12 Weeks maximum redundancy pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Please can I ask have the redundancy pay rules been changed lately? A friend told me today that there is now a maximum of 12 weeks redundancy pay?

Apologies if this is a sily question.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

the link above will list statutory minimums. An employer can offer more if they wish.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Op will need to check the terms in the contract of employment for further clarification

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thank you all. It seems that I posted a question for my friend and misunderstood his question. I'll try again - is it 12 weeks maximum of notice? I see here that it states '12 weeks’ notice if employed for 12 years or more', but doesn't state whether this is maximum?

No the rules haven't changed - statutory redundancy allows one week's pay for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 20 weeks. Age can vary this, so the entitlement is half a week's pay for completed years up to 22nd birthday, one and a half weeks for years completed after 41st birthday. A 'week's pay' is your normal weekly wage or £475, whichever is the lesser, and the maximum total statutory redundancy pay is £14,250.

Statutory notice is one year for each completed year of service after two years service and up to a maximum of 12 weeks.

Contractual entitlements can exceed statutory limits but cannot reduce them.

So, an employee with 25 years service would have an entitlement for redundancy pay capped at 20 years = 20 weeks pay (plus or minus any age adjustment) and 12 weeks notice, which must be paid in lieu of notice unless the employer requires the notice period to be worked.

In-work entitlements (company car etc) should also be protected until the effective date of termination

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!