Wonga buyback, CRA's & DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an account with Wonga that was taken out in April 2011.

I received an email from Wonga in Feb 2015 just over a year ago stating that i no longer owe any money to Wonga or to PRA(UK) ltd and that my credit file would be updated to reflect this.

My issue is this.

I believe i have 2 defaults in relation to Wonga on my credit file. 1 for £1145.00 from Wonga the other £1192.00 from PRA UK Ltd. They have different default dates however I'm sure they must be the same account as i cannot recall any other debts to that value at that time.

I have contacted both companies but haven't received any feedback as yet.

Question 1- Could they be the same accounts with different default dates and values? albeit similar.

Question 2- Does the Wonga buyback remove the default or just update the balance the zero?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

It is highly possible that the two defaults are for the same debt but you haven't said whether PRA bought the Wonga debt or whether you had any other loans which could have been defaulted around the same time.

Regarding point 2. It would depend on what wonga said they will do. If they have said that they will update the file showing a zero balance then any default placed will remain for the rest of the 6 year period.

I assume you have the email from last year so you can then hold them to it.

With PRA, IF it is related to the Wonga debt, demand they remove it immediately as they are no longer the creditor

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

It is highly possible that the two defaults are for the same debt but you haven't said whether PRA bought the Wonga debt or whether you had any other loans which could have been defaulted around the same time.

Regarding point 2. It would depend on what wonga said they will do. If they have said that they will update the file showing a zero balance then any default placed will remain for the rest of the 6 year period.

I assume you have the email from last year so you can then hold them to it.

With PRA, IF it is related to the Wonga debt, demand they remove it immediately as they are no longer the creditor

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot recall anything else around that time that was defaulted.

I've emailed PRA a couple of times but they haven't replied. I'll give them a call and find out. Hopefully it's the wonga default duplicated. I've only got just over a yet to go until they drop off now I believe.

If you ring anyone, record the call in any way you can. If you have a home phone with a hands free option, use that and a mobile to record them. You do not have to tell them you are recording.

Have a read of our customer services guide as well

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE