How did RLP get my son's details? TKMAX Incident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm interested to know how RLP have acquired my son's details?

He has received a letter today stating he has to pay £149.50 and that they are acting on behalf of TK Maxx

He has mental health issues and part of that is VERY impulsive behaviour,

he told me he tried to steal some earphones (even though he had money to pay for them;)

he was taken in to a room, no police involvement but banned from the store for 12 months.

He wasn't told about any fines or further action.

I have read other threads about RLP on here and have decided to ignore the letter and those that will follow.

I'm just puzzled as to how they think it's "okay" to send people these letters and how on earth they have his details.

Thank you in advance.

Just ignore RLP. Completely. They cannot touch your son at all. Have a read of RLP and particularly the woman who runs the company. Plenty of threads on here about it. Youll soon be laughing and know theres absolutely nothing to worry about from this purile company and its owner.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for replying- yes, I see there is a LOT of threads regarding this company!

Even "threatens" to tell me as he is under 18.

I'm just glad I came across this site before I even considered paying them.

The letter itself raised my suspicions.

Clearly not as clever as they may think.

But did TK Maxx give them my son's details? If so, why?

because theyre a bottom rate shop and have signed a contract with RLP. They got tricked into believing RLP have any power at all to do anything, and because they signed a contract, theyre stuck with them.

The only way to get rid of this sham of a company and the woman behind it, is for EVERYONE to completely ignore all letters from them and have a good laugh at her.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:amen::amen:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome.

Regarding the passing on of details. Both TKMaxx and RLP will state that they are allowed to share personal data due to an exemption in the Data Protection Act that allows people to share data for the prevention and deterrent of crime. Also, if he signed anything in the security room there will usually be a bit about allowing them to use the data however, this would not apply to under 18's.

It is a good idea to ignore them as there is nothing they can do however if this was me, I would try and corner them over the DPA rules as they have passed on the details AFTER a crime, not as a deterrent nor as a preventative measure.

As he was under 18, who was the appropriate adult? You would have thought that there would be someone there to represent his interests.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and thank you.

This is what had me confused, I had assumed as TK Maxx had gone with a 12 month store ban and no police involvement that would of been the end of the matter.

My son said that he had signed a piece of paper regarding the store ban, apologised for his stupid "mistake" and was free to leave. He thought that was the end of it. Lesson learnt. until the letter came in the post today saying he needs to pay £149.50 ( for earphones to the value of £7 which were returned in full packaging)

So, yes it would appear that his details have been passed on after the crime and there was definitely no appropriate adult with him. Strange. :???:

I'd just ignore them, unless you feel like giving both companies a hard time. The police COULD get involved, but for the paltry amount of £7 and the items were returned fit for sale. It would just be a slap on the wrist, especially if he has a mental illness.

Completely ignore them, use the DPA/Appropriate Adult issue if RLP were silly enough to try court.

Their business model allows them to "fine" or more accurately, "Invoice" a civil organisation cannot fine anyone only a Magistrates or higher criminal court can do that.

Innocents, as say a pensioner or somebody who has the receipt at the bottom of a bag , but the checkout operator failed to remove the tags so the alarm goes off at the door, person cannot put their hands on receipt at that moment, security take them to the back room and empty the bags, etc. The receipt is found Security take details, and in the fullness of time the innocent gets a bill for £125 from RLP for the time taken investigating the non crime, and threaten to put them on the dishonesty database. Would love them to try court with that scenario..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!