Lowell pre-legal assessment letter Cap1 debt

Fionaj6131
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a £768.23 debt originally from Cap One credit card.

Stopped paying when I lost my job.

This has been sold to Lowells who have been sending me the usual threatening letters, indispersed with discount offers for a few months now.

They have now sent a 'Pre-legal Assessment' letter which informs me that they know I am working, a home owner, and service other debts.

They also state that they are willing to accept whatever amount I suggest for a 'repayment plan' but would go down the Court route if they do not hear from me.

Advice on how best to proceed would be great as am about to be made redundant in March.

Thank you.

Have a £768.23 debt originally from Cap One credit card. Stopped paying when I lost my job. This has been sold to Lowells who have been sending me the usual threatening letters, indispersed with discount offers for a few months now.

They have now sent a 'Pre-legal Assessment' letter which informs me that they know I am working, a home owner, and service other debts. They also state that they are willing to accept whatever amount I suggest for a 'repayment plan' but would go down the Court route if they do not hear from me.

Advice on how best to proceed would be great as am about to be made redundant in March.

Thank you.

When did you take out this Cap1 account originally ?

When did you stop paying it ?

Do you have other debts ?

What is the total of the debts you have ?

Do you have a debt management arrangement to pay other debts ?

Lowell don't normally issue court claims themselves. It gets farmed out to legal debt collection firms who write out to people before issuing claims.

Can you answer the above and we might be able to offer some advice.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Your life and family come first - well before the needs of Lowell. Do not enter any discussion at this stage and certainly do NOT phone them. This is a standard threatogram.

Can you give us more history? When was the card taken out and when did you stop paying? Have you paid anything during that time or have you acknowledged in writing whilst in default that you accept responsibility for the debt?

Personally I would wait for now and see what happens next. Most probably there will be a series of further letters, maybe offering a discount, but I would still hold off until you get a Letter Before Claim. That is the time to CCA Lowell to see whether they are even able to enforce the debt.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

oh god not the pre school assessment letter from lowells

was it the one in red crayon

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh god not the pre school assessment letter from lowells

was it the one in red crayon

Considering Ive just woken up and this is the first thing I read.... Jesus this made me laugh... :p

OP... This will get farmed out to one of Lowells potential solicitors, however Lowell also have their own legal team now so could be interesting. I personally would send a CCA request now to see if they have the legal documents before it hits court... But Others may advise differently.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fiona

Come back for more advice about this. Remember that if you have debts which you are not paying which exceed £5k, then certain companies will look at bankruptcy down the line as a possibility, if they note you own property. They should go down the CCJ route first and you would get opportunity to defend or pay. This does not appear to be on the horizon yet.

I only mention this, as i saw your thread about another catalogue debt exceeding £5k.

Armed with more information, we would be better placed to offer advice. Don't bury your head, until you get a court claim through the post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Fiona

Come back for more advice about this. Remember that if you have debts which you are not paying which exceed £5k, then certain companies will look at bankruptcy down the line as a possibility, if they note you own property. They should go down the CCJ route first and you would get opportunity to defend or pay. This does not appear to be on the horizon yet.

I only mention this, as i saw your thread about another catalogue debt exceeding £5k.

Armed with more information, we would be better placed to offer advice. Don't bury your head, until you get a court claim through the post.

One other thing Fiona... Lowell have been slapped on the wrists forum issuing Statutory Demands like raindrops...

They will issue if they feel they can chance it...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The other debt is with another DCA, but both have threatened bankruptcy to debtors. Lowell have previously bought other debts, so they have enough to go for bankruptcy.

But from what i have seen, most companies now seem to follow the FCA rules and will go down the CCJ route first.

• 9 months later...