Virgin Media Default for £120***Resolved***

red11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

i was wondering if i can get some help and views on an item that i need to deal with

- first the facts:

I sold my property completing in Nov 2015, and moved to the new place,

during that time i thought i had made all the necessary arrangements to cease/terminate the utilities,

sky and virgin media, (which i would of taken with me) if they had a service to offer in my new area.

long story short,

only now that i've settled properly in my new place,

i re-signup with experian to check my report and boom!

what i find is a lousy default from Virgin media for £120, added on my file at the start of April.

since i made all the necessary cancellations i really think that this was nothing more than an oversight on my part.

Ok i moved address, but i never received the letter saying that they where going to default me.

Questions: what can it be done to get this removed if anything

- i mean i'm happy to pay the open amount,

but i just don't want to pay this and having to carry the default for 6 years.

everything points to just a miss-understanding

- feedback and thoughts on how to approach this are very welcome.

PS - keep up the good work. Read

well i took the plunge and sent the CEO an email complaining about the default, i was wondering is there anything further that i cn do on this? i find it really unfair how they have gone about it

Hi All, i got a response already wow! not sure if this is one of those auto responses tehy send to everyone Dear Mr (I removed my name) We would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us today. We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy and we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible. Tom is currently not available to deal with your complaint personally; however we have passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries. We look forward to discussing this matter with you in the future. On behalf of Tom Mockridge. Kindest Regards CEO Team

Hi All, Assuming that they (Virgin Media) eventually get in touch with me regarding this default, and we agree that it was added as a mistake. Can they really withdraw they default? Are they able to say to the credit ref agency that this needs to be removed? And do our good friends at the Crdit ref agencies take any notice and act? I'm just curious. So far apart from the standard email that was sent to me, its been radio silence from VM. i'll give it a few more days and reach out again with a follow up note. Cheers Red

guys, i've been battleing with Virgin media, i just chased and chased this Tom Mockridge - they gave me an email address to write to to get the crdit file ammended but it keeps on bouncing, i keep on calling and sending messages but i just cant get to speak to anyone, does this [email protected] actually exist? can anyone provide any further info or help? red

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Let me have a look around around and see if there are any other inroads.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Still no joy from virgin Media, any adivise? i mean i do think that its terribly bad of them not to send out any letters or inform me of this. i'm not happy about this default especially since it was not through any fault of my own. What else can i possibly do?

If you have exhausted all avenues through VM....then your only remaining action is to issue a court claim to get their attention

I'd think about sending them a Subject Access Request, It'll let you know the score regarding any default letters sent.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

results folks, after appliing huge pressure agaisnt virgin media, they ahve removed the default, and so have the credit ref agencies, so my credit file is now once more healthy. thanks for all the help guys, as always. this site is an absolute gold mine og help and information. cheers Red

Well done red11...perhaps share with others how you eventually resolved it?

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy