Excellent Service from FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cancelled my Barclaycards returning them to BC who did not advise the credit reference agency which might have affected my credit rating. After writing some letters with no reply I started the formal complaints procedure with BC and still no reply so referred the file to FOS. I requested that BC advised the credit reference agency, explained, apologised and paid me compensation of £100. FOS ruled in my favour and I await the payment from BC who apparently had not received any of my letters.

So I am a happy bunny.

Good result!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I cancelled my Barclaycards returning them to BC who did not advise the credit reference agency which might have affected my credit rating. After writing some letters with no reply I started the formal complaints procedure with BC and still no reply so referred the file to FOS. I requested that BC advised the credit reference agency, explained, apologised and paid me compensation of £100. FOS ruled in my favour and I await the payment from BC who apparently had not received any of my letters.

So I am a happy bunny.

HI Rexroth

Welcome to CAG, Could i make a suggestion that you give us more information on the matter so we can help others?

If you explain exactly what happened and why you had the need to complain and how you did it, then itll open the door for others.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi fkofilee,

Thanks for welcome. I used to be here a long time ago. I'm very happy to give more details so I'll do that and I'm happy to answer any specific questions.

"I cancelled my Barclaycards returning them to BC" - I had several credit cards which I used for travel abroad to a country in Africa where I did not want to carry much cash and where ATMs were scarce and gave out little money. Now I am not travelling and had no need of the cards I was cancelling them for security reasons and just to make my life simpler. My contract with BC was that I could cancel the account by writing and returning the cards. I did so obtaining a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office, maybe I should have sent them as signed for but I didn't.

"who did not advise the credit reference agency" - I keep a watchful eye on my credit reports and noticed that the BC was still listed as open whereas it should have been listed as closed.

"which might have affected my credit rating." - the more open accounts that a person has the less willing banks will be to lend more money. Also I like the information held to be accurate. There was also the risk of fraud on an open account I was not using.

After writing some letters with no reply - I wrote several letters to BC actually three, normally I would write two before making a formal complaint

I started the formal complaints procedure with BC and still no reply - It is important to make sure that a formal complaint is made as otherwise things drag on for ever.

so referred the file to foslink3.gif. The rule is either a deadlock letter or eight weeks have passed. This eight week rule is very important as it avoids the nonsense of "We are still looking at your complaint." etc.

I requested that BC advised the credit reference agency, explained, apologised and paid me compensation of £100. -When complaining to FOS it is important to say what you want also I prefer communication to be in writing. FOS knew I wanted £100 and I was not prepared to discuss this. I do strongly advise against having discussions with FOS over the phone.

FOS ruled in my favour and I await the payment from BC who apparently had not received any of my letters.- I think that BC had made an administrative mistake in not closing my account and could not be bothered to sort the matter out.

Hope this is clearer and I'll be happy to answer any questions or clarify anything that is not clear.

Regards Rexroth