council tax reduction overpayment

sarahk81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

could you expand a little pls sarah?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi, basically I received notification of a housing benefit and council tax reduction back in July, I have appealed against the housing benefit over payment but have just found out that I should of appealed the council tax reduction too, the council have since sent me the information I need to put in my appeal but while I was waiting for my new benefits claim to be decided I received a summons for my council tax with the over payment added to my bill, so now I have a liability order for this.

Im really just wondering if this is normally what happens, my housing benefit over payment has been put on hold until the appeal, I just assumed the council tax would be too, I havent had this happen before so I dont know much about it

Thanks sarah

each council has its own local CTR scheme

but generally once you are billed for CT (including a CTR overpayment), you are normally expected to make the required payments until such time as an appeal overturns the debt - although some councils will put the debt on hold once an appeal has been received

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

each council has its own local CTR scheme

but generally once you are billed for CT (including a CTR overpayment), you are normally expected to make the required payments until such time as an appeal overturns the debt - although some councils will put the debt on hold once an appeal has been received

Thank you