Attend court for questioning - welcome finance

jj7452
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, and here we go with my welcome story.

I purchased a car and the loan was through welcome finance

- the original agreement was taken out in May 2006.

Payments were made as agreed

then I had some financial difficulties and they agreed to reduce the payments to £150 per month

- again these payments were met.

A short time later I missed payments again (2 I think) and received a default notice.

I telephoned welcome and he said payment needed to be made otherwise

they would take steps into repossessing the car.

I said on working my figures out we had paid over the required amount and did not have any right to repossess

- the answer to this was that I had signed a new agreement in August 2008

when reduced payments were made and therefore with this new agreement,

with added interest and extended terms! not enough money had been paid

- my reply what new signed agreement,

I did not sign a new agreement!? - please send me a copy.

Eight weeks later no cop sent

telephoned were I was told they could not find this agreement (surprise, surprise)

my question was what happens now

he replied that I needed to write to head office with my complaint.

I also asked so what happens now surely you cannot revert back to my old agreement

because as far as you are concerned this was revoked and a new one was signed to which you cannot find?

- answer I think you need to contact Head Office!

I have uploaded my agreement for anyone to look at, but my questions are this

1. What letter do I need to send

2. Where do I stand with regards to any payments to be made

3. Does my old agreement still stand

Thanks for any help in advance

welcomeagreement2001.jpg?1276279764

welcomeagreement1001.jpg?1276279831

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick reply.

if I want to just keep the car

do I just continue to pay the payments which they agreed at the reduced rate

even though there is no agreement in place,

just as far as I am concerned this was verbal,

but on their computer screen it shows a new agreement was signed but they cannot find it.

Do you think the original agreement which I have attached above appears ok?

if you want to purchese the car at the end of the agreement you pay this extra £100 - how cheeky is that!!

Regarding the Statement of Price - looked through paperwork but no cannot find this.

What plan of action do you think I should do now

can I put the account into dispute because of the missing 2nd agreement?

I believe that you can no longer put accounts in to dispute with welcome as they don't have to adhere to the banking code, not being a bank an all that. If you paid more than a third on your first agreement before the alleged rewrite they can't legally repo your car.

If they haven't got a second agreement then they are gonna struggle to enforce it if they decide to go to court!

I AM POSTING THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ON PEOPLE DOING AN Subject access requestlink3.gif ON THESE JOKERS,

IS ASKS FOR SPECIFIC DOCUMENTS AND LEAVES THEM NO ROOM TO MOVE.

SEND TO

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICE

COMPLIANCE

RUDDINGTON FIELD BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIEVERY

GOOD HUNTING

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal datalink3.gif which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 yearslink3.gif of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interestlink3.gif charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

Hi, wannabedebtfreesoon

I need to check my figures to see if more than a third was paid on first agreement

but I am 99% sure it is.

if they cannot find this second agreement they have every right to use the first agreement?

and if so will that mean I will have to revert back to paying what I originally agreed to pay a month?

which at the moment I cannot afford to do

Thanks posttggj I will send this

- but not being funny when I receive all this info back how is this going to help my situation??

ok, thats great

in the meantime should I still pay them my £150 monthly payment

or can I afford to miss this months payment whilst they issue me with this info.

The guy i spoke to on the phone at welcome today actually said he would be interested to see how head office deal with this due to the second agreement not being there

he told me it was in my best interest to take the matter further!!

• 5 years later...

I will cut a very long story short

Welcome finance are stating we owe them money for a car we purchased

- near to then end of the contract I took ill and asked for payments to be reduced for a short time

and unbeknown to myself they refinanced the car and added a high number of costs to it

- after time I received a statement and to my dismay realised how much they now said I owed

and put the account into dispute and kept asking for copy of new agreement as I had not signed anything

Eventually after many years they took me to court but I was unable to attend due to work commitments and working away

sent my defence in stating that welcome had no proof of this debt

as I had not signed a second agreement and to my dismay lost the case !!??

I now have received an order to attend court for questioning which I assume now to see my financial status to pay this debt

What I would like to know is which form do I need to fill in to disagree with this judgement

Thank you in advance

for history I've merged your old thread here too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you lost the case how?

did you cca them etc and put them to strict proof of a signed 2nd agreement?

this was very typical of welcome in this era

and the fca know about it very well too..

did you attend the hearing?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...