• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Want to complain for Irresponsible lending - Need advice **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I paid off my QQ loan(finally)not that long ago.

However,

I had been stuck with it for about five years (taken out in Nov 2010)-

Rolling it over every month as I couldn't pay all of the balance and the interest

- I'm sure you know the story.

it amounts to in excess of 50 loans (it rolled over every month for years).

I was overdrawn at the time and struggling to pay other things so desperation set in and I took out the initial loan.

I don't think they should have kept lending, clearly I was pulling up as new loan to pay off the old

and in the end I think I've paid in excess of £11,000 in interest for what started life as a £400 over 30 day loan.

I think that's excessive and pretty much loan sharking so I would like it back.

I've still got access to the account so have screen shot the vast list of loans but have also asked them for a full breakdown.

I want to complain to them as soon as possible so wanted to know how to word it.

I think the simple fact that I had a loan every month for years makes it obvious I was in trouble but wondered what else I should say to them?

I was also overdrawn at the bank at the time I took it out and I'm going to look at my credit report to see if they did a search at that point

, either way they would have seen missed payments and defaults.

Thank you in advance.

M.

Edited by citizenB

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455382-Were-you-caught-in-a-Pay-Day-Loan-Trap-You-may-be-able-to-make-a-claim

I am sure others will look in and offer advice, meanwhile have a read of the link above and also have a scout round the forums for other threads where your situation will, I am sure be repeated.

A Subject Access request might be a good move - it will cost you £10.00 and will give you access to all the information they have in respect of your financial relationship with the company. They have 40 calendar days in which to provide this information - so not a quick fix.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**

And yes, if you could obtain a copy of your credit report to see if at the time you were borrowing from them, they accessed your credit file.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

11k interest off 400£ :!:

In the end, Yes. The big problem is you only benefit from the first loan, after that every loan is just to pay the one before it.

So I borrowed 400 but had to keep rolling it over.

Once I'd paid it took such a chunk if my wages, I had to borrow again etc etc...

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455382-Were-you-caught-in-a-Pay-Day-Loan-Trap-You-may-be-able-to-make-a-claim

I am sure others will look in and offer advice, meanwhile have a read of the link above and also have a scout round the forums for other threads where your situation will, I am sure be repeated.

A Subject Access request might be a good move - it will cost you £10.00 and will give you access to all the information they have in respect of your financial relationship with the company. They have 40 calendar days in which to provide this information - so not a quick fix.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**

And yes, if you could obtain a copy of your credit report to see if at the time you were borrowing from them, they accessed your credit file.

thanks B... I've been looking at a few things and had an immediate response to my request for a statement of all loans.

I think they may well just send me it... If not I'll work the complaint based on what I have now. I

'm sure I get told to burger off, so the FOS will be able to get the full info, I think.

Thanks again.

you are welcome. Do please keep us up to date with your progress :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

sar is a must

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Again,

Well I received a statement of account and it's even more than I thought in interest - Close to £13,000!!!!

I had loans rolling over month by month or spread over three months, every month for almost five years.

I think that in itself shows there was no way I could afford it and they were simply taking massive advantage of my situation.

I'm going to write my letter complaining of irresponsible lending and requesting the refund of all interest and charges plus 8% interest,

but would really appreciate someone having a look over it before I email it.

I don't really want to post it on here though - Would someone be OK for me to PM it to them?

I want to make sure I don't mess this up so would really, really appreciate a second opinion.

Thanks Guys,

M.

you will have to copy/paste, but yes.. private message it to me and I will proof it for you.

BCOBS

I wish :lol:

Best of luck, keep us updated with progress.

BCOBS

Ok, complaint gone in with amendments suggested by CB - Lets see what happens... :)

Fingers Crossed...

Mx

:thumb:

BCOBS

:thumb:

Hi,so I got a reply from quickquid only three hours after the complaint, (which gives a good indication of their " careful consideration ") as follows:

Dear Multay

Thank you for contacting Quick Quid. The contents of your email were duly noted. We apologise if there was any delay in responding to your complaint.

Your query raised several questions on what loan affordability is based on and what statutory checks are processed before assessing credit approval. Please be advised of the following information in relation to your query:

-We processed a credit check, the search id:XXXXXXXXXX confirms one of the affordability checks that were ran. You can find additional information on checks by contacting Callcredit which is one of the Credit Reporting Agencies we use.

-We also run various checks, which include but are not limited to, affordability assessment based on current financial commitments, as well as verifying any personal details provided on the application.

-After the application was submitted, we send our customers an email which contains the pre-contractual agreement and also contains a hyperlink that leads to an audio version for your convenience.

-Prior to making a lending decision, your loan application is reviewed and all of the information discussed above is analyzed and taken into consideration.

-Once that information is reviewed, we make a decision and subsequently contact the consumer to advise of the final credit decision.

After careful review of your account and the information you submitted at the time of your application, we have determined that we diligently followed our processes and conducted a credit and affordability assessment on each credit application that was granted. Furthermore, your request for a refund on the charges and fees associated with your loans has been denied.

If you have any queries, our Final Resolution Team is here to help.

Kind Regards,

Jackie

So I'll ask if this is the final decision firstly and then raise with FOS. I'm not sure what else I should do other than that? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mx

looks like one of their initial template deny responses. not a 'final response'.

escalate it to the 'final resolution team'?

I just replied and asked for confirmation that this is the final response... I'll let you know.. Thanks.

Hi,

Interestingly, I've just had an email from another person within the resolution team saying they will investigate my complaint and have 8 weeks in which to do so.

I'm going to inform him that I had the result of the investigation within 4 hours of sending the complaint yesterday, after "careful review" by Jackie Green. I have pointed out that it was impressive to have done that in 4 hours on an account that's 5 years old with around 50 individual loans on it.

I've also asked if his email means that the one yesterday was, in fact, a lie? Or if the departments are unaware of who is doing what? Or if todays email is a lie? Or if the complaint is being taken seriously at all and why they aren't following their own complaints process or the FCA rules...And also because I had a final response yesterday, I can go to the fos - I am interested to see if they argue that..

Do you think that will be OK? Clearly they haven't looked at anything and have pretty much confirmed that by sending the email they have, so I want to call them on it so I can get to fos as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Mx

they prob sent it up following your email post #16, knowing that their initial template wasnt a final decision.

yes, can add to a complaint already made as think fit.

seems you'll have to wait for their formal 'final response' (from that 'final resolution team' by the looks of it) before going to the fos.

see what citb etc say.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

No real update as yet,

no further emails to answer my questions so it looks like the full 8 weeks are on the cards, but I just wanted to ask:

Given that the credit search record report only goes back two years and QQ state

"-We processed a credit check, the search id:XXXXXXXXXX confirms one of the affordability checks that were ran.

You can find additional information on checks by contacting Callcredit which is one of the Credit Reporting Agencies we use."

along with reference number,

how can I check this? There is nothing at all from them in the last two years.

Would my argument regarding irresponsible lending still hold water even if they did a credit check?

Especially since the loans were rolled over so many times and they certainly didn't do one for each of the rollovers.

Nor did they ever discuss my financial situation with me in the entire 5 years.

Thanks,

Mx

i just had a case put through to FOS for another PDL and one thing they said was at that time there was no guidance for roll-overs......however with that said i think that your claim should be that after the 3rd or 4th roll-over that QQ should have been asking more questions about your reliance on this type of loan. Personally I doubt they carried out any credit searches after the 1st loan

i just had a case put through to FOS for another PDL and one thing they said was at that time there was no guidance for roll-overs......however with that said i think that your claim should be that after the 3rd or 4th roll-over that QQ should have been asking more questions about your reliance on this type of loan. Personally I doubt they carried out any credit searches after the 1st loan

Hi Neil. Can I ask when you submitted your complaint to Fos and if you have been assigned an adjudicator yet? I have a complaint with Fos against Quickquid and have been told it will be 8 months before an adjudicator is assigned??

Hi I have not used qq my complaint is with another lender but if you bare in mind that FOS are about 2 months behind on complaints then it takes anot her month or so for a response from the pdl then 8 months does seem a bit too long

Thanks Neil. Sorry, I thought you said you had a complaint with Fos currently. I only ask as I used Fos a couple of times last year and it only took a few months to be assigned an adjudicator after which they contacted the lender. Just seemed a long time to wait and the waiting times have increased dramatically in such a short amount of time.

• 1 month later...

Hi, so 8 weeks has passed without a final response despite me emailing them. So I've now raised the complaint with the FOS - No response from them as yet but it did say it would take a few days so I guess we will see what happens.

M

Hi Everyone,

So I raised the complaint with the FOS yesterday as the 8 weeks were up earlier in the week and surprise, surprise I just got a final response email from QQ telling that they did everything correctly but because they are nice and care about their customers, they will give me 500 quid... 500 quid! Really?? Obviously I've said no thank you, bearing in mind the charges I'm claiming are well in excess of £10,000!!!

Do they genuinely think I would accept that? It doesn't cover a months interest let alone 5 years!

Should I wait for the FOS to contact me or contact them and send a copy of the QQ email?

Thanks Guys... M