I was caught in boots for shoplifting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whatever your reasons, whatever you do. You don't pay rlp a single penny. Please read other threads. They have absolutely no power or authority to.do anything

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I was caught shoplifting in boots,

two security guards came up to me and asked me two come to the back,

from that point I knew I got caught,

I stole £55 worth of stuff (makeup)

long story short the police got called and note that I don't have previous convictions,

I have a clean record, I think because of how I got along with everyone they gave me a warning,

the police told me that I would be on their record but it wouldn't be on my criminal record,

say if I were to steal again then I Will have a criminal record,

as for boots they made me sign two papers

one being that I have stolen and I accept being banned from the store

and two being the rlp letter

Boots and the police told me that what I did was silly but I will get a fine,

the police didn't give me a fine

they said I'm lucky,

they said I should be hearing from rlp company

and then it will go from there,

I'm happy to pay the fine,

but because of the power of the Internet people don't pay the rlp

I have two questions?

1. Do I have a criminal record

2. Do I have two pay rlp

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Can you please outline the reasons you decided to shoplift. This does help us give the correct advice

Cancel that. Two threads merged.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Right, no you don't have a criminal record however the theft will be held on file and may be disclosed in an enhanced DBS check to potential employers.

Boots got their goods back so there is no loss whatsoever so when RLP write you can ignore them.

Are you under 18?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Right, no you don't have a criminal record however the theft will be held on file and may be disclosed in an enhanced DBS check to potential employers.

Boots got their goods back so there is no loss whatsoever so when RLP write you can ignore them.

Are you under 18?

Im 19, and i told them it were a madness thing, when you arent really thinking straight and i just wanted to give it a try as my friends do it

I'm glad you are over 18 as RLP have been known to write to the parents of under 18's

It is a very silly thing to do to follow your friends very poor judgement and I hope this episode has stopped you dead in your tracks as otherwise, information obtained from here will be wasted.

Lecture over! :-)

RLP will send quite a few letters getting even more desperate each time but you must read them properly and understand what they can and cannot do. All RLP can do is ask for payment. They cannot force you to although the letters will be worded in such a way to make you feel that you have to. It is not a fine, plain and simple. Just a request for compensation.

Once RLP have exhausted their letter process, they pass this 'undisputed debt' (HUH!) to their pet debt collector who can do even less than RLP. The only party that has any rights are Boots. They could take you to a county court which is a civil, NOT a criminal court (so no record) as it is them that suffered the alleged loss. Boots don't bother as it is too expensive for them to bother with.

So, read each letter fully, ignore RLP, ignore the debt collector and eventually it will all go quiet.

Im 19, and i told them it were a madness thing, when you arent really thinking straight and i just wanted to give it a try as my friends do it

Be happy you weren't prosecuted.

Don't pay RLP.

Change your group of "friends" if they are giving you pressure to risk a criminal record.

totally ignore RLP

don't pay them anything

it is NOT a fine

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...