Move to Barclays who then close my account !

david-t-rex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had something simalar happen to me

- I was with thinkmoney and decided to move

- tied barclays

- they accepted me and I moved my pay & DDs to the new account.

Yesterday (29/04/206) I finally got a letter in the post

I had a text message on the Monday 25th) saying my card was suspended

- called them and they said I should have a letter explaining it all.

My pay went into the bank on that day and a few DDs have come out.

I am trying to get a basic account sorted.

(I do have a default on my credit file from about 5 years ago)

- I am thinking this might be the cause but if so why did they say yes in the first place.

I have been accepted by Nationwide and am waiting for the letter to come so I can give my ID etc.

I did apply for a TSB basic account and they have said no.

I am hoping barclays have not put any CIFAS flags on my account - I need to get something sorted so I can start looking if there is any fallout from this.

Oh good.

Check Noddle and Clearscore

Just had my clearsore report (was today) - it does not even show the bank account.

Does that mean that they approved me then when they reassessed me decided not to take me on?

I am going in with my old bank statements (from thinkmoney) and my pay slip plus other id to get the money. I dont have any idea if any of the bills have been paid - some DDs have come out. I have no longer got any access to online banking.

They cant keep my money can they?

Posts moved to your own new thread.

They can't keep your money but they may want good proof of ID before agreeing to release it.

I'd try the calm, polite approach first. I doubt they'll give a reason for the acceptance then closure, but this may help you get your money back with less hassle.

If that fails, then I'd make a formal complaint to Head Office.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Been in this morning, they checked my ID and just gave me the cash there were no problems they just asked for my ID - waiting for the letter from Nationwide so I can get that account open.

I am hoping that its just that because it was so easy and they did not seem worried that there are not fraud flags on my account

Glad you got the money back without trouble.

Have you reconciled the amount, so you know if any DD's were paid during the a/c's brief history.

Keep a regular check on your CRA reports in case anything appears showing why Barclays made their decision.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

None of the DDs or SO's due to come out on the 1st have been paid. I am still waiting for the reference number from nationwide to set up the basic account, will pay in the cash and start calling people to make the missed payments.

Yes, contact the payees immediately, rather than in response to their complaints that DD's or SO's have not been paid on time.

If this is transfers from Iraq, Libya or Syria I believe they are likely much more closely monitored, with any hint of irregularity or suspicion causing a hold while it is investigated.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

No money has been transferred from anything other than my work (uk based) and the a few transfers from my thinkmoney account. (all uk based and I have proof of all the transfers)

Sorry - posted that reply to wrong thread somehow

Must be having a senior moment - I'll go out and stop typing until my head clears

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally got back my CIFAS subject access request

and It looks like barclays closed my account as I entered the wrong flat number for an address.

(rather than asking me to check they just marked it as fraud)

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

1. Will this impact my current Nationwide Flexbasic account (thats why I posted this on this forum)

2. How long will this stay on my record

3. How do I remove it

threads merged

please keep to one thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to complain to Barclays about this as they left the marker. Also id tell NAtionwide in some form.... Let them know that its in dispute etc

Formal Letter make it polite... :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi DTR,

Before you complain, is there a reasonable explanation for the error about your address ?

A Formal Complaint to the CEO at Barclays London HQ would be best if you have a good case to argue.