Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder robint Novitiate robint's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2011

Smile I really lost 20kgs over one year

I'd had two seriously painful years with bad hip joints and finally got both replaced. In that time I was barely able to move about - too painful, so I had put on weight up to 105kgs (I am 5'10" 60yrs male.) Now this was a lot of weight to heave around on my new hips, so Jan 1st this year I went on my much derided "cabbage soup" diet. Its actually a generic name for counting calories, avoiding all manner of processed foods, sugar salt, oil fats factory bread. So what's left? Fresh fruit vegetables, pulses, fish lean pork skinless chicken, eggs (no cheese), home made yoghurt and bread, tinned sardines, tuna, mackerel, pilchards.

Get to know your calories labels on supermarket foods

My diet took its name from a favourite chinese soup using green cabbage and 2oz lean pork cubed small handfull of noodles. You would be surprised how good that can taste.

When I studied what went into commercial bread I was appalled and, following 1000+ good ratings from users I got a breadmaker. These are so simple to use, takes 5 mins and press a button, come back 4 hours later. My bread is real wholesome seed loaf which I slice up and freeze. I can only manage 1 slice with low fat spread and marmalade in the morning, couldn't manage another, too filling.

To stave away hunger, chew on celery, carrots, apples, pears. The first month is the worst.

Keep a chart, weigh yourself at same time, same conditions.

It worked for me and I am not lugging an airporticon suitcase any more. I am going to keep going down to 80kgs then I will be the same weight I was 20 years ago.
    My stomach has shrunk to barely accepting more than a child's portion or I'm full

That's my true story, no fads, no BS or hidden agenda just plain healthy food <1500 cals.. Its in line with Nutrician's advice - that you should aim to loose a lb a week

Basic Account Holder robint Novitiate robint's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2011

Default Re: I really lost 20kgs over one year

OBTW, only allow yourself max 2oz of animal protein/day and the diet assumes you are not involved in serious manual work.

Basic Account Holder RosianFrances Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2015

does this diet have a webpage and if so do you have the link please?

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by RosianFrances View Post
    does this diet have a webpage and if so do you have the link please?
    http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage_soup_diet

If you pop "cabbage soup diet" into your search engine, you will get quite a few hits.

Basic Account Holder NancyMan Novitiate NancyMan's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2016

That's really inspiring! How did you motivate yourself during the first month?

Basic Account Holder Noah1 Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2016

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    I'd had two seriously painful years with bad hip joints and finally got both replaced. In that time I was barely able to move about - too painful, so I had put on weight up to 105kgs (I am 5'10&quot; 60yrs male.) Now this was a lot of weight to heave around on my new hips, so Jan 1st this year I went on my much derided &quot;cabbage soup&quot; diet. Its actually a generic name for counting calories, avoiding all manner of processed foods, sugar salt, oil fats factory bread. So what's left? Fresh fruit vegetables, pulses, fish lean pork skinless chicken, eggs (no cheese), home made yoghurt and bread, tinned sardines, tuna, mackerel, pilchards.

Get to know your calories labels on supermarket foods

My diet took its name from a favourite chinese soup using green cabbage and 2oz lean pork cubed small handfull of noodles. You would be surprised how good that can taste.

When I studied what went into commercial bread I was appalled and, following 1000+ good ratings from users I got a breadmaker. These are so simple to use, takes 5 mins and press a button, come back 4 hours later. My bread is real wholesome seed loaf which I slice up and freeze. I can only manage 1 slice with low fat spread and marmalade in the morning, couldn't manage another, too filling.

To stave away hunger, chew on celery, carrots, apples, pears. The first month is the worst.

Keep a chart, weigh yourself at same time, same conditions.

It worked for me and I am not lugging an airporticon suitcase any more. I am going to keep going down to 80kgs then I will be the same weight I was 20 years ago.
    My stomach has shrunk to barely accepting more than a child's portion or I'm full

That's my true story, no fads, no BS or hidden agenda just plain healthy food <1500 cals.. Its in line with Nutrician's advice - that you should aim to loose a lb a week
    good for you

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

I used a different method to drop from 110 kg to 86/87 kg (I'm 6 foot large bones).
    I simply cut in half my portions.
    I kept on eating everything (I don't eat junk anyway) but just half of it.
    It worked and now I'm used to smaller portions so the weight has been stable for the last couple of years.
    Welcome to the slim club robint 😊

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details