do I have to have repair to work Laptop 6 weeks old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sorry if I make mistakes I am new to this.

I bought a laptop from Currys on 9th Feb 2016.

The mouse pad did not really work but I got by using a plug in one.

2 weeks ago I went back to the store and a lady tried to make it more responsive.

I took it home and it hadn't worked.

I use this laptop for work every day and my business cant operate with out it.

I simply cant have it sent away for repair and be without one for any length of time

and so asked for a replacement.

Curry's are refusing saying that they are entitled to one shot at repair.

I paid £700 for this laptop 11 weeks ago and don't want a repaired machine. ....

maybe if I had it for 8 months to a year.

Am I being unreasonable?

This is the 4th machine I have bought for work from them

and I am not inclined to buy any more from them (the others are fine and were for colleagues) !

You lot seem to know what your taking about...

Am I being unreasonable in not accepting a repair

is this my right or not?

In some respects it would be easier as I wouldn't have to set up the machine again

but then it has Industry sensitive information on it.

In other respects I just cant be with out the machine for any thing longer than a day or two

and think going through the trauma of setting up a new computer is the lesser of two evils!

Any help would be appreciated

After a month of purchase, retailer is entitled to attempt one repair. It it fails, then full refund or replacement..

Transfer all work stuff onto another hard drive and wipe the memory, before you take it in for attempted repair.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Acer I'm guessing

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Thank you for your post. Its a Toshiba. Thing is the inconvenience to me and my business is massive to be without the computer whilst they send it off. I am sure I read some where that if I could show inconvenience so soon after the purchase that an exchange should be offered. Am I wrong?

no worries sorry i assumed acer, their one of the ones having touchpad issues that i know of

not heard of any toshiba ones past the c50's

one thing i would suggest is try toshibas website, get the bios update and the driver update - amazing how many issues that fixes

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if a product is faulty within first 30 days, you can ask for full refund or replacement. Outside of 30 days the retailer can attempt a repair. If the product is less than 6 months old and the attempted repair fails you are entitled to a full refund or replacement.

I am not being funny here, but no business should be reliant on having one laptop to function. If you are a sole trader and this was your main tool of trade, you should have made some contigency arrangement.

I had a Toshiba laptop and from what i remember it had a problem with the mouse pad which was resolved by adjusting the settings. My advice is to try to download all of the latest settings for this laptop. On the Toshiba website, they should have a problem solving page and there may be some diagnostic to check the mouse pad,

Which Toshiba Satellite model is this ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

no worries sorry i assumed acer, their one of the ones having touchpad issues that i know of

not heard of any toshiba ones past the c50's

one thing i would suggest is try toshibas website, get the bios update and the driver update - amazing how many issues that fixes

Toshiba pads to stick frequently mine does

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Toshiba pads to stick frequently mine does

From what i remember it was a software problem and not the mousepad. The pad suddenly became unresponsive and you had to fiddle around with the settings. There was also a problem that if you pressed a button on keyboard, it froze the pad. It is a function that switches off the pad.

Once you know the quirks of the laptop, you can get it working again.

it was the mouse cursor sticking in one place while if you moved the tpd you could still select other parts of the screen while it stuck

it was solved by driver + bios update thats one of the reasons i suggested it

Please note: