Basic Income Guarantee-Do You Like The Idea-Any Views-Have Your Say.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well there doesn't seem much hope of it being debated here. It seems that like the fracking thread and others you're simply interested in using what is a discussion forum to promote and advertise the causes you believe in rather than actually debate the merits of them.

I'm out.

And why not? At least TO is actually contributing some points to discuss/debate - you either join in or you don't. No one forces anyone to take part.

There have been many threads started by TO that are well supported.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thoughts on Universal Basic Income-Interesting read.

RICHARD GARFIELD·WEDNESDAY, 21 JUNE 2017

How does the economy work if robots do everything for us? This is a question I used to ask of economists back in the 90s and I never got an answer I liked. Generally this was because either they interpreted the premise as so unlikely that it wasn’t worth engaging with, or they took it as another bout of technology/economy alarmism that they have dealt with for generations.

Here’s What The Most Successful People in the World Think About UBI

As automation advances every day and the debate surrounding universal basic income (UBI) heats up, more thought leaders are speaking out on the subject. Here's what some of the most influential people in the U.S. think about UBI.

https://futurism.com/heres-what-the-most-successful-people-in-the-world-think-about-ubi/

Finland’s Universal Basic Income Program Is Already Reducing Stress for Recipients

Though still in its relative infancy, Finland's basic income program is already showing promise, encouraging participants to pursue more opportunities than they would if they were receiving traditional welfare assistance, while also decreasing stress.

https://futurism.com/finlands-universal-basic-income-program-is-already-reducing-stress-for-recipients/

• 1 month later...
The latest experiment in Finland proves that universal basic income works – so why not bring it to the UK?

Forcing people to do any job just to survive is a shocking waste of human capital. Humans are not robots

For many people in Britain today, the reality is that if you don’t work, you don’t eat.

UBI could bring about the explosion of entrepreneurialism that is needed to revitalise our economy.

I often hear people saying, “But how will we afford UBI?” To my mind, we can’t afford NOT to afford it.

The article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/finland-universal-basic-income-uk-needs-to-start-testing-it-a7871596.html

• 1 month later...

Scottish Universal Basic Income Experiments

Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland, announced that a number of basic income experiments in her country will be funded by the national government. The local councils concerned – these being Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife and North Ayreshire – had already committed to the experiments, but this is the first time that national funding for them has been made available.

http://basicincome.org/news/2017/09/scottish-universal-basic-income-experiments/

Universal basic income may be adopted in Scotland providing a weekly cash payment for life

Nicola Sturgeon says she will consider approving the scheme that would give recipients up to £150 every week whether they have a job or not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/universal-basic-income-scotland-week-cash-payment-life-nicola-sturgeon-first-minister-snp-a7934131.html

Tory Voters Back Radical Policies Like A Universal Basic Income - HuffPost UK Poll

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ubi-tory-voters_uk_59d0b0a9e4b09538b508bc68

Universal basic income: Half of Britons back plan to pay all UK citizens regardless of employment

There are ‘surprising levels’ of support for a once-radical welfare policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/universal-basic-income-benefits-unemployment-a7939551.html

• 3 weeks later...

Jonnycab, excellent. didn't see that before here. classic. J'cab, mentioned prior in the driverless cars :)

but, alas, there have always been ghosts in the machine...:)

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been around much the last week.

A strange position i found myself in.

My small online empire and Craft fairs began to make a few pounds,a little easier than i thought.

Many hours spent trying to make it work and it started working.

Have you ever though looked at a business and thought this is so stale.

Hundreds of other ideas to try but found myself concentrating on just the money side.

All or most of my time spent on one thing.

It is not just about the money so have started to change things.

Risky business perhaps.Money is one thing but i soon get bored,need to move on with new ideas.

Nothing worse than doing one thing like a robot for many hours a day,robots can do that.

Sometimes people write to me saying where has that item gone you have taken it off,boredom.

Perhaps i need counselling turning money away.

Or let what i think are stale ideas just run on instead of making them vanish and collect the money.

Now what did i come on the Basic Income thread for today

Today the BBC And other channels have been featuring Basic Income quite a lot.

Talking about a town in Scotland possibly giving its residents about 140.00 a week each.

But that is not the news i am putting on at the moment.

This Basic Income idea it is not a new idea but you feel this time as Automation,Robotics,AI really begin to bite and even the suits begin to lose jobs the time is nearing when changes will come. 10s of thousands losing jobs in Asia and will spread as Automation strikes.Automation v Wage costs,no contest.

Thinking about this i thought some would like to see This article.

The Three Waves Of Basic Income.

Support for unconditional basic income (UBI) has grown so rapidly over the past few years that some might think the idea appeared out of nowhere. In fact, activists have been floating the plan — and other forms of a basic income guarantee (BIG) — for over a century. It experienced a small wave of support between 1910 and 1940, followed by a down period in the 40s and 50s. A second and larger wave of support happened in the 60s and 70s, followed by another down period in most countries until the early 2000s. Today’s discussion began to take off around 2010 and has increased every year since. It is UBI’s third, and by far its largest, wave of support yet.

The full article.

http://basicincome.org/news/2017/10/basic-incomes-third-wave/