Aviva greed and unnecessary red tape

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have asked Aviva to start a pension, taken out in 1987, next month.

They say that my signature has changed.

They insist that I get a signature form witnessed by someone who is likely to charge me for the privilege (accountant, solicitor, etc).

I am a qualified accountant.

They have corresponded with me since 1987.

I do not believe that this is actually required - they are just trying to avoid undertaking an electronic data check at their cost (£10 or so).

They also want to see a passport or 2 part driving licence - even though the DVLA has instructed us all to destroy the paper licence which no longer has any legal status.

I have bought and sold properties with less complication and red tape than dealing with Aviva

Guest Aviva Support

Hi pegerton,

Apologies for any frustrations caused with the additional information being needed to solve the query with your Pension.

The team would have explained things with you at the time, however if you'd like me to chase things with them or seek further clarity, please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

• Your full name
  • Date of birth
  • Postcode
  • Plan number
  • Contact number

Please also include your CAG username so I can link your email to your query here.

Many thanks,

Marv

Aviva Social Media Support

Update: Aviva have undertaken an advanced identity check and now accept my identity.

My thanks to this forum for allowing me to raise the profile of my issue.

My thanks to the Aviva complaints team for taking a more reasonable approach.

I still think that asking to see counterpart driving licences seriously undermines Aviva's credibility.

Pension companies are losing millions as pensioners withdraw the maximum they cna under the new regulations. To compensate pension companies give you all sorts of hassles when you now make a request and will place every obstacle in your way to prevent you taking a lump sum. We had the same hassle about 2 years ago and what should have taken 6 weeks dragged on for over three months!