style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I'm sorry if this subject is in wrong section!

I have received a letter from a bailiff company with regards to a debt which is currently in a repayment plan.

The issue is, on the reverse of the letter is a letter to another of their debtors, including names, address and details of the debt they owe.

Do I ignore it?

Should I contact the people on the letter?

Do I make a formal complaint to the bailff company?

My worry is that if I have received someone else's details, then they could have received mine. Is this a breach of confidentiality? DPA?

Thanks in advance for any responses

Bailiff advice should be along soon to give spot on advice but it certainly warrants a complaint surrounding data protection.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I wouldn't be using that as an excuse to not sort your own issues if you have one?

is there a debt that you are currently involved with that includes bailiff involvement?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wouldn't be using that as an excuse to not sort your own issues if you have one?

is there a debt that you are currently involved with that includes bailiff involvement?

dx

At no point have I said, or suggested, I'm using it to prevent sorting my own issue out. As stated, I have a repayment plan which I'm happy paying as I acknowledge I have a debt which is mine to repay!

My issue is someone may have been given my private information in the same manner that I have received someone else's. Please read the post again instead of jumping to conclusions!

Deal with your own matter of course, but you should take a copy of the letter and send it to the person whose name appears on the back and tell them what has happened and tell that that their data has been compromised.

Tell them that they can come here for help.

Do not refer it back to the enforcement company.

You should also visit the Information Commissioner's website where there is a complaint form for this kind of stuff.

Hi. I'm sorry if this subject is in wrong section!

I have received a letter from a bailiff company with regards to a debt which is currently in a repayment plan.

The issue is, on the reverse of the letter is a letter to another of their debtors, including names, address and details of the debt they owe.

Should I contact the people on the letter?

Do I make a formal complaint to the bailff company? My worry is that if I have received someone else's details, then they could have received mine. Is this a breach of confidentiality? DPA?

Thanks in advance for any responses

I would suggest that you take the good advice given by Bank Fodder and forward the letter to the named person. It is only small enforcement companies that manage their own postal service. All other companies use outside mail companies and my personal opinion is that this was merely an error with postal machinery.

By alerting the name person to the letter it may avoid their debt escalating and an enforcement fee of £235 being added.

Excellent advice from Bankfodder and Bailiff Advice, I would do what they suggest ASAP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!