new to all this, help !!

wookerson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i have just heard from friend about the whole claiming back all bank charges from bank for upto 6 years.

i have an account with RBOS and have had it for approx 9 years. i reckon they must have had over £1000 from me in charges.

so my question is where do i start? my friend mentioned i should ask bank for last 6 years of statements, but they may try to charge me loads for this but if i send a copy of something to do with data protection then they must give me the statements for £10. is this true?

what is the first thing i should do, to do this properly.

your help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi Wookerson

I don't mean to be rude, but there are several threads in the faq sections that lay out quite specifically what steps to take, and there are template letters included in the section.

Yes, what your friend has said is 100% true, and what you need to do is send a subject access request and a cheque for £10, all covered in the faqs!

The only reason I am being slightly abrupt is because the more of this site you read, the more informed you are, the better we are all able to do! If you slip up somewhere, your entire claim could be thrown out putting you back to square 1. And I appreciate you want to do this properly!

So welcome! Pull up a chair, grab a coffee and find your reading specs! We're a friendly bunch mostly.

iPeach