Lowell default for capital one debt (satisfied)

fightingpic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm trying to sort out my credit file so i can apply for a mortgage.

In the past I was careless with money but for the past couple of years I have been responsible.

I have 4 defaults on my file,

one is for a capital one card.

The account was opened in 2009 and since 2010 the card was not used and I was paying off the minimum payment each month (by automatic payment)

My bank card had to be changed when i got married and I didn't update the payment method

and I had arrears letters which I stupidly ignored.

I did not hear anything for a good while and the debt got sold to Lowell in 2014

The default date is 14/6/2014 and the debt is fully satisfied.

I paid it off in full recently

Is there any way i can get this removed from my credit file?

This is my most recent default and I don't want to wait until 2020 to apply for a mortgage

(I will be nearly 40 at that time)

Recently for the past 12 months I have accounts with vanquis, aqua, jd william, very, littlewoods, ee, vodaphone, o2 that are all upto date with no late payments.

I am rebuilding my credit file but I will find it difficult to get a mortgage with these defaults on here.

Thanks

It's six years for it to come off. Constant borrowing and risky catalogue finance doesn't help either.

2 high risk credit cards and several catalogues and several mobile contracts won't help you either....

So you will unfortunately have to wait until these drop off...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I know the defaults drop off after 6 years

I was under the impression that having credit even subprime credit and repaying on time would help to show lenders that I am now repaying on time etc. Is this not the case?

Should I close some of the accounts?

Is it worth sending a CCA request to lowell to see if they actually sent a default notice?

I cant remember ever seeing one.

it would have been cap1 that defaulted the debt before sale.

very little hope of getting defaults removed now-a-days.

unless the balance is mostly penalty fees and/or PPI

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you paid lowlifes money to pay of the alleged debt, with all of the late payments fees and charges included, then you're way too late to be sending them anything now.

They've mugged you off and are rubbing their hands with the profit you've made them, they are not going to be the slightest bit interested now.

Any default remains on your file for six years, paid or not, and AFAIK, you will need to show a good four or five years of near perfect credit history to even get a look in at a mortgage.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!