Hillesden/DLC/Mortimer Clarke - Claimform - Blackhorse Loan***Claim Discontinued***

Constantly troubled
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if I'm repeating old info, I have had a read of other posts but these all seem to be at CCJ defence stage and I'm not there yet! Details are as follows:

Hillesden have been chasing me for a payment of £848 for as long as I can remember. The debt was passed to DLC and most recently to Cabot. Mortimer Clarke are now chasing me on behalf of Cabot and claim that they will take me to court if I don't respond with a suitable payment arrangement.

The van was returned in 2007 and my last payment on the debt was Sept 2008 (according to them). I do not know when it defaulted exactly but I do know it's no longer on my credit file. I wrote a SB letter to them but they have now responded stating that the contract was not terminated until August 2010! They say that means they can now take me to court.

How do I proceed?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think you need to read the letter properly

doesn't say WILL do anything.

clever wording .

and ofcourse the SB date runs from say 1 month after last payment

let me guess

this is a blackhorse loan...?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

An update on this, I have received court papers today. I'm going to defend the claim (obviously) on the basis that the debt is SB. Do I need to write to Black Horse for a SAR? will it make much difference? I know when the last payment was made to them and it was definitely over 6 years ago, it's just whether the courts take their contraction termination date rather than the last acknowledgement date.

Also, can I submit my defence now or should I wait until nearer the deadline?

Thanks

Moving you to Financial Legal Issues Constantly troubled..in view of the claim received.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you would read and answer the following the link...posting your responses here to enable the best advice on how to proceed with the claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

Name of the Claimant Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC

Date of issue – 13 Jan 2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The claim is for the balance of instalments due and unpaid under the agreement dated 4/4/06 and under which Black Horse Ltd agreed to provide credit in relation to the purchase of goods payable by instalment (“the Agreement”). The Agreement was assigned to the Claimant. PARTICULARS 1. Amount due and unpaid £850 THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 1. Amount due and unpaid £850

What is the value of the claim? £980

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? April 2006

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I can't remember

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes, I have a vague recollection of that

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Was out of work and had no funds to pay

What was the date of your last payment? September 2008

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

" What was the date of your last payment? September 2008 "

Then surely its statute barred.

Acknowledge the claim today and submit your defence at the same time.

Have you got the draft for a statute barred defence?

Andy

No but I'm sure I can find one on here somewhere? If you read the beginning of my thread, they wrote back to me to say that the contract wasn't terminated until August 2010, therefore, it's not SB. Could there be any credence to that? I ignored them but they have issued court papers anyway.. Is this a usual tactic for them?

Thanks for your response Andy.

If it was a fixed term loan and you defaulted for whatever reason then the whole is payable and terminated on that missed default pursuant to the T&Cs of the agreement...so you state your last payment was Sept 08 and they state that it was terminated Aug 10....2 years after the default...have they disclosed documents to prove that?....

Here is the SB defence

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on ( insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3.The breach of contract was September 2008.The Claimant contends that the account was terminated August 2010...23 months after the breach.

4. The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

Hi Andy

Would the fact that it was a car loan have any effect on the above? Would there be something in the terms and conditions that state the default date is not the start of the SB clock but the date that they decide to terminate the agreement?

Have you checked the T&Cs of the agreement?

Have you checked the T&Cs of the agreement?

I've had a swift scout through but can't see anything specific. I actually terminated the agreement with them when I sent the vehicle back in 2007. The balance is what they say I owe resulting from depreciation/resale value etc.

what do you mean you sent the vehicle back?

did you voluntary surrender or was it voluntary termination.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry I didn't get notification of a response to my post and I had to find the thread through an old email?

Anyway, this is the situation, as far as I remember it:

The vehicle was returned because it was used for self employment and that ended.

They billed me for the shortfall (post re-sale) and that's the amount they are chasing.

I may have made a small payment here and there (it's so long ago) but I know it's over 6 years.

According the letter they sent after the SB letter, it was Sept 2008 but they only terminated the contract in August 2010.

I find this ludicrous when surely I terminated the agreement myself by arranging for collection of the vehicle? There was no repossession of the vehicle!

yes but did you fill in a voluntary termination letter etc under the CCA sec 90?

if not it was VS and you are liable for the whole lot.

theres not direct relationship between defaulted date and SB date.

sb will be a few months after your last payment

does your cra file hold this debt and payment details?

dx

and they

what date did you hand the car over?

why not ring BH and ask?

dx

and they

statute barred then

as all these bh claims are.

and they

so post 12 applies

dx

and they

If it was a fixed term loan and you defaulted for whatever reason then the whole is payable and terminated on that missed default pursuant to the T&Cs of the agreement...so you state your last payment was Sept 08 and they state that it was terminated Aug 10....2 years after the default...have they disclosed documents to prove that?....

Here is the SB defence

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on ( insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3.The breach of contract was September 2008.The Claimant contends that the account was terminated August 2010...23 months after the breach.

4. The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

Under point 2, should it not say Claimant at the beginning of the sentence rather than Defendant?