Help pls suspended from work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all looking for some help.i work in a book makers been there for around 3 month still in training. Today after I finished I got a call telling me I had been put on suspension with full pay due to breach of rules. I was seen on cctv eating at the counter using my mobile.phone and then the low blow was possible fraudulent sign ups to a certain card we have. These aren't credit they offer punters best odds and the sign up deal is bet 5 get 20 free in bets etc .. I'm to meet up with a manager on Tuesday but cannot take anyone with me so they can get the facts before putting it forward. I was told you can't eat or use phones at the counter but never thought it was that much of a big deal as most staff have their phones and eat at the counter in my shop. As for the fraudulent claim my parents and my daughters boy friend gave me permission to sign them up so that they can use the services that are offered . They weren't present but are willing to write letters to state that they wanted me to do this . I've never been in this m situation before so any help would be great full many thanks fiora

Edited by Fiora12
Spelling

Suppose it depends on the sign up rules, should the applicants have been present to sign up?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Suppose it depends on the sign up rules, should the applicants have been present to sign up?

I'm not sure they don't have to sign anything and there is forms that can be filled in to be left which a colleague had got someone to fill out and they weren't present .it's just a pin number they need but some older generation can never remember them so staff know them I've never been told any different. Plus I've had someone higher than me ask if I know anyone that wants a sign up so I could do it there an then

Edited by Fiora12

get the form. read tiny small print on the form. what does it say about signing up?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

get the form. read tiny small print on the form. what does it say about signing up?

From memory there's nothing on form so been online and had a look and I can't see anything . I've never been told any different by any manager etc

problem here is you are being pulled up for breaching terms you knew about and your defence is everyone else does it so you didnt think it that important. That may well be true but isnt a defence, just mitigation so you will have to accept it was wrong, say that you now appreciate that it isnt the done thing and wont be doingit again. If this is an investigatory meeting then you dont have a right to someone else being present but if it is a disciplinary meeting then you do. You should ask them to clarify the purpose of the meeting and say that if it is to cover disciplinary matters then you would like a short adjournment so you can get someone else to be there as a witness/scribe.

problem here is you are being pulled up for breaching terms you knew about and your defence is everyone else does it so you didnt think it that important. That may well be true but isnt a defence, just mitigation so you will have to accept it was wrong, say that you now appreciate that it isnt the done thing and wont be doingit again. If this is an investigatory meeting then you dont have a right to someone else being present but if it is a disciplinary meeting then you do. You should ask them to clarify the purpose of the meeting and say that if it is to cover disciplinary matters then you would like a short adjournment so you can get someone else to be there as a witness/scribe.

It is just to get her info I will accept what has happened . I'm just panicking incase I lose my job I'm already living at my friends until I can get enough money together to get house an if I lose this job I will be himeless again . Stupidity on my behalf