 2017 and are expected to be linked more closely to other fuel poverty initiatives.

To check to see if you qualify see here >> https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

List of suppliers of the scheme see here >> https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/eligibility

Winter warm discount 2016-2017 SN05956.pdf

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 2 months later...

I have just spoken to my supplier EDF this year the applications open in September so keep an eye out for your chance to get the £140 discount if you qualify

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I applied for this only to be refused as I am not on the list of applicable benefits, I am single and on income based JSA so in my mind I get less than most in regards to income so I fail to understand how anyone else on other benefits and thus more money coming in real terms are able to access this help yet I am refused.

I applied for this only to be refused as I am not on the list of applicable benefits, I am single and on income based JSA so in my mind I get less than most in regards to income so I fail to understand how anyone else on other benefits and thus more money coming in real terms are able to access this help yet I am refused.

Which energy supplier are you with ? Some have different eligibility criteria regarding the broader group, generally it is the same for the core group across suppliers

N power appear to accept JSA or did this year 2015/16

https://www.npower.com/spreading_warmth/home/warm-home-discount/

As do some others like BG https://www.britishgas.co.uk/content/britishgas/products-and-services/gas-and-electricity/the-warm-home-discount.html

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/customer-services/support/warm-home-discount/eligibility

But you have to be on more than JSA.

I was accepted last year. Will try again this year.

well sse the criteria has been IB JSA ESA

Or ESA and HB CT ben I have claimed it without issues since it was introduced , in part because the suppliers broader group criteria was reasonable

I am with Ebico who are part of SSE, JSA alone was not enough, I needed another qualifying benefit
Interesting ,last years SSE WHDS form , Section A Stipulates that you must be in receipt of one of the Main benefits (IR ESA/JSA, if you don't meet that criteria go to Section B where you must be in receipt of two of the benefits( IR & CB ESA) + Housing benefit/allowance CT Benefit or others in section C

I was On ESA Assessment rate, also getting HB and CTD

• 5 months later...

Hi. First Utility opened their WHD scheme at this web address:

firstutilitywarmhomediscount.com

I am a bit concerned with one of the two statements in the Declaration section (appended below).

The first one, it is obvious that you need to consent to that.

But the second one seems an unnecessary intrusion of the individual's privacy and I wonder if you can opt out without compromising your application.

They craftly included it within that section (inset) so as to suggest that if you don't consent to that too, then you will not be accepted.

Cooperative Energy's application form (wwwDOTcooperativeenergyDOTcoop/siteassets/pdfs/whd-broader-application-form-v1.8.pdf) has that statement below the declaration's signature,

so it seems it is entirely voluntary there and unrelated to the outcome of the application.

I know each company was it's own eligibility criteria,

but surely the Data Protection Act should protect against unnecessary disclosure.

If it is a trick by First Utility, then I think they should be reported.

Does anyone know?

This is what the Declaration section says:

I understand that you may need to check that I am eligible for the Warm Home Discount Scheme:

I agree to First Utility Ltd asking the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to confirm whether I am in receipt of a qualifying benefit. Yes/No.

I agree to (First Utility) sharing my details with the Department for Energy and Climate Change and their appointed contractors to undertake research on people's historical experiences of claiming the Warm Home Discount (which will include historical analysis of energy consumption data and whether individuals are successful in their applications). Yes/No.

I can write to First Utility Ltd at any time to withdraw my consent, but this will result in my withdrawal from the scheme.

just say no

its not part of any decision making criteria

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...