style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks.

Complicated situation.

Myself and the other half have now spilt up with me staying in the house and them leaving.

Some of their mail is still delivered here and I have strong belief that one letter concerns a visit by County Court bailiffs.

If they are not living here how do I go about proving it

and prevent them from giving me grief should(when) they turn up.

Please don't ask what the debt is for because I have no idea.

Thought we had got them all sorted but it seems an Ostrich won't stop burying its head.

Thanks

Get a stat dec sorted. They are obligated to take it seriously, and if you provide false details in the stat dec, there are very serious penalties for you

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Either. There's a small charge and the charge may vary at each solicitor

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well the only thing it could be

that you need to worry about is council tax

if you are paying that.

then theres little to be worried about.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I take it this letter was addressed to your previous partner who is no longer at that address.

If so just write , no longer at this address, please return to sender on the envelope and put it back in the mail.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

The letter was addressed to them but I pass all mail on through the mother in law.

Don't know where the are living, only that it isn't in the same town.

Will be going to the courts/solicitors for the S/D as it might come in useful for other things in connection to the situation.

Thanks.

It is a bank holiday tomorrow but if you think it is a council tax enforcement, i would give the authority a ring and see if any liability orders have been issued and to whom.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Been to the County Court and they said they have never issued or heard of a Statutory Declaration for use in this sort of situation. Solicitors I spoke to said the same but would make one up for me at £95 plus VAT. Courts advice was don't pass on mail just return to sender and get the other half to inform claimants.

Been to the County Court and they said they have never issued or heard of a Statutory Declaration for use in this sort of situation. Solicitors I spoke to said the same but would make one up for me at £95 plus VAT. Courts advice was don't pass on mail just return to sender and get the other half to inform claimants.

No, an SD would not be applicable to a civil debt , council tax etc(other than a parking offence).

So the acknowledge there was a CCJ issued by the court ?

Yes as I said earlier just put ,not at this address, on the envelope and drop it back in the post.

That way the creditor will be aware that the debtor is no longer there.

Just to clarify, you can make a SD to tell the bailiff that goods in the property are not the debtors but yours.

But it seems hardly necessary as if the debtor does not live there they have no tight to attend in the first place.

You don't need an Stat Dec.

Send the Court a letter stating who you are and what has happened. A copy of a current C Tax bill would help.

Be honest and the bailiff will mark the case as a 'gone away' and they'll go looking for the debtor elsewhere.

County Court Bailiffs are usually pretty helpful.

You don't need an Stat Dec

Send the Court a letter stating who you are and what has happened. A copy of a current C Tax bill would help.

Be honest and the bailiff will mark the case as a 'gone away' and they'll go looking for the debtor elsewhere.

County Court Bailiffs are usually pretty helpful.[/Q]

No indeed not, I agree also about county court bailiffs, there must have been a CCJ at some point though, have you no idea what it was for and who it was against ?

As I stated in my original post, the debt belongs to my other half.

It is not council tax but apart from that I have no idea.

We both have individual and joint debts which, until this letter arrived, I thought were being dealt with and they tell me they have nothing outstanding.

I know that people should tell claimants what is going on but the fact of the matter is that they don't.

What we should do and what we do do are two different things.

All I want to do is prepare for the worst case scenario and have evidence for when they come.

Bailiffs must have heard every excuse going and I can't believe that when I say that they don't live here anymore they will go "OK, no problem".

Bailiffs can only lawfully attend the place where the debtor usually resides or carries on a trade or profession. If anyone calls just tell them that the debtor no longer lives there, for simplicity as HCEO says have some proof like a council tax bill, but they cannot force entry and as said they will listen if you tell them. You say you pass mail on through the mother, can you not tell her your worries and find out via her who the creditor is likely to be, or better dtiill get your ex to sot it out ?