Vanquis unfair charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I currently have an outstanding debt of £1889 on a vanquis credit card

I thought there was a default registered to this card but my credit file shows not

I have an arrangement to pay in place since July 2013 and have paid £40 on Time each month

I have recently requested a F&F SETTLEMENT and they will accept £1000 but only on a partial basis which is no good to man nor beast as the debt will then be re sold

They say it isn't possible but I have explained that if they write of the difference the account can be fully settled at £1000

I have had the card since 2005/6 and can't remember the last time I used it- the credit limit is 3k and ive no doubt the balance is made up of interest and charges

Can someone give me any tips on leverage. I have other debts which I need to settle this year as I need to re mortgage

Thanks in anticipation

just to be clear

settling debts will not improve you credit score

if a debt is defaulted

that's there for 6yrs paid or not.

now on to vanquish.

they are probably wanting to settle as you've guessed right

the debt is largely PENALTY FEES [£12} a pop

and p'haps their version of PPI [ROP}

they've taken every month

it would not harm you to CCA request them

and send as sar to them to get all the statements

that will put you in a far stronger position [esp if no CCA]

to drive a low bargain and get the account removed to or atleast any negative stuff on it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if theres no enforceable agreement that will make your position much stronger

as would the debt being inflated with penalty charges & PPI [rop]

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you request the CCA and SAR from Vanquis and there is something wrong with the debt be prepared for it to be sold on to a DCA. Make sure you claim all the fees that have been added then maybe you will have a better chance with a F&F. If you do go for a F&F make sure you have it in writing that the remaining debt will NOT be sold on, keep this letter very safe as you may need it some time in the future...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

What do you make of this? Received today.......

Thank you for your recent offer to part-settle the above account; I can confirm that we can accept the original amount of £1,000.00 as a partial settlement. Please be aware that if you accept this offer then the remaining balance will be written off and we will not sell this debt on or try to collect this debt at a later date.

Should this amount be payable, we request that this amount be paid within the next 14 days. Failure to do so will mean the offer will then expire and a higher amount will be required to part settle the account.

Please be advised that any part settlements will be reported to the credit referencing agencies as ‘partial settlement’, but the balance will be written off and the account closed. This can not be changed to a full settlement at a later date. If you have any further questions regarding this please contact us on 0330 099 3000 to speak to an advisor.

Yours sincerely,

Harriet

Collections Team, Vanquis Bank

PS=waste of money

it'll be there for 6yrs from your payment date and kill any further credit

and they

You want the full removal of the credit file entry otherwise it isn't worth paying.

What they've said is they'll accept payment, they'll close and wipe the account but they will still screw your credit history up for 6 years

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but i can`t find one for vanquis

i have an historic card 2005/6 with a payment plan currently in place@ £40 pm

outstanding balance £1800 credit limit was £3k but credit line now withdrawn

no default on the acc but not used for years so outstanding balance largely interest and charges although interest now frozen.

Guessing i need to CCA and SAR

Does anyone know the best address to write to as the only one i can find here is years old

Thanks in advance

Which address do you have?

This is the one I found on google,

Vanquis Visa Card

Customer Services

PO Box 399

Chatham

ME4 4WQ

https://www.vanquis.co.uk/contact-us

Have they been sending you an annual statement of account?

Does this show on your credit file at all?

How long have you been paying this for?

Reclaim ALL of their fees/charges and interest, after you've sent them the CCA request with the £1 fee, if/when they fail to supply, stop payments.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Customer Action Team

Freepost RSBJ-HULA-XLGG

PO Box 399

Chatham

ME4 4WQ

Or

[email protected] - Vanquis MD

[email protected] - Provident Group CEO

Write your complaint and also email. Could be good.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Which address do you have?

This is the one I found on google,

Vanquis Visa Card

Customer Services

PO Box 399

Chatham

ME4 4WQ

https://www.vanquis.co.uk/contact-us

Have they been sending you an annual statement of account?

Does this show on your credit file at all?

How long have you been paying this for?

Reclaim ALL of their fees/charges and interest, after you've sent them the CCA request with the £1 fee, if/when they fail to supply, stop payments.

Dont stop with payments for now. Youll default the account and this is a bad idea.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thats great....thanks for the advice

Regarding the CCA and SAR one says to add signature and one isnt necessary

If i send both requests at the same time isnt that giving the company the opportunity to copy my signature onto a potentially non exsistant CCA?

Is it acceptable to just print my name in pen?

NO, ALWAYS sign your name on the SAR ONLY!!

On the CCA, there is NO requirement to sign it, on that one print your name.

Send them in separate envelopes, as the SAR will need to go to the data controller.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 5 weeks later...

Have had responses now for both CCA and SAR

They are `apparantly` not required to provide a copy of the signed executed agreement-this is only necessary should THEY undertake legal proceedings and not at any time prior to.

They have therefore provided a blank reconstituted agreement which proves NOWT and a copy of standard terms and conditions

Balance outstanding £1699.96

which is also the amount currently payable by me at any time on demand according to them

approx £200 overlimit and late payment charges dating back to 2009..................

Need help from here with charges and interest etc and where to go next

no default but arrangement to pay showing on credit file

hey are `apparantly` not required to provide a copy of the signed executed agreement-this is only necessary should THEY undertake legal proceedings and not at any time prior to.

They must supply the CCA agreement or a compliant reconsituted one upon request. Failure to supply it in 12+2 working days means that the alleged debt is unenforceable and you dont have to make any further payments. They can and will mark your credit file though, but they cant perform any collection action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I think they have provided a `reconstituted agreement` which is totally devoid of any information pertaining to me other that my name and address

and sar was breakdown not full response which is fine as long as its accurate!!

without statements is impossible to say

it includes copy of notation,key to abbreviations and list of transactions and charges

memos at back too re phone calls

Hi guys......

Have received reconstituted `blank` agreement in response to CCA req.....they only have to provide signed copy if they commence legal action?

Have collated charges based on SRA req using PPI spreadsheet-thanks DX

£264 in ol and lp charges.......£94.11 in interest covering 2010-2013 charges and int stopped after that with AP in place

£358.11 in total- need template letter for charge refund if someone can kindly put me in the right direction.......struggling to find template letters.

Waiting for SAR for Halifax,B card and LLoyds now to do the same

Thanks in advance

What did you receive? When we're the agreements taken out? Before April 2007 they need a copy of the original

Agreement taken out 2009

Rec copy of standard t&c's and blank reconstituted agreement (short response form) only info is my name and address stating only necessary to provide the original signed copy for court

Copy of account notation list of transactions and charges and phone call memos

and they

SAR can't just be a breakdown, it MUST contain FULL facts, letters, agreements, in fact everything they hold on you regarding this account MUST be sent in response to a SAR.

Have they had the full 40 calender days in which to supply ALL of this info?

If so, then you 'could' send them a letter demanding whether this is ALL of the information they have regarding the SAR, if not, you give them a further 7 days in which to comply with your legal request, or you will file a complaint with the ICO to investigate.