Using a mobile phone whilst driving (penalties)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Using a mobile phone whilst driving just 2 more weeks or so left on the consultation on this matter. Has anyone been following this topic see here >> https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/hand-held-mobile-phones-changes-to-penalties-for-use-whilst-driving please see the other links within the link as well...

'The Department for Transport seeks feedback on proposed changes to penalties for the offence of using a hand-held mobile phone whilst driving.

This consultation seeks feedback on proposals for increasing the fixed penalty notice (FPN) level from £100 to £150 for all drivers. It also invites views on increasing the penalty points from:

• 3 to 4 points for non-HGV drivers
  • 3 to 6 points for those that hold a large goods vehicle (HGV) licence and commit the offence whilst driving an HGV

The proposals ultimately aim to reduce the number of deaths and injuries on the roads.'

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

still far too many people doing it

where ever you drive

you've only got to watch about 15-20 cars go by to see someone with one at their ear.

sorry... but it should be a 12mts ban.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Using a mobile phone whilst driving just 2 more weeks or so left on the consultation on this matter. Has anyone been following this topic see here >> https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/hand-held-mobile-phones-changes-to-penalties-for-use-whilst-driving please see the other links within the link as well...

'The Department for Transport seeks feedback on proposed changes to penalties for the offence of using a hand-held mobile phone whilst driving.

This consultation seeks feedback on proposals for increasing the fixed penalty notice (FPN) level from £100 to £150 for all drivers. It also invites views on increasing the penalty points from:

• 3 to 4 points for non-HGV drivers
  • 3 to 6 points for those that hold a large goods vehicle (HGV) licence and commit the offence whilst driving an HGV

The proposals ultimately aim to reduce the number of deaths and injuries on the roads.'

A ban is the only deterrent. I am fed up with people driving into me whilst otherwise 'engaged'... :-xTB

Agree with dx - they are a menace at the best of times but whilst driving an absolute nono.

I think the penalty should be the losing of their licence for 12 months and also denied access to a mobile phone for a minimum of 10 years !!

How the hell did we manage before Mobile phones ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What other mobile device were you thinking of, MM ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is one of those subjects that should be featured in two forums both this one, Telecoms and also Speeding & Motoring offences. The link to the other thread is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460620-460620&p=4867374#post4867374

BCOBS

Agree with dx - they are a menace at the best of times but whilst driving an absolute nono.

I think the penalty should be the losing of their licence for 12 months and also denied access to a mobile phone for a minimum of 10 years !!

How the hell did we manage before Mobile phones ?

Completely agree!

A Bluetooth speakerphone costs peanuts.

use a headset myself

wish i could send police my dashcam videos because you catch hundreds doing it on the rear camera

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

wish i could send police my dashcam videos because you catch hundreds doing it on the rear camera

you can, there is a site for it.

agree with dx.

and also the sentence for killing whilst. eg not so long ago, one youngster only got around 18mths for going off the road (whilst texting and driving) onto the pavement and crushing a senior to death against a wall.

A ban is needed, muppet's !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

still far too many people doing it

where ever you drive

you've only got to watch about 15-20 cars go by to see someone with one at their ear.

sorry... but it should be a 12mts ban.

Totally agree dx

I see it everyday when driving in London and some are so blazey about it. Did see today two cyclists on the phone on London Bridge but then also see on a regular basis HGV truck drivers not only one ear to the phone but exceeding the speed limit :-x

And locally mums with kids in the car during the school run really gets to me.

12 months ban, at least 6 points on license and made to attend some sort of driving awareness course.

A ban is the only deterrent. I am fed up with people driving into me whilst otherwise 'engaged'... :-xTB

I drive in London everyday and cannot believe how ignorant some are on the mobiles whilst driving, no indicating etc total disrespect to others yet hardly ever see anyone pulled over by the police.

You only need to look at people walking around, fixated on their phones and bumping into stuff … they can't be separated from their gadgets for more than a few seconds…even when they are in a restaurant and having a meal… The very worst thing to me is mothers failing to interact with their children because they're too addicted to their phones... People are wandering about like zombies… then they get in their cars and carry on as per… Govt really must tackle this problem. TB

I drive in London everyday and cannot believe how ignorant some are on the mobiles whilst driving, no indicating etc total disrespect to others yet hardly ever see anyone pulled over by the police.

Baz, if the police pulled people over every time they spotted someone on their phone, they'd have no time for other stuff… perhaps phones should be designed to de activate when the motor is running or something… I don't know… but there must be a way, because people are addicted and they are not able to put the bloody things down… TB

Pedestrians on mobiles are also a curse, I mean using one while crossing the road, what is that all about ?

I was just thinking that, crossing roads in busy traffic whilst on phone absolutely unbelievable.

• 7 months later...

yep, on licence. (and i bet they appeal the sentence as well, for the sake of it)

plus he got the discount for the guilty plea (which prob took it from the max 14 down to 10).

the max sentence needs to change also. whilst more than one death is an aggravating factor, to have the overall limited.....!

Ford is right, every other driver is using a mobile phone whilst driving.

I don't understand how people don't grasp the fact that this is very dangerous.

Nowadays you can buy a car radio or kit to be fitted to existing car radio which makes use of phone truly hands and vision free.

You can answer a call by saying answer and even send a text using your voice.

I have one of these radios from Lidl for £40.

Not that I really use the function because I usually ignore the phone when driving.

Penalty should be 6 points and £500 and police should do a six month crackdown and book as many as possible to send out a strong message.

No total ban

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...