Virgin Media Price Hiking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is not illegal to record call

end of

It certainly is not illegal to record the call as dx states, but sadly not 'end of' in VM's opinion.

If you tell the VM rep you are recording, most will say you cant, hang up, and that you record WILL go in your notes even if nothing else does.

My understanding is that there are some issues with using the recording in court if the other party was not aware, but you CAN use a transcript - which they would find difficult to refute without allowing the the actual call recording to be used.

What I always do is when you get the 'o and by the way we may record some calls' before putting you through to the often useless CS rep, I say 'thats fine, Im recording it'.

If they can just assume you are listening and have heard, seems reasonable I do too in responding.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

I just called them up and told them this is their last chance, I want the difference in what they should have charged me returned today or I'm walking.

So the advisor came back and said the only way to do this was to contact my bank and ask to make an indemnity claim against Virgin media for the difference.

So I called up my bank and they say I need written proof in order to make an indemnity claim, which puts me back to square one again, and will involve phoning up Virmin media again.

I think I'm going to just sign up with another provider. They can stick their service where the sun don't shine.

I'm am so done with them. The conversation started to turn a little bit nasty just then as I began to lose my patience with them. Goodbye Virmin.

The bottom line here I think is the advisors on the other end of the phone haven't got a clue!

What is apparently going to happen is my account is credited with the difference, which means it will come out my next bill, so my next bill will be less than a pound.

That's all fair and well IF that is what I had been told and IF I had something in writing to say that! But why should I take on their word about this, another time, when the last 3, 4, 5? times I've been told things on the phone and then something else happens?

So might as well wait and see if my next bill will be almost nothing and hang on until I get what I have paid for before arranging to move to Sky.

I'll be willing to bet my next bill e-bill wont be what they are saying it going to be though..

Dear Ofcom,

The bottom line here I think is the advisors on the other end of the phone haven't got a clue!

What is apparently going to happen is my account is credited with the difference, which means it will come out my next bill, so my next bill will be less than a pound.

That's all fair and well IF that is what I had been told and IF I had something in writing to say that! But why should I take on their word about this, another time, when the last 3, 4, 5? times I've been told things on the phone and then something else happens?

So might as well wait and see if my next bill will be almost nothing and hang on until I get what I have paid for before arranging to move to Sky.

I'll be willing to bet my next bill e-bill wont be what they are saying it going to be though..

Dear Ofcom,

Sadly my experience is that they are lying, dragging it all out as long as possible so they can say you are outside your cancellation period.

Put it all in writing to them, clearly headed as a complaint, or they will probably say none of this occured and there are no notes.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

having billing issues with VM myself, looked evrywhere and found this great offer, 76mbs for £21 for 18 month's, it jumps up a fair bit after 18 months but seems a good deal for now

http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/sse/

you may have to goto sse's website to find the exact deal I am talking about, can't seem to find a direct link, the offer is phone line @ £17.99 and BB for £5 for 18 month's, it then goes upto £30 a month after the first 18 month's

in 18 month's there maybe more competition for the higher speeds and hopefully VM will bring back there more sensible price's !

" in 18 month's there maybe more competition for the higher speeds and hopefully VM will bring back there more sensible price's ! "

I seriously doubt that:-D

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

having billing issues with VM myself, looked evrywhere and found this great offer, 76mbs for £21 for 18 month's, it jumps up a fair bit after 18 months but seems a good deal for now

http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/sse/

you may have to goto sse's website to find the exact deal I am talking about, can't seem to find a direct link, the offer is phone line @ £17.99 and BB for £5 for 18 month's, it then goes upto £30 a month after the first 18 month's

in 18 month's there maybe more competition for the higher speeds and hopefully VM will bring back there more sensible price's !

Great price, I've looked at it but SSE apparently have massive throttling/traffic management at peak times (eg evening) which you are probably used to being with VM, and big issues with long dragged out changovers.

The Tory Legacy

• 3 months later...

So as it turns out I have to move house in three weeks, which means I can't take my Virgin fibre opto with me. But that's OK as there is already a cable box installed in the house I'm moving to.

I contacted Virgin to cancel today and I'm not sure if they are correct but they said I am paying 1 month in advance, so that I get DD'ed the middle of the month and that is for the period 1 month to 2 months after that?

ie. if I pay on the 15th August that covers me from the 15th September to the 15th October. I always thought if I paid on the 15th then that covered me for roughly the next month, I didn't realise it was a month in advance and the period started 1 month AFTER I pad.

I'm not sure if she made a mistake with that because when I asked her to email me the transcript she said she couldn't because of the data protection act?

Never heard that before. I saved the transcript and screensaved the relevant parts as well anyway.

So basically it's cancelled now and this then means I'll be already overpaid by two months when they disconnect me at the end of next month.

Nonetheless, they want to still bill next month, and then I have to wait 35 days to recieve a cheque to refund me for about 1.5 months!?

Stuff that, I said in so many words.

So, they owe me half a month's line rental basically now I can cancelled.

I'm just going to cancel the DD and they can refund me the rest of the month. I don't imagine they will take me to court for money they owe me?

Ridiculous. Will they maybe refuse to refund me if I don't pay the bill as I'm supposed to?

It certainly is not illegal to record the call as dx states, but sadly not 'end of' in VM's opinion.

If you tell the VM rep you are recording, most will say you cant, hang up, and that you record WILL go in your notes even if nothing else does.

My understanding is that there are some issues with using the recording in court if the other party was not aware, but you CAN use a transcript - which they would find difficult to refute without allowing the the actual call recording to be used.

What I always do is when you get the 'o and by the way we may record some calls' before putting you through to the often useless CS rep, I say 'thats fine, Im recording it'.

If they can just assume you are listening and have heard, seems reasonable I do too in responding.

intresting.. what issues?

Erm... perhaps going off on a tangent here, but this was the original/latest post I was querying in case anyone misses it...

So as it turns out I have to move house in three weeks, which means I can't take my Virgin fibre opto with me. But that's OK as there is already a cable box installed in the house I'm moving to.

I contacted Virgin to cancel today and I'm not sure if they are correct but they said I am paying 1 month in advance, so that I get DD'ed the middle of the month and that is for the period 1 month to 2 months after that?

ie. if I pay on the 15th August that covers me from the 15th September to the 15th October. I always thought if I paid on the 15th then that covered me for roughly the next month, I didn't realise it was a month in advance and the period started 1 month AFTER I pad.

I'm not sure if she made a mistake with that because when I asked her to email me the transcript she said she couldn't because of the data protection act?

Never heard that before. I saved the transcript and screensaved the relevant parts as well anyway.

So basically it's cancelled now and this then means I'll be already overpaid by two months when they disconnect me at the end of next month.

Nonetheless, they want to still bill next month, and then I have to wait 35 days to recieve a cheque to refund me for about 1.5 months!?

Stuff that, I said in so many words.

So, they owe me half a month's line rental basically now I can cancelled.

I'm just going to cancel the DD and they can refund me the rest of the month. I don't imagine they will take me to court for money they owe me?

Ridiculous. Will they maybe refuse to refund me if I don't pay the bill as I'm supposed to?

Great price, I've looked at it but SSE apparently have massive throttling/traffic management at peak times (eg evening) which you are probably used to being with VM, and big issues with long dragged out changovers.

They did have, due to buying insufficient back haul capacity from Daisy. However, that issue was sorted out 2-3 months back. Have been with SSE for 6 weeks, no issues at all; no slow down at any time, no throttling, no traffic management, no data caps - and we hammer our connection!