Police can now instantly identify Blue Badge misusers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Police can now instantly identify Blue Badge misusers SCOTLAND ONLY

Police officers in Scotland can now immediately identify people who misuse Blue Badge disabled parking permits after an agreement was reached with local authorities.

The agreement, with all 32 local authorities in Scotland, now means that officers can access real-time information on the Blue Badge Improvement Service database, allowing them to immediately identify people who are abusing the scheme.

The main thrust of extending access to the database for Police Scotland is to allow better enforcement and to support local authorities in identifying misuse of disabled parking permits. The administration and management of the scheme remains the responsibility of local authorities.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2016/january/police-can-now-instantly-identify-blue-badge-misusers

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

About time.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 8 months later...
Guest roaringmouse

All blue badges have a photo of the holder. This photo is on the REVERSE as must never be left on display as it is the FRONT that any CEO needs to read.

For anyone unsure as to the use of a blue badge I hope this will help clarify.

A blue badge can ONLY be used when the person to whom the badge is issued is either in the car at the point it is parked, or is about to be collected by said car from the place that the car is parked.

You cannot drop your disabled mum off on the corner, then drive 300yds down the road to park and display the badge. You can park where you drop her, or not display the badge.

If the holder is the driver and parks then the holder leaves the vehicle for whatever reason (shopping, doctors etc) that is fine. BUT the holder cannot park, display the badge and then sit in the car whilst their passengers go shopping even if it is on behalf of the badge holder as they do not need to occupy a blue badge space nor park on restrictions as the able bodied person can walk like anyone else to a normal car parking space.

Likewise, people cannot use the badge themselves whilst shopping on behalf of the BB holder.

Local Authorities are at last clamping down on this. CEO's, the police and the council blue badge investigators have the right to inspect the badge at any time. They also often read the badge when parked and telephone the actual BB holder at home, at which point they know they are not using it.

Prosecute every single time in my opinion!