• Tweets

• I'm further confused, in your defence you stated: 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. The Claimant is not in a position to state if the Defendant was the driver at the time And not only that, this started out as you putting the wrong registration number in, you PAID for the parking, you just made an error putting the wrong reg in? ... de minimis? That was the crux of the case, what did the judge say about that?
    • My emailed letters to P2G have been received and considered by David Jeremia Schnur who is P2G's 'Escalation and Complaints Adviser'. His response is attached. 19Apr24 David Schnur Linked In page.pdf 19Apr24 P2G email to me confirming my emails received.pdf
    • Not prosecuting in the public interest seems to be bandied about on forums frequented by students. I don't think I've ever seen a prosecution not go ahead because of that. You would have to define why it isn't in the public interest to prosecute someone who isn't paying their way and is costing other travellers more. I can't think of a reason. HB
    • we have known for a very very long time that 9/10 the OC never knows IRRWW are chasing debtors nor  in some cases even taking money from them that the OC never ever see!! IDRWW pockets it -  free money - lets all go on a staff holiday. there was an article some years back whereby that quoted some +£4M debtors had paid to IDRWW on UAE debts that when contacted the originating banks knew nothing about....😎  
    • let the ombudsman do their job. you'll win handsdown you dont obv owe OVO p'haps anything at all.  dont worry about Past Due credit or any other DCA ( THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS!) as for you being added to the debt, thats quite OK, you were a resident adult and equally liable under law. once you start getting things moving via the  ombudsman dont forget to get your credit files cleansed of any negative data & seek compensation for distress etc, again the  ombudsman should sort both out for you. as you are now NOT a customer of OVO, there is very very little they can do to you now.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PRA Group Civil Bill NI on RBS/MBNA Card 'debt'

Erika Jean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter from local solicitor acting for PRA Group threatening CCJ on a credit card debt.

CC was a RBS cc a/c opened 1994.

MBNA took over CC around 2008/9.

I never signed a new agreement with MBNA.

Due to illness payments were made via PPI.

When I was retired due to illness PPI stopped.

In the chaos of the time that cc was missed but all other debts were paid off.

Amount they say I owe is just over 4k altho I believe it was around £500 when I stopped paying it.

I do remember MBNA weren't very helpful at the time when I was telling other creditors of my change in circumstances.

Default date is listed on my credit file as August 2010.

I have 14 days from 24 March before they start court action.

What are my options here?

I have 14 days from 24 March before they start court action.

No you dont, they don't say WILL, it says MAY, and besides their time limits are arbitrary and have absolutely no legal basis, you can ignore their silly little missives.

The default will drop off your file August this year, never to return.

However, when did you last pay anything or acknowledge this (in writing) to the original creditor, or their powerless DCA's?

It may already be time barred, and these crooks are attempting to exploit your lack of knowledge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

The more experienced members will be along with great advice later,

however as I too had an RBS card from the 90's also converted to an MBNA card

I've done some research on the credit agreements for these accounts

I'm sure it's still applicable that pre 2007 a copy of original credit agreement is required

for the owner if the debt to 'legally enforce' in court.

(Can more experienced members confirm this). (That's IF they take you to court).

I think MBNA didn't retain (or even attain when they purchased the accounts)

copies of the credit agreements or terms & conditions at inception.

There's more info on the internet if you look for it re: MBNA credit agreements etc.

This might be useful to remember if a claim is made by the creditor.

Others can advise what this means to a claim, and can advise you how to attain a copy etc.

(In my experience no copy of agreement has been provided).

Hope this helps, if not now in the future.

Me_too

post up the letter minus personal details, lets see what they are actually saying

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

get a SAR sent to MBNA,

to see what you are able to reclaim and how and why the defaulted balance increased and when the last payments were made

although this is just a standard threatening letter, send a CCA request under s78 to PRA Group

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

get a SAR sent to MBNA,

to see what you are able to reclaim and how and why the defaulted balance increased and when the last payments were made

although this is just a standard threatening letter, send a CCA request under s78 to PRA Group

Thanks for the speedy reply. May I have clarification on 2 items please.

Do I notify the solicitors that I have sent off SAR and CCA.

Why or what should I be able to reclaim from MBNA?

you can notify the solicitors that you have sent PRA Group a request under s78cca1974

depending on the t&cs of the ppi, you may well have been misold, despite receiving payments

and also any associated charges

I think it may do, or at the very least the rules are different, site team will be able to advise.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

no diff

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no diff

dx

Ha ha, I was clearly thinking of something else then! Sorry.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 4/14

I've received this letter from PRA Group returning my postal order sating they're not obliged to provide me with this information.

. The data at the top gives the original creditor as VARDE EXPERTO.

What do I do next?

Do I send a request for CCA to them?

20160414_163824.jpg

No you wont get the DoA but they are attempting to comply with the CCA request, nothing to worry about, if they provide one within timescales, scan it up so we can see what to do next.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62517[/ATTACH]

UPDATE 4/14

I've received this letter from PRA Group returning my postal order sating they're not obliged to provide me with this information. . The data at the top gives the original creditor as VARDE EXPERTO. What do I do next? Do I send a request for CCA to them?

VARDE EXPERTO are PRA group

so they are trying to muddy the waters and confuse you

usual game

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

I have received SAR data from MBNA.

It contains every purchase etc from 1997 to August 2010

and a precis of every phone call I ever made to them.

I also received a copy of the Agreement with my signature on it.

The last couple of pages gave nothing but charges on them.

I have now received a Civil Bill.

What's my next step please.

civil bill.pdf

PPI paying it is not a payment by YOU.

so if that's the case its statute barred.

bye bye PRA

and they

not sure how you respond to a civil bill ill have to go look.

but whatever it is

you file the statute barred defence

should kill the bill dead

and they

seems like its much the same as England

as belt and bracres

get a CCA request running to PRA

and the NI eqiv to a CPR 31:14

to the sols

Use English...very similar to our system except its 3 days service. small claimslink3.gif are to a value of £3k above and up to £15K are Civil Claims.

Our CPR is not applicable they use The Rules of the Court of Judicature (NI) 1980

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ni...rn-ireland-ni/

here is the sb defence

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC] or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

..ends..

don't forget to acknowledge the claim first

and they

Thanks for the advice so far.

I'm trying to get my action plan in order.

1. I acknowledge the claim.

seems like its much the same as England

as belt and bracres

2. get a CCA request running to PRA have already sent a CCA to PRA and had it returned stating they're not obliged to supply me with the information./COLOR]

3. and the NI eqiv to a CPR 31:14

to the sols

here is the sb defence

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).what date? The date on the Civil Bill i.e. 7th July or the date of default 31/10/2018

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC] or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

..ends..

don't forget to acknowledge the claim first