BELMONT THORNTON CMC Claimform - unpaid PPI reclaim fees? ***Settled by Mediation***

HelpfullFriend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok. He has received the 'Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track'. Sorry I got this upside down, I cant seem to turn it.

copy attached

Hopefully this works.

CAG1.pdf

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just a quick note.

He has received an email from the solicitors acting on behalf of Belmont Thornton.

They are requesting he rings them to discus a private matter.

I take it this wont be anything to do with the court case so does he just ignore it or reply to the email.

Thanks

I would...I assume it is most definitely to do with the claim ...ring them see what they want.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know

the mediation on this has been accepted.

Booked for a one hour slot at 2pm on the 21st April.

He has been advised he wont have to speak to the third party.

They speak to him and go to them and then come back to him. Is this correct?

He hasnt responded to the email but may give them a ring next week he says.

What does he need to provide?

Is there anything else he needs to be aware of?

What would be the outcome depending on which party wins?

thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to let you guys know

the mediation on this has been accepted.

Booked for a one hour slot at 2pm on the 21st April.

He has been advised he wont have to speak to the third party.

They speak to him and go to them and then come back to him. Is this correct? Yes

He hasnt responded to the email but may give them a ring next week he says.

What does he need to provide?

Is there anything else he needs to be aware of?

What would be the outcome depending on which party wins? Nobody wins at mediation...its either mutually agreed to settle or it proceeds to trial.

thanks

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So if nobody wins at mediation then he either has to agree to pay

or they have to agree to give it up. No..mediation is purely an exercise to narrow any differences with a possibility of reaching a settlement.....Its not a trial but it can end the process if agreement is reached.

Is that why they are trying to get hold of him,

so they can make an agreement before the mediation. Possibly...but I would ignore until mediation

He cant see them giving up so is the mediation a waste of his time?

Not really...all parties are expected to participate in mediation...if an agreement cant be reached at least you participated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

My name is Paul and i am the person this is all about.

rather than have somebody else type this up,

i have come on here to say thanks for all your help so far and to advise the mediation yesterday has resulted in me offering a settlement of the £56 original fee charged.

they have written off the solicitors fees and the court costs.

reason i made the offer -

The court advised i could of incurred further charges had i proceeded to court with this.

they said the agreement was binding as the way it was written says they were entitled to the percentage of the offer even though it never went further than that.

The paperwork said it was an offer i paid the percentage on and they had done their work by getting me the offer

- even though it was unreasonable.

I realise that i could of proceeded to court but i was worried about adding more charges to the account.

i did tell the mediator i wasn't happy.

he actually agreed the case was unique in the sense no refund has been given to me and it has cost me money.

he couldn't advise me if i could take it any further.

i was a little stuck in the mediation for 1 hour with no legal advice to take (my fault not yours)

they have given me their bank details and i have to pay within 14 days.

i will then have to find out if i can do anything about these people and the 'technicalities' of the words,

although i feel i may not be able to.

As i previously said - thanks for all your help and if any of you are looking at PPI reclaim,

or you hear of anyone - please please advise them to stay away from a company called BELMONT THORNTON xx

Edited by Andyorch
Paragraphs

Many thanks Paul for updating and concluding this thread.

I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

or never use any CMC for that matter

well done everyone.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...
Hi Guys.

My name is Paul and i am the person this is all about.

rather than have somebody else type this up,

i have come on here to say thanks for all your help so far and to advise the mediation yesterday has resulted in me offering a settlement of the £56 original fee charged.

they have written off the solicitors fees and the court costs.

reason i made the offer -

The court advised i could of incurred further charges had i proceeded to court with this.

they said the agreement was binding as the way it was written says they were entitled to the percentage of the offer even though it never went further than that.

The paperwork said it was an offer i paid the percentage on and they had done their work by getting me the offer

- even though it was unreasonable.

I'm sorry, but I am just catching up with this.

I'm very interested by what you say about the mediation. You say that "the court" advised you a further charges. You mean that the mediator warned you of further charges and do also mean that the mediator expressed an opinion about the agreement being binding?

If this is the case, then it seems to me that the mediator has exceeded his role because, as I understand the mediation role, it is not for him to express any opinion as to the binding nature of a contractual document. Also, to warn you about the possibility of extra charges – in a small claims case – seems to me to be putting you under an undue pressure to accept a compromise which you might not normally have been required to accept.

I'd be very grateful if you could give us more information about how the mediation process went, but if my reading of what you have said here is correct then it is yet another reason why mediation is not a good way forward.

• dx100uk changed the title to BELMONT THORNTON CMC Claimform - unpaid PPI reclaim fees? ***Settled by Mediation***