• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Loans2go logbook loan advice... what next

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Been reading this forum the past few weeks and has been incredibly useful; here's the story in summary:

took out a logbook loan last June with a company in England (I reside in Scotland and they came up to get it signed etc and took the log book).

Since then have paid most of it but since have become in dispute as changes at work re-negotiated a slightly lower amount and then they called constantly for the difference; regardless of the new agreed amount etc.

Having read this forum, I wrote to Royal Court of Justice and they have advised they have 'It is showing no record for the information you have provided me with' when I provided the car registration, make and my full address & details etc.

Where do I stand now moving forward? As I understand that if they have no record of this then it hasn't been registered and the BOS is void technically although the company still have the logbook etc and are making threats now re: repossessing the vehicle etc....

Thanks,

Jason

Hi jason, someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help.

Can you confirm first if the agreement is subject to english or scottish law, could make a difference to the help offered

Martin

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Was there alsoso a credit agreement issued when the loan was taken out ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

WHO please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Must admit to being a little confused, this is not the correct form of a bill of sale loan as prescribed by the act and therfore cannot enforceable as such.

Also if it is a loan it must be accompanied by a consumer credit agreement.

Perhaps "theoldrouge" will have a look as well as it is one of his many specialities

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I thought so too... the whole situation is actually my elderly fathers who got himself into a bit of a mess so I am taking care of it all for him - those 4 pages are all he was given; they don't have any offices in Scotland and visited him at his home to do this... *as dodgy as that sounds to me*

The wording is very confusing, have you redacted some of their info as well a your own ?

The form of a a bill of sale agreement is very prescriptive and cannot be binding on the transfer of title if it is not.

I only redacted their name & address & company reg number where it is listed etc so it isn't identifiable... everything else is as is...

I also redacted the car model, type & registration.

As I said, I've already called the court of justice on the details given in another thread and since had correspondence from them advising they have nothing on record.

Thanks for your help, it is really appreciated.

Best.

It should also be signed by a independant witness and be registered. Double check if it is or isnt, and if it isnt, then theyre out of luck.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nah theres no other signature bar my fathers and one agent of the company in question, in addition checked and they have no record/ registration.

If this is the case do I just notify them this is void and then seek a replacement log book from the DVLA or? Whats the best next steps.

Thanks

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Here's the paperwork I have - redacted personal data and anything thta can be identifiable; any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

can you put all those scans into a word doc please

and file save as .pdf

then upload them

and they

Hi, Please find attached as PDF. As mentioned I contacted the court as per advice on this forum and they have advised no records... My partner is a bit worried they will try and take the vehicle and claim that the document they have is valid...

Is it worth me putting a BOS in for myself and partner even to the court so that I have some documentation and then my partner owns the vehicle or?

Thanks!

bos.pdf

It is really very difficult with the creditors details being redacted as well as your own however.

It does not seem to be bos agreement.

It seems tht you sold the car to the creditor then bought it back on a HP agreement which was for the sum of the price you sold the car for plus interest. ?

If this is correct , they can only repossess using the methods consistent with the consumer credit act. Not immediate recovery without a court order as per a BOS agreement.

where is the BOS ?

and have you received a default notice?

how much have you paid? more than 1/3rd

and they

The 'Sale Agreement' is all they did for this - those 4 pages are all the documentation used for my contact with them.... There was 2 folks from the company that traveled up here but only 1 signed the sale agreement with me.... Bit confused by it all to be honest.

They sent a default notice but then arranged a shorter amount for a month then decided to change their mind and asked for more

As for the amount I've paid more than a third, in fact I paid the amount of credit rcd so it's just interest I'm paying just now really.

so where did the BOS come from

your mistake there was one?

how can you ask/write to the court if there was no BOS to ask about?

you've paid more than 1/3rd

they cant take the car without a return of goods order from A COURT.

if they do

you get the car back free

and the loan written off

and

your money back.

dx

and they

The 'Sale Agreement' is all they did for this - those 4 pages are all the documentation used for my contact with them.... There was 2 folks from the company that traveled up here but only 1 signed the sale agreement with me.... Bit confused by it all to be honest.

They sent a default notice but then arranged a shorter amount for a month then decided to change their mind and asked for more

As for the amount I've paid more than a third, in fact I paid the amount of credit rcd so it's just interest I'm paying just now really.

I would just pay the balance due under the agreement. You need to pursue them for your documents of course. Do not be fooled into voluntarily surrendering your agreement and giving them the car, keep it on private premisses jut to avoid the temptation for them although they have no legal right to take it anyway.

As said by DX they need court order to gain a possession order for the car and the chances of them getting one in this situation are little to none in my opinion.

@dx100uk I thought the sale agreement constituted a Bill of Sale as that's essentially the way they advised that they now own the vehicle although it was my son who works in *shudder* collections at a public body who said it is iffy and raised my suspicion - I then read these forums and sent a letter asking the court if any bill of sale was registered and gave them my full address, vehicle information reg etc and they advised no bill of sale existed or on their records etc.

So really my question is regarding the 'sale agreement' if it actually is something enforcable or whether I can dispute it essentially, in terms of documents I can get the replacement docs from the DVLA and my son has advised I do so; he also suggested that I could technically sell the vehicle to my wife with a correct bill of sale and register it and that would offer some protection since the original sales agreement could potentially be flawed? Don't know if that makes any sense at all...

Cheers for all your help and taking the time to look at this.

Would you like me to answer this ?

yes as others have said, just a standard hp agreement, carrying all the rights of an hp agreement

Bills of Sale Act does not apply in Scotland, valid in England and Wales only

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

The sake notice is not a bill a of sale because it is not in the correct form an it is not regulated.

"2

How bills of sale work

Within the context of consumer lending, bills of sale are often used to secure a loan on an item of personal property. The item of property could already be in the ownership of the consumer or it could be an item the consumer intends to purchase with the loan.

For the bill of sale to be valid and enforceable, it must be registered by the lender with the High Court. Specifically, every bill of sale to which the 1878 Act applies must be registered under section 8 of that Act, within 7 clear days of its making, and, under section 11 of the same Act, the registration of a bill of sale must be renewed at least once every 5 years. Where a lender can provide a properly registered bill of sale, there is no legal action that consumers in default can take to prevent seizure of the property.

It follows from this that if the bill of sale is not properly registered, then it is void and unenforceable. However, the problem, according to various consumer groups, is that many consumers are not aware of the requirement to register and do not check whether or not their own bill of sale has been registered. According to the Department of Business Innovation and Skills (BIS), this could potentially result in “vulnerable consumers particularly suffering unduly from questionable collection practices”.4"

So this notice of sale has the function of recording the sale of the vehicle to them as they say.

However they then go on to sell/hire the car to you on a HP agreement, since as said the original sale receipt is not a bill of sale the HP agreement is just a standard consumer credit agreement subject to all the protections of the act.

More importantly you have the right to regain possession of the vehicle when all sums due under the agreement(not the bill of sale) are settled.

Yeah I get the HP agreement but my question is the 'sale agreement' page where they 'purchased' the vehicle - obviously it doesn't have any witness etc and says they have all the keys to the vehicle which is already incorrect as I have the only keys - is there any way that can be potentially flawed or disputed which would in turn mean any HP agreement based on a car they claim to 'own' in which case they wouldn't be able to call ownership of it...