Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: Barclaycard. PPI and "linked cards"?

Sounds promising merlin, let us know when you find out more

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder merlin100 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2008

Will do maroon

Well heres an unexpected update guys.

Just over a year ago I received a refund of 184 from Barclaycard regarding PPIicon on an old Eggicon account.

This morning a letter from them dropped through my door with an attached cheque for 1084.00 along with an apology for miscalculating in the first place!

Thats certainly brightened my day up!

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Yaay !!

Sounds like a great result but have you been told exactly how or why this refund has been calculated.

Is CAGicon gonna get any donationicon please

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

Did you hear anything more from Citi in respect of the monies they paid out to your ex ?

Have a read of the thread linked below...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...S-and-Nat-West

I would think this applies to you !

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library
    Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Sorry about the late reply chaps - work called!
    Slick - this is the new breakdown they sent me,

Total statutory compensation on new calculation 394.51
    Total statutory compensation on previous refund 37.79
    Additional statutory compensation paid 56.72
    20% income tax deducted from additional statutory compensation 71.34

then of course, interest is applied but they dont give those amounts.

CitizenB, thats a very interesting read. And yes, it looks like it most certainly applies to me. Its a pity the fosicon were not involved, that would have given any letter I wrote, some weight. But Im certainly going to get back on their case so to speak. Ive just got to figure out how to word the letter in view of the actions of RBSicon etc.

And for the record - when the cheque clears (Thursday I think) I will be donating 50 to CAGicon.

Oops sorry guys, Additional statutory compensation paid should read 356.72!! Wheres my glasses?

Follows
    Following

50 to CAGicon

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Many many thanks merlin for your generous donationicon which helps us to cover our Forum costs and helps us to continue to help others.

Well done on your claim...excellent result.

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Great work by all involved

Regards

Andyorch

Thread linked to the PPIicon Success Forum

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlin100 View Post
    50 to CAGicon
    yes, thank you for this. I sent you an email about this when we received your gift but as you have a Hotmail address, my message may have gone to your spam folder. Please do check it.

Considering the amount that you have received by way of a refund, your donationicon is incredibly generous. We really are very grateful.

I hope you won't mind me using this post to make a point to others who read this. We have many people who have received many thousands of pounds in PPIicon refunds because of our help but most of the time we don't even get thank you – let alone a donationicon.

We did get another donation of 50 from someone two or three years ago. Their PPI refund was over 40,000 – it might have been 60,000, I can't quite remember.

As I have said, your donation was extremely generous. Thank you.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Barclaycard. PPI and "linked cards"?***Successful Claim***

Hi Bankfodder. Just checked my emails and yours didnt arrive, unless you are busty Svetlana from Latvia looking for a hot-blooded Englishman to have lots of boobies (sic) with? Maybe I looked in the wrong box there?
    Anyway, to be honest, I didnt think 50 was such a big deal seeing as I got just over a grand back that I would otherwise have never seen had it not been for CAGicon.
    This is one great website and Ive learned so much from people like yourself, Andyorch, dx100 and a few more.
    I noticed when I sent the money that there is provision to become a regular contributor to the site so Im chucking in a tenner on the 1st of every month.
    Ive been on many sites like this one over the years, learning how to beat the finance industry and play them at their own game, but none have come even a close second to CAGicon. The others seem to have one chip or another on their shoulders and consequently their advice frequently advocates pointless threats that make any correspondence look childish. CAG thankfully, isnt like that.
    Ill let you all know when Ive set the payment up.
    Thanks everyone.

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Hi merlin,

Can I also echo Andyorch and Bankfodders posts thanking you for your donationicon, it really is very much appreciated. Like yourself I also came to CAG when I was in need of advice on how to take on the Finance industry regarding Bank charges and more recently PPIicon, I've been here a while now and all the advice and encouragement I've had has been spot on.

Thank you again.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Hi guys. Just looked into donating a tenner a month. It doesnt give me a date option so Ill set it up on Thursday (1st June) and hopefully it will then come out on the first of every month.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

I just sent the email to you again. It should have arrived in the last couple minutes.

Your regular payment is a really generous gesture – but if you don't mind I think I would rather decline. You've already been incredibly generous and it's not for you to try and carry the weight of everybody else's "forgetfulness" on your own shoulders.

Don't let me mislead you. We pay our expenses and we are not at risk. If we were seriously in trouble then I would be putting out a special appeal to everybody and in our newsletter. It would simply be nice to be rather more comfortable about things and a few years ago we used to have a regular site team weekend, for instance where we would discuss the forum and discuss ideas and also have a meal together. We haven't had this for a long time.

There are probably lots of other things that we could do if we had more money – but of course the real problem is getting other people to be aware of the value that they get from us and the fact that in a huge number of cases, they wouldn't have got their money back or even have thought to get their money back if it hadn't been for our help.

Once again, your donationicon was fantastic – I'd be very grateful if you waited until you had another result before making any further gifts to us – but if you do get a result then just send us a blank cheque and I'll fill in the details!!

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Hi Bankfodder, I got the second email thank you.
    Well I didnt expect a regular contributionicon to be turned down but I guess its your decision.
    I couldnt believe it when you told me how you all helped someone get a refund of between 40k to 60k of PPIicon and they only donated 50. That seems a bit mean.
    I offered the regular contributionicon because of the position I am in today as opposed to some years ago when i was married to a greedy and selfish ex-wife.
    It was because of the desperate situation she created that I found CAG.
    After years of crushing debt she finally upped and left and walked away from it, leaving me to deal with it all.
    Had it not been for CAG, I would have probably gone under in some way. Instead, slowly but surely I began to read about everyone elses problems and the solutions CAG provided which lead to my fight back against the banks and loan companies. And most of it was very successful! You all have my undying thanks for this.
    But I didnt just find CAG. There are many other sites offering advice on how to deal with debt, but they seem to have their own agendas. Some, like the infamous Martin Lewis sites, really only recommend offering reduced payments or a grovelling approach to the banks etc, they rarely suggest challenging the authenticity of an Agreement or the crushing unfairness of multiple charges intended to bury the debtor further. Others appear to have a chip on their shoulders that taints any suggested response with an air of arrogance and/or intimidation. None of this advice is very helpful. The advice from CAG however, is simply legal and logical.
    Because of CAG, you are now talking to someone who has a completely different perspective of money. Myself and my wife earn over 5k a month and we only have basic commitments ( mortgageicon, utilities etc) other than one car on finance for the Mrs. My car was paid off two years ago and I flatly refuse to renew it! Mind you, it mainly sits in the garage and covers around 2000 miles a year!
    What Im trying to say Bankfodder, is that you are talking to someone who doesnt believe in much - Im very much someone who believes what he sees rather than what he hears. But I believe very much in CAG and would have liked to have contributed in some small way. A tenner a month was never going to break the bank, so to speak!
    Ill leave this decision to you then, the offer will always stand. Ill be around for a long time.
    Now to SARicon Welcome and Citibank!

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

I shall be following your journey with Citibank as I think will many others... nasty bank

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library
    Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details