Dismissed due to lack of mobility and Health and Safety

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been looking for advice for you I think you may be interested in this link >> https://www.supremecourt.uk/watch/uksc-2014-0164/140715-am.html

The reason is very clear if you watch this for the first 15 minutes, listen carefully to what is said...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

After being at home and applying for ESA and explaining my situation to a number of people, I must say that I am a bit upset about what happened to me. I have worked in a hospital on the 4th floor and have never been deemed a health and safety risk. I was just going over my job description which I was not given but was on the website and found that there was no mention of receptionist being Fire Marshalls as at the time I started they had not even had a fire drill ...ever! So it seemed to me that receptionists being fire marshalls rather than physiotherapist who are based on the ground floor assisting was decided on the day. My friend said that although I did not appeal after 5 days I should take it further as this was the basis of my employment being terminated as they were going to reduce my hours to part time which I would not have minded. Help please :sad:

• 3 months later...
After being at home and applying for ESA and explaining my situation to a number of people, I must say that I am a bit upset about what happened to me. I have worked in a hospital on the 4th floor and have never been deemed a health and safety risk. I was just going over my job description which I was not given but was on the website and found that there was no mention of receptionist being Fire Marshalls as at the time I started they had not even had a fire drill ...ever! So it seemed to me that receptionists being fire marshalls rather than physiotherapist who are based on the ground floor assisting was decided on the day. My friend said that although I did not appeal after 5 days I should take it further as this was the basis of my employment being terminated as they were going to reduce my hours to part time which I would not have minded. Help please :sad:

Hi, sorry cant help with your dismissal, but as for the Fire Marshall being on the 4th floor and not the 1st, to me its makes sense as a fire would surely spread upwards ? Less trouble foe people to get out if lower down in a building ?

Would need more help, control and guidance higher in a building thus need a Fire Marshall ? I know not every fire starts downstairs. all just my opinion