style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can you remind me what my rights are regarding council tax payments

had an email from Ross and Roberts

they are trying to get hold of me

I want to contact our council office direct and make a payment

can I just tell them I'm doing this and they will have to accept it

the council know that I'm registered disabled 

I take it that's why I have had an email and not a visit

Thank you

You need to speak with the council to find out the precise amount of the Liability Order that has been passed to Ross & Roberts.

Before getting to the stage of a telephone call you should have been sent a Statutory Notice of Enforcement outlining the debt and inviting a payment proposal to be set up. A statutory compliance fee of £75 would have been added. Did you receive this notice and if so, did you contact Ross & Roberts.

If the account is with Ross & Roberts then any payments made to the council must be apportioned in line with legislation. It is best to read the following guidance before you call Ross & Roberts.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?453047-Bailiff-enforcement-Setting-up-a-payment-arrangement-and-whether-you-can-pay-the-court-or-the-council-direct

Hi

You need to make arrangments to pay. If you leave it there will be another £235 added to the account, the letter will have given you 7 clear days to do this.

The notice of enforcement would have explained your options. I would contact the bailiff as soon as possible.

If you contact the authority they will just refer you back to the bailiff.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

The Law changed recently and you now have to make an arrangement to pay with the Enforcement Agent [formerly called bailiffs]. The time to have paid the Council direct was before the case went to Court. Now that a Liability Order has been issued a fee of £75 is now payable to the bailiff on top of the debt to the Council. And should you fail to make an arrangement with the bailiff

within the next week or so will make you liable for another fee of £235. And now, even if you do pay the Council direct they have to pay the bailiff their fee of £75.

I am a little unclear how the bailiffs contacted you-by email or letter. i am guessing by letter, but whichever, you received it today. Could you please confirm the date of their correspondence and by when you have to contact them as that is now goiverned by the new Regulations and they cannot visit you until the full term has elapsed.

Please call the Council and confirm how much the outstanding amount is for and that the figure is before the Enforcement agent has added the £75. Also advise them the nature of your disability and any benefits you are claiming.

Yes just as LFI says above.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS