style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah aright.. I wouldnt think that the creditors would have any say in the choosing. I am sure others will look in on you when they have finished their day jobs.

Have you a thread regarding the BR .. I will go and have a look.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, legal success in this country is based on who has the deepest pockets.

In some cases it must seem like that :(

As I dont know how you approached this from the beginning I am unable to say if you could have done something differently then the outcome might have been in your favour :(

I would agree that it the final bill does seem excessive.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...

http://uk.practicallaw.com/6-580-4345

Does this link have the answer to your question ?

BCOBS

does this link answer your question? no it does not

Yes if it relates to your data under the Data Protection Act. Send a subject access request.

In the request specifically tell them what you want to see. Send to the courts Data Protection compliance officer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I hope that somebody can offer information on this topic please.

What is the law relating to Eviction Warrants

1) Does the warrant need to be issued at the same time as the notice of eviction?

2) Are all Eviction warrants exactly the same format?

3) Is a "wet ink" signature required on the warrant by a judge to make it legal?

4) Should a copy of the warrant be served with the eviction notice?

5) What other requirements are mandatory to make this document legal?

A notice of eviction is a warrant.

The person wanting the eviction needs to serve correct and valid notice to a tenant of rented property, before going to court. If it's possession of a mortgaged property, the mortgage company will complete a claim form for possession. Then, claimants for possession must go to court to obtain a possession order. The type of claim for possession is determined by the type of notice served. Some claims are defendable, others are not.

When the court order for possession expires, the landlord/mortgagee can ask a court for the warrant to be issued. A judge will sign the paperwork for this. The county court bailiff will usually hand deliver the warrant or notice of eviction, which will give a time and date for the eviction. That's the county court route for possession.

If you have a warrant, you need to act quickly. If it's a court order, you probably have a little more time. Go to Shelter. Get advice.

Edited by citizenB
removed formatting codes

Unless the LL asks for permission to move it up to the High Court. Here you don't get any notice except maybe a couple of hours to pack and leave.

Notice requiring possession/seeking possession must be served first. This is not the same as a warrant/notice of eviction We aren't sure what the OP has, as his original question is not clear. Often, people with possession orders quote that they have eviction notices. They aren't the same. If the landlord obtains a possession order, he can apply to the high court, which will get a bailiff to the property quickly, but it is more usual to use the county court service.

He needs swift advice

Edited by citizenB
removed formatting codes

It would be good if the op could give us a brief history that has led to this.

also what type of tenancy agreement, when it started, when did they get this notice , is this for commercial or a residential property etc.

these links may be helpful:

Private renting for tenants: evictions

https://www.gov.uk/private-renting-evictions/rules-your-landlord-must-follow

Evicting tenants (England and Wales)

https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/overview

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well it is worrying that it appears that FMOTL info has been taken 'wet signatures'

All we can do is to wait to see if the OP clarifies what s/he has...

Agreed. Anyone relying on the "wet signature argument"

to state a court document isn't valid needs to look at CPR 5.3

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part05#5.3

Signature of documents by mechanical means

5.3 Where any of these Rules or any practice direction requires a document to be signed, that requirement shall be satisfied if the signature is printed by computer or other mechanical means.

For the criminal courts:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/about/about-the-justice-system/transforming-justice/legal-guidance.pdf

‘Wet’ signature

There is no requirement in relevant statutes or Rules for a signature to be in ink on paper (a so-called ‘wet signature’) or that a document must be signed in any particular way.

A ‘wet signature’ is no more inherently reliable for confirming the authorship, integrity, or authenticity of a document than is a digital signature. In the event of a dispute about the authenticity or integrity of a document, an enquiry would need to be held into the provenance of the statement in question, whether it were in ‘wet’ or digital form.

Hi Folks, This is a mortgaged property, and relates to one of two people being made bankrupt, albeit totally unjustified reasons are a bit to complicated for here, but nevertheless need to be challenged as a gross miscarriage of justice, any other facts that I can provide I will.

Hi Folks, This is a mortgaged property, and relates to one of two people being made bankrupt, albeit totally unjustified reasons are a bit to complicated for here, but nevertheless need to be challenged as a gross miscarriage of justice, any other facts that I can provide I will.

Who has applied for possession, the lender or trustee in bankruptcy?.

What makes it a miscarriage of justice?

You say "other facts that I can provide I will" : seems like you will have to if you want reliable advice; why not give all the facts you have (bar information that identifies the people being evicted) rather than drip-feeding the information?

1) The Trustee in Bankruptcy applied for possession,.

2) The reason that I have stated, that a miscarriage of justice occurred: is that the judge on the day decided, to agree with their solicitor that the sum claimed (on the day) would be followed up, in the future with many other "Rogue Trader" iL` Legal costs and would have interrupted the "Game plan" to have a successful decision (get a result) on that day, to seriously restrict me from being able to take further counter claims against the claimant.

1) The Trustee in Bankruptcy applied for possession,.

2) The reason that I have stated, that a miscarriage of justice occurred: is that the judge on the day decided, to agree with their solicitor that the sum claimed (on the day) would be followed up, in the future with many other "Rogue Trader" iL` Legal costs and would have interrupted the "Game plan" to have a successful decision (get a result) on that day, to seriously restrict me from being able to take further counter claims against the claimant.

So, the bankrupt had an asset, and that asset was given over to the trustee in bankruptcy?.

Where is the wrongdoing in that?.

If you have a cast iron (or near cast iron) case against a defendant but can't afford to engage a solicitor, seek a solicitor on a contingent fee basis, with after the event insurance, or post enough details here to get advice to move forward as a litigant in person.

Alternatively, there is an option to commence proceedings and seek an order for an interim payment (again, reliant on a cast iron, or near cast iron case).

At the moment we have insufficient detail to distinguish between:

a) a person wronged by a doubtful decision, and needing access to justice, and

b) a person who has been fairly treated, who is crying "foul" because in litigation, one party wins, one looses, and some people can't accept that maybe they had a weak case, and that any decision against them must therefore be a miscarriage of justice / "Rogue Trader"/ iL Legal costs, rather than a reflection of the weakness of their legal case.

Without details ; how can you expect reliable advice?.

Why shouldn't the Trustee in Bankruptcy realise an asset of the bankrupt?

Were they on the (legal) title to the property?

How was the beneficial (equitable) interest on the property held, tenants-in-common or joint tenancy?

How long after the bankruptcy was the possession order sought?

What actions during the time before the possession order was sought were taken regarding the property, and the rights of any co-owners or persons in actual possession?

These questions may not be an exhaustive list to enable advice.... but at least it is a start.

What sort of data are you trying to get?

A SAR under the DPA would only get you information which is treated as 'personal data', which usually needs to be biographical in some sense. That would not necessarily get you everything you want. It is worth asking the court for a copy of their data protection policy if that is the route you want to go down.

There could be an exemption the court can rely on to avoid having to respond to your SAR, I haven't checked.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I disagree, you are entitled to all data (computer and paper) held about you that can be LINKED TO personal data, so if you call a radio station and give them your phone number and they store that in a record that says "this guy is a racist" they have to provide you with that complete record. I have even obtained "related" data, that is data held in one table that in held in a relational database where there is a common key field.

The example would be Tesco, they may have your name, address and phone number in table a and the key field might be ABC124, then in the clubcard table there may be records where ABC124 is listed but not your name etc, still because it can be accessed and related to you, then you are entitled to it.

If one followed your login all they would tell us is our name and address etc.

Once you know what the data says you can make requests about it.

Another example is your credit record, once you provide your name and address they will provide you what data they have RELATED to you.

Edited by DavidP24

I would like to ask: Do I have the RIGHT to be provided with the electronic computer records relating to my recent case in the Chancery division?

Does this relate to your thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?459968-Eviction-Warrant-Procedure.&p=4860888#post4860888

(Where you haven't provided enough detail to allow reliable replies.....)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I would like to ask for advice,

as to the legality of form:

N54 A (further attempt at eviction)

when I went to the government website to download this document it had `Sample` displayed over it, leaving me to question it`s legality.

This document states that

`bailiffs can re-attend at anytime without further notice`

seems rather horrendous to me,

but not at all surprising,

another covert `back door` change in the law affecting our human rights.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

Hi, I would like to ask: What format should a `closing statement` include after a bankrupt is discharged?

a) Is the trustee duty bound, to issue a complete itemised inventory by way of a set legal

criteria.

b) The name of the trustee and his company.

c) Should this statement be signed.

d)Should there be supporting documentation relating to creditors.

e) Proof of creditor authenticity (invoices etc.).

f) A breakdown of costs.

g) At what point is the bankrupts `detailed` file passed to the Insolvency office.

in other words an `Audit trail` relating to every last penny acquired from the estate.

Thanks.

11 threads merged on related back ground case and all that's happened.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...