Lowell..and disputed Tmobile debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've been a member here for a few years since the original debt caused me problems, but I cant remember my log in details.

At the end of 2011 I had a Tmobile phone stolen and £340 rung up before I realized and reported it missing.

During the phone call to discuss the bill with their complaints dept,

I was offered a goodwill gesture of £170 *IF* I took out a new 18 month contract at a higher monthly rate than I had been paying.

I asked for some time to think about it and took an email address (as at that point I wanted to get things in writing).

After I had done some research, probably here, I discovered that I was liable so I emailed Tmobile to accept the offer.

Tmobile emailed back saying they had withdrawn the offer as it was a "one time only telephone offer",

so I would have to pay in full (I still have both emails)

I thought "then" and cancelled the direct debit.

A few months later Sigma Red started writing to me about the debt, and marked my credit file with a default against them not Tmobile.

As I have a few debts in good standing ,

having this one default hasn't really caused me problems

and I am happy not to pay Tmobile when they are acting as "fences",

but I have been looking forward to having the default drop off my file for personal satisfaction reasons.

So that's the history.

I have just started to receive letters from these Lowell people saying that my account was "sold to them by Tmobile".

firstly, should the "sigma Red" debt now show as paid on my file?

Secondly, will Lowell enter a new debt?

I understand I can make them remove it but still it will be a PITA.

thirdly, as this debt is 18 months from being SB'd what are my options in dealing with Lowell?

is there any realistic chance of a CCJ?

Many thanks for your time.

Edited by old shaver

sigma would not have entered the defaultTM would have.

lowells can do what they like

as long as they don't change the original defaulted date.

pers i'd be getting an sar off to TM now.

get all the info,

and p'haps dispute the debt.

this does not sound fair to me.

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is Sigma Red a sub of Tmobile?

Company: SIGMA RED Started: 28/02/08 Account Updated to 17/05/15

COMMUNICATIONS

Default Date:10/09/11

Account Type: Current Balance:£340 Default Balance:£340

The above is copypasta direct from my file. Having read a few threads here before I posted, I thought it was odd.

With only 18 months before the SB date, would contacting Tmobile reset the clock on that?

I'm happy to redact and paste in the original emails but they would take a lot of space.

no sigma red is a DCA..

sar tmobile

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If sigma has it then its 100% UE.

Also:

At the end of 2011 I had a Tmobile phone stolen and £340 rung up before I realized and reported it missing.

I was offered a goodwill gestureicon of £170 *IF* I took out a new 18 month contract at a higher monthly rate than I had been paying.

You got Conned. Likely by a sales pitch so the operator got comission off it as he couldnt be bothered to put you through to the fraud department.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep. They only deal in bad debts that nobody else will touch

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

why did you pay it then?

and they

"why did you pay it then?" umm I didnt.

I think my post was edited by a mod for some of the daddies special words I used in my hypothetical response to Tmobile.

I think I can see the problem.

Tmobile offered me a "goodwill gesture" of paying half the original bill if I took out the extended and more expensive contract.

I asked that we carry on correspondence in writing, and for some time to research the contract I was being offered (and to research my liability).

When I contacted them to say that I would take up the "goodwill offer" they withdrew it, so basically they made a "bad will offer" which I took to be a go forth an multipy from them, so I did.

Edited by old shaver

It changes words. Not the meaning. Your post implies you got tricked into paying something you did not owe, and you added conditions or they did to the payment.

Is somebody actually going to help me with the actual issue here , or even put it back into the right subforum or are we all going to praise ourselves on our reading comprehension?

Its a truth oft repeated, the best way to get help on an internet forum isnt to ask a question but to post the wrong answer and wait for everybody to correct you.

post 2 is your answer.

as for a CCJ we've not got a crystal ball sadly

however a search of cag with say the words claimform mobile debt

should reveal that the majority of mobile claims by fleecing dca's where there is a dispute

[like yous say - unfair call charges relating to a phone theft]

result to nothing

as for the paid bit..

I guess you are reading the TMobile CRa file entry - that says £0

but the lowells one say the true bal?

so you though it had been written off?

that's what happens on a cra file when a debt is sold on.

as long as the dca doesn't charge the defaulted date, theres sadly nowt of worth to wave arms about.

on the defaults 6th birthday

the whole account will vanish.

as in post 2

if you want to gather evidence in case of a claimform

it would be in your interest to send an sar to TMobile now

then you will have the written proof to counter their poss court claim.

nothing more you can do sadly.

the thread is in the right forum

as the original debt was a mobile phone account that went bad

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I had a previous success but as Lowell wouldnt let sleeping dogs lie,

I dont see why I should.

I received a letter from Lowells during my county court fun and games with them,

the relevant parts being...

"due to non payment the account defaulted on 10/09/11 and was registered on your credit file.

The last payment toward your account was for £13 on 10/1/11"

The account was for a mobile that was stolen and charges to premium lines in Algeria rung up.

I got into an email correspondence with T-mobile

where I was originally offered a reduced payment deal but when I accepted it ,

it was withdrawn and the full balance demanded.

I still have the emails, the latest dated 10/2/11.

I consider this to be SB from tomorrow.

I also consider the account to have been "in dispute" when it was sold to the first of a chain of recovery companies.

I consider the default date to be 1 month after the final payment ie: 10/2/11 and therefor it should clear from my file tomorrow.

Lowells are the holders of the default and should make all this happen for me.

What say you?

on a side issue, the default amount on my file is £100 more than the original default figure and I assume this is made up of charges?

This cant be right shirley!?

Edited by old shaver

So what happened with the County Court Claim ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes if the claim was discontinued ...then the clock never stopped...the difference in the debt amount may be the court fees for issuing the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Assuming it is ..which you would have to check by getting hold of a statement..shouldn't be showing anywhere...they discontinued..therefore they stand the wasted cost.

Its showing as £450 on the "top line" of the default, but £350 against all the little red "D"s .

I tried posting up a snip/screen shot but I cant get it to work :( S

do I send the letter with the quoted info to the credit agencies or do I demend Lowell contacts them and ammends the record?

I might even be persuaded to give them a very small amount in full and final settlement.

10% of what they paid the previous DCA,

who probably paid T-mobile 10%,

should cover Lowells costs. a

bout £3.50.

CRAs wont amend it...only Lowell can alter the amount....should they wish to.

• Confused 1

mmm, and are there any tactics and strategies to get them to do this?

I could give it until Sept when it drops off anyway which was my original plan.

However, I'd been working on improving my credit when Lowells dropped the court claim on me so now I'm up for the fight.

Not much you can do (except a notoce of correction on the amount)..inflated or not...wont go until its sixth aniversary

old and new threads merged for full history

dx

and they

old and new threads merged for full history

dx

Cheers. I'm guessing that if I write to Lowells and request they update my credit file, they're not just going to see the light and realize they have been walking the crooked path all this time. Is there anything I can quote that might remind them they have a duty to keep the files in order? BTW, I got a noodle update today that pushed my credit score from fair to poor, the only difference being the Feb default.