Are we being railroaded?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ARE WE BEING RAILROADED?

Worked hard most of my life. Always made payments on time, and lived within my means.

I fell sick (terminal illness, so they say), so have not been back to work. Spouse still works no state benefits. We both fell ill at the same time. Spouse now has a permanent disability but still manages to work.

Problem is are we being railroaded? Have two homes. One we inherited and another a house we brought together. The latter should have been paid off for in 2011, but it had an endowment attached to it. Since banks near collapse and state takeover. We have been told that endowment never existed. House contractual terms was a 21-year mortgage. Now into year 24 and the financial institutions I borrowed from say that I have to continue paying until 2020.

Never contracted for a 30-year term. Back in the day there was no such mortgage available. Went to quasi-agency watchdogs and legal profession. All state ‘they are not allowed to go against the state.’ So we now have a house that has become uninhabitable due to an arson attack with a mortgage attached that we cannot get rid of.

Thing is towns officials say I still have to pay 150% tax on property. Even though its uninhabitable. (No bathroom or kitchen), been ripped out for the past 10 years. But officials say because it still has a mortgage so I must pay. Did that paid and am still paying. They then sent me a letter informing me that rubbish has accumulated on property so have to clear it. (have not been to the property in 5 years since illness). But apparently it’s my fault there is rubbish. Have to pay for its removal. Am paying for it.

Another letter received from an unknown business person. Wants me to sell property to them. Said I would if they would cover the authority’s fees and the mortgage pay-off. The company did not return my call. But another letter stating that I was about to be put on penalty default for the rubbish.

Had suspicion that the person to asked me if I would sell was responsible for the rubbish there as I have been told by old neighbours and friends that they recently did some work on the property next door but they did not hire a skip. When I spoke to the authorities on this they just stated it was not their business and they just wanted money off me.

If I am paying 150% tax on the property and am not living in the area. As do not have any of the amenities and utilities that they provide (include waste management – Bin Collection). Then surely they should be clearing up the waste on my behalf (part of the 150% property Tax I am paying for or at least giving me a discount on tax for the property. Only I do not think it fair when half the street in that area is unemployed and qualify for a discount and we do not. Despite being disabled and non-residents of the property.

So question is, am I being railroad?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.