Reclaiming Aqua Card penalty charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Small claims are issued in county court. What do you nean by "shut"?

Can you expand on your story please, there are many threads here regarding aqua cards

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

"You can apply to a county court to claim money you’re owed by a person or business.

This is known as making a court claim. It used to be known as taking someone to a ‘small claims court’."

Aqua Card will not sanction any spend over card limit. What happens is that at the end of each month Aqua piles on interest charges which takes any balance over credit limit, if the balance was there just below the limit. Aqua then piles on the Over Limit Charge. Hard to justify £12 compensation for going say £2 over limit, month after month. I am thinking of requesting Aqua Card balance sheet, Profit and Loss returns etc to justify £12 charge. If Aqua wants to take me on, if my reclaim is upheld by court it will be a precdent. If Aqua is forced to refund penalty charges en masse a la PPI mis-selling refunds, I shall raise a glass of wine to toast Aqua Card.

If you have all your statements then put all the relevant charges in to the CISheet available in the library and use the interest rate they charge you.

If you dont have the statements you will need to send a SAR to Aqua first, again, a tempkate can be found in the library.

Dont waste your time and energy trying to make precedants, it wint happen in a county court anyway, just concentrate on reclaiming the charges plus restitutionary interest.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Over 180,000 customers of credit card firm NewDay, will be refunded over £4 million after the firm admitted it unfairly charged customers.

NewDay provides a mixture of store cards and credit cards for the likes of Debenhams, House of Fraser, Topshop and Topman, as well as credit cards for the likes of Aqua and Marbles, which are typically used by those with a poor credit score.

About 3% of customers are due redress of £20 each on average after the company found that default fees and other charges triggered additional charges

If you're due a refund you don't need to take any action, as New Day will be writing to you directly over the next two to three months.

http://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2016-03-24/provider-behind-debenhams-and-topshop-store-cards-to-refund-180000-customers

I was debited with penalty charges between July 2015 and March 2016, by New Day, owners of Aqua Card. In April New Day wrote to say they do not agree penalty charges were unlawful.

County Court claim will cost me fee and time -- a nuisance. Haven't they learnt by now they will not get away with penalty charges designed purely for profiteering?

New day will not offer to refund all the charges plus restitutionary interest off their own backs, you will need to reclaim them via the courts.

Yes it will cost you in fees but these are recoverable, unless you qualify for fee remission ( see form EX160a for further info)

or you could just leave it alone if its too much of a nuisance for you.